Realistic skill

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Vantablack12 #1 Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:57 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14977 battles
  • [K9]

Why is it that I can do way better in Realistic, but I can't do nearly as good in regular battles?

I can consistantly do 2.5k almost effortlessly, but when I go back to Regular battles I have to put much more effort into it?

Have I just revealed that I have problems being too passive or too agressive?

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Mako__Reizei___ #2 Posted 15 June 2020 - 03:33 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7971 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Probably because of the fact that enemy positions don't show up on minimap which make it much easier to stay hidden even when you are "spotted".

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

Vantablack12 #3 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14977 battles
  • [K9]

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 15 June 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

Probably because of the fact that enemy positions don't show up on minimap which make it much easier to stay hidden even when you are "spotted".

That is a factor, but that can't possibly be the sole reason.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 14709 battles
  • [III-C]

I do better in realistic, most players don't bother to figure out how to play in regular battles, let alone realistic.

Light tanks using auto aim are OP in realistic because auto aim works when the target goes unspotted. The average player just cannot figure this out.

Markus_The0 #5 Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23082 battles
  • [KRNY_]

A few ideas, based on some the differences I've noticed between regular and realistic mode and some of my own experience... :)

Is it perhaps that you are more observant to watch for enemies because it is harder to see them?

Are you perhaps sticking closer to your team because you are trying to avoid being caught alone by the difficult-to-notice-reds?

Are you driving armored tanks that others don't know how to penetrate very well?

Are you utilizing the fact that you can disappear more easily?

Are you more creative in your strategies and/or places you go on the map in realistic mode?

Are you working more closely with your team against the same targets because you can often only see a tank or two at once?

Are you playing better because you're less stressed about your stats because realistic mode doesn't count toward stats?

Please don't feel bad about anything I mention! These are all topics that can affect all of us :) Hope something I shared might help!

Edited by Markus_The0, 15 June 2020 - 05:28 PM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

BlackBeltBlitzer #6 Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 871 battles

View PostMarkus_The0, on 15 June 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

A few ideas, based on some the differences I've noticed between regular and realistic mode and some of my own experience... :)

Is it perhaps that you are more observant to watch for enemies because it is harder to see them?

Are you perhaps sticking closer to your team because you are trying to avoid being caught alone by the difficult-to-notice-reds?

Are you driving armored tanks that others don't know how to penetrate very well?

Are you more creative in your strategies and/or places you go on the map in realistic mode?

Are you working more closely with your team against the same targets because you can often only see a tank or two at once?

Are you playing better because you're less stressed about your stats because realistic mode doesn't count toward stats?

Please don't feel bad about anything I mention! These are all topics that can affect all of us :) Hope something I shared might help!

I love your profile pic!

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

_The_Tactition_ #7 Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:09 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 24094 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Maybe you don’t use your minimap enough. The minimap is the unicums number 1 battle item. I use it pretty much every 5-10 seconds. Without the minimap, I struggle a bit in realistic, whereas if you don’t use it as much it may not effect you as much. Maybe that’s why you’re better in realistic

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Markus_The0 #8 Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23082 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostBlackBeltBlitzer, on 15 June 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

I love your profile pic!

Thanks! :)

My attitude in Blitz is a lot like that character (Reepicheep the mouse, from the Chronicles of Narnia): an optimistic, idealistic, underdog that never knows when to quit trying to succeed :)

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

Mako__Reizei___ #9 Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:16 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 7971 battles
  • [ALIAS]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 15 June 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

Maybe you don’t use your minimap enough. The minimap is the unicums number 1 battle item. I use it pretty much every 5-10 seconds. Without the minimap, I struggle a bit in realistic, whereas if you don’t use it as much it may not effect you as much. Maybe that’s why you’re better in realistic

I struggle immensely in realistic because of this. I look at the minimap like every 2-5 seconds depending on the current situation I'm in and I'm like 99% dependent on the minimap to tell me where people are. I'm slowly becoming less reliant on the minimap alone thanks to playing a few games on realistic but that still doesn't remove my dependence on it.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

EL_Din_46 #10 Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9367 battles

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 15 June 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

I struggle immensely in realistic because of this. I look at the minimap like every 2-5 seconds depending on the current situation I'm in and I'm like 99% dependent on the minimap to tell me where people are. I'm slowly becoming less reliant on the minimap alone thanks to playing a few games on realistic but that still doesn't remove my dependence on it.

Since I’m half colorblind the mini-map and hitskins aren’t  of much use to me. Now in realistic....bwahahaha!

Ok, it takes more than that, but I still have to chuckle. If it helps, I try to stay out of sniper mode, keep the turret moving during reloads, count tanks and use ArmorInspector and BlitzHanger to memorize weak spots. There’s probably more work arounds I’ve yet to discover.

Edited by EL_Din_46, 16 June 2020 - 12:45 AM.

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Vantablack12 #11 Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:20 AM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14977 battles
  • [K9]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 15 June 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

I deleted the points that I think have little to no effect on my Realistic mode gameplay. Other than those you were spot on! Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by Vantablack12, 16 June 2020 - 04:39 AM.

Vantablack12 #12 Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:26 AM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14977 battles
  • [K9]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 15 June 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

I believe that is my number one weakpoint. I don't use the minimap as much as I should and I have to force myself to look at it, but eventually I get lazy as the battle progresses, and I stop using it. I use it much more than I have in the past. I only have about 14,000 battles, so I think I'm still considered a bit of a "padawan", if you get what I mean.

shyw #13 Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50479 battles
  • [DOGZ]

There’s no RNG...!!!

You get the Damage you are suppose to get like in the Old Days before WG instituted RNG

You know where to shoot and at what angle, you can achieve more Damage

Also tagged with Realistic, skill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users