E-100 and Maus

Maus E-100 Tech Tree Tanks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: E-100 and Maus (21 members have cast votes)

Maus and/or E-100

1. E-100 (7 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Maus (7 votes [33.33%])

3. Both (7 votes [33.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Mako__Reizei___ #1 Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:33 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8096 battles
  • [ALIAS]

Hello there fellow tankers. I've decided to do this thread out of boredom and also because I've seen a couple "E-100 or Maus" threads the past month or so. Here, I'll try to go through both tanks as well as the tanks leading up to them based off of my own personal experience and I will try to go as in-depth as I can. Also a poll here on which tank you guys prefer because why not.

Maus: The Maus has an amazing armor profile and it sports the best armor profile in game at 100%. It has decent mobility, very very thick armor, a decent gun and a nice line grind as well. It is a very good tank when used right in that since it's so tough, you can use it to slow down your opponents' advance to give your allies enough time to react to the enemy, to scout because of its very thick armor (not recommended for newer Maus drivers), hold down a chokepoint, or to initiate a push with your teammates on your flank. The mobility is ok and the gun is pretty decent as well. While the Maus is nothing spectacular with the gun, it's certainly decent enough where you can just snapshot and your shots will hit a target 90% of the time therefore minimizing the amount of un-angle time for your turret. With the Maus, you're gonna want to find solid cover to sidescrape off of and to hide that weak lower glacis because that is a glaring weakness of this tank. It also has thick tracks as well which absorbs shots really really well and it loves to eat HEAT rounds for no damage against tank destroyers. In this tank, you can get away with bullying other heavy tanks and medium tanks using your armor (a select few heavy tanks like the IS-4 don't count, stay away from them). You should always stay away from tank destroyers because those tanks can penetrate your armor with ease and take a huge chunk off of your hp in the process as well. Your huge mass and weight allows you to also deal high amounts of ramming damage as well.

In the Maus you can:

-Scout with your armor (takes a lot of experience)

-Bully other heavies and mediums with your armor

-Ram and tap people for big damage

Tanks in the Maus line:

-VK 30.01P: This is a big medium with a good gun, nice mobility and troll frontal armor. You can peak-a-boom with this at the right angle with your frontal armor to produce some troll bounces. The gun is very very good, it is accurate, 220 alpha hurts coming from a medium and you can ram other mediums with it as well. Most people don't like this tank and it's understandably why: It is because it's quite an oddball of a medium tank. Nevertheless, it is a good tank and definitely a fun tank to try out.

-Tiger P: Ah yes, Tiger P. Some say this tank is op while other people say it's garbage. I'd say that it's a balanced tank. This tank is quite slow but has good frontal armor and decent side armor. It has a good gun, capable of ripping apart its enemies with its DPM and good penetration. The armor is decent in that it is thick but it is also filled with a lot of weak spots, namely the lower glacis, the big tumor at the top of the turret and the driver's viewport. Despite these weaknesses, the armor is still good and it just requires some experience to cover up these weaknesses and make your armor shine. The 88mm gun that this and the Tiger I has are essentially sniper guns. They both have very good penetration, good DPM and very good accuracy.

-VK 100.01P: A beast of a tank in not just armor but alpha as well. I think that the tank itself is balanced, though I can see why people would say that it is op. It has very very good armor, good gun with 460 alpha gun (which hurts like hell at this tier) and a good traverse speed which is quite uncommon for tanks of this size and weight. This tank travels at 20kmh maximum which is quite slow if you aren't used to slow tanks. This tank has very very good armor on the front and sides which makes it extremely difficult to penetrate when played well, though you do have that lower plate as a massive weakness. Your commander's hatch isn't that much of a problem because not only is it quite tiny when looked up towards from other tanks' perspective but it is also quite tough on its own as well.  The very good traverse on this tank prevents most heavies from circling you and makes circling it even more difficult for mediums and lights as well and it also is quite heavy which can deal a lot of ram damage from just tapping any mediums as they try to circle you. Overall I think that this is a tier 8 Maus except for the turret angling as you don't really have to angle the turret.

-Mauschen: Tier 9 mini Maus. This is essentially a Maus that has been downgraded quite a lot and placed at tier 9. The play style is quite similar to the Maus due to the shape of the hull and the turret. In this you need to learn how to angle both hull and turret as well. I think that this is just a decent tank, no more than that as the top half of your sides are quite easy to penetrate with gold ammo when sidescraping. It has a big hatch on its turret as well which, unlike the VK 100's, it's quite weak and easy to penetrate even with standard ammunition. You also cannot angle the turret too much as well because the turret angles slightly a bit in a hexagonal shape of sort (kind of like the Tiger II and the E-75's turret but flatter and less rounded). I just think that compared to the mobility that you have on this tank and the VK 100's, it's not quite as mobile and also has a very weak hatch, though the tank itself is quite tall which can help cover up your tumor as well.

E-100: Mmm yes, E-100. Big gun, thick tracks as well. This tank moves at 30 kmh which is 5 kmh faster than the Maus. While the difference may not be that big, it is quite a significant difference in their speed. The E-100 sacrifices better overall armor in exchange for a bigger gun. It is less durable than the Maus but that gun is a very very nice gun on the E-100. Armor is not as good compared to Maus, but it's definitely still thick enough to bounce most shots albeit less frequent compared to the Maus because the armor isn't as thick on this tank and not only that, the cheeks are bigger as well and the lower glacis is also twice as big and it's weaker which means that it is easier to penetrate this tank overall.The turret is harder to angle due to the weaker and flatter armor on the E-100 as well. The E-100 has that big gun that the Maus doesn't have which makes up for the lowered overall durability of this tank. The 150mm punches big holes on your target which not only means that you don't have to expose your armor as long, you also deal high amounts of damage per shot as well, at 640 overall which is 1/3 of mediums, lights and tank destroyers, and essentially 1/4 of an opposing heavy tank's hp. Giving this tank Calibrated Shells gives it monster HEAT penetration at 367 which is basically tank destroyer levels of penetration and the HE also gets a big help as well. The HE on this tank can deal an average of 300-400 when you splash someone which can easily scare off hull-down enemy tanks and you can deal 1k worth of damage against tanks that can be penetrated by your HE shells. With the E-100, I recommend you to go close 2nd line support because of your weaker armor and big gun. I suggest you guys try 15 AP, 15 HEAT and 20 HE on this as well. Just remember that you do need 60k xp on this tank to unlock the 150mm gun as you start out with the 128mm gun.

The E-100 can:
-Dig out hull-down enemy tanks using HE
-Can be played firing only HE because of its high caliber gun

-Trade effectively with other heavy tanks because of high hp pool and high alpha

Tanks in E-100 line:

-VK 36.01H: The VK 36 is a very very strong tank currently due to the recent armor buffs this tank and a few others received. It has a good gun choice between the 88mm or the 75mm. The tank certainly is a meta tank at tier 6 right now and it's a fun and powerful tank as well. Definitely try this one out.

-Tiger I: The legendary Tiger I from WWII. I'd say that quite a number of old timers here probably downloaded/installed the game because of this tank and its history. The Tiger I should be played and treated as a heavium because it is one, though the recent armor buffs to it now allows it to play a heavy tank role. It has always been a good tank, even before the buff because of its mobility and firepower, and now it is even better thanks to the armor buff. I think that this tank is bordering on being quite op though others nay say so otherwise. Overall, a very very good tank right now and definitely a fun tank as well. Good DPM, good mobility and a very accurate gun, not to say that it's got heavy tank armor as well which makes this an amazing tank.

-Tiger II: King Tiger. Once was a bad/mediocre tank, now a very very strong tank. I think that the armor buff to this tank is a bit overcooked, though that is simply my opinion. It once was quite bad because the armor was quite bad which means that sniping is a big no-no due to the fact that the poor camo on this thing would get you spotted. Now, this tank is a beast, and a good Tiger II player should be fought well with caution because if not, then they will rip you apart. This tank can easily bounce shells given the right angle and it also has a good gun with great accuracy. Definitely a keeper for me and a tank you guys should try out.

-E-75: An amazing tank. This is like a Tiger II with a slightly weaker lower glacis and is a bit slower, but is buffed up a lot in other areas. The armor profile is absolutely amazing and its 128mm top gun is great as well. Nothing much I can really say here except that this is one of the few tanks I know that are so good that it's essentially tier 9.5, maybe even tier 10 down in tier 9.

Overall both the E-100 and the Maus are fantastic tanks on their own and I don't think that they can really be compared with each other. The E-100 and the Maus play significantly different from my own experience and whenever someone brings up a question of whether to get the E-100 or Maus, I usually say to get both because both are such good tanks and the tanks leading up to both the Maus and the E-100 are absolutely amazing as well (perhaps, except the Mauschen, I think it's ok). There really is no real answer as to which tank is better because they both play amazingly well in their respective play styles. If you want to see a sneak peek in what these tanks' play styles usually are, I suggest you watch some YouTube videos out there on these two tanks, as there is no real way for me to provide a solid answer between both these tanks. Which tank you want to get depends entirely on your play style and there is no real correct answer. The ease of use between the Maus and the E-100 also depend on your play style as well since they both play significantly different. If you want a big gun in exchange for weaker armor, go for the E-100 and if you want a significantly tougher tank then get the Maus.

Edited by Mako__Reizei___, 11 June 2020 - 06:33 PM.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

Kiwi_Kebab #2 Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6699 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

Really good guide from an experienced driver of these tanks; I've actually been thinking about driving some German heavies!

I'd actually played all the way up to the VK 45.02 B to get the Maus when they switched the tree. Suddenly I would need to go back to tier 7! 

Also, what do you think about the German heavies before the VK 72.01 (K)?

dport02 #3 Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33840 battles
  • [-FE4R]
This is just my opinion, but I think Maus is a no skill tank. It’s armor is ridiculous, just angle the slightest and your basically impenetrable
RNG is rigged !

BlitzAssassin #4 Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:06 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 24311 battles
  • [-CFE-]

View Postdport02, on 11 June 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

This is just my opinion, but I think Maus is a no skill tank. It’s armor is ridiculous, just angle the slightest and your basically impenetrable

I like to disagree with this. First off, your huge. It’s like trying to drive a cargo ship across the map. Anyone can load premium shells and pen the checks if the Maus driver isn’t careful. So you need to know how to angle. Since your side and mobility, you need to be aware of your surroundings and the reds locations most of the time. Can’t let people get to your side or rear. You need to have map knowledge because you can’t exactly relocate at your wish. The gun also isn’t the best. By all means it’s not terrible, but it’s not exactly to die for.

So while you don’t need the upmost of skill to play it, it’s not exactly a walk in the park. A clueless Maus player is a walking sign that just spells out “free damage”. 

Gitgudm9 #5 Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15399 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostBlitzAssassin, on 11 June 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

I like to disagree with this. First off, your huge. It’s like trying to drive a cargo ship across the map. Anyone can load premium shells and pen the checks if the Maus driver isn’t careful. So you need to know how to angle. Since your side and mobility, you need to be aware of your surroundings and the reds locations most of the time. Can’t let people get to your side or rear. You need to have map knowledge because you can’t exactly relocate at your wish. The gun also isn’t the best. By all means it’s not terrible, but it’s not exactly to die for.

So while you don’t need the upmost of skill to play it, it’s not exactly a walk in the park. A clueless Maus player is a walking sign that just spells out “free damage”. 

Yep, I agree. While heavy tanks certainly are more noob friendly than, say, lights, they also require a lot of finesse and planning to get the most out of them because they're so slow. Any moron can drive a Maus forward into the enemy and probably do alright thanks to its armor, but a good player will know how to hold/push a flank and adapt as the battle progresses. 

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

Mako__Reizei___ #6 Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:04 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8096 battles
  • [ALIAS]

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 11 June 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

Also, what do you think about the German heavies before the VK 72.01 (K)?

I think they're ok. I can see myself struggling a lot from the VK 45.02A because of the lack of armor and subpar mobility compared to the VK 30.01P. As for the VK 45.02B, I think that could be a fantastic tank for sidescraping though your angles would need to be sharper in a sense that you angle less or your side is gonna be more vulnerable. I think that the tier 9 would be fantastic and a lot of fun once you have the experience driving it.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #7 Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:55 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 60541 battles
  • [RNG_Y]

Maus, because of the 313 camo.

E100 seems to have gotten better after the penetration buff from... last year? I haven't played that one for a bit - hard to say I prefer it, considering that.

I don't know if one can actually angle the weak spots on the tier x VK, I haven't seen it done and I'm not in a hurry to try the tank - which is strange because I liked the vk45b the most out of the three tier nines...

All of the super-heavies can evaporate shockingly fast when positioned poorly... I think the notion that they're noob-friendly comes from the fact that the gun handling is surprisingly good, and that they have the HP to survive a couple mistakes after spawn camping for the first three minutes of a match

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

_Crusader6_ #8 Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69957 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 11 June 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

Maus, because of the 313 camo.

E100 seems to have gotten better after the penetration buff from... last year? I haven't played that one for a bit - hard to say I prefer it, considering that.

I don't know if one can actually angle the weak spots on the tier x VK, I haven't seen it done and I'm not in a hurry to try the tank - which is strange because I liked the vk45b the most out of the three tier nines...

All of the super-heavies can evaporate shockingly fast when positioned poorly... I think the notion that they're noob-friendly comes from the fact that the gun handling is surprisingly good, and that they have the HP to survive a couple mistakes after spawn camping for the first three minutes of a match

The heavy HP buff made the VK 72 into a decent tank, in someways better than the E100, but not in others.   

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  433/433 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Nathanronco #9 Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:30 PM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [BOMV]
I personally prefer the Maus because of it's sheer amount of HP and armor. It's simple: you don't push the Maus, the Maus pushes you.

"It's not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes." - Joseph Stalin

Dirk_The_Dragon_Slayer #10 Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33304 battles
  • [F-M-J]
Some of these tanks have really nice gun depression which wasn't mentioned. One of my favorite aspects of some of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users