Clan running a clan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

generalhonks #1 Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6866 battles
  • [HOUSE]

I plan on starting a clan in the near future and I was wondering how to go about doing this. How do I lessen the chance of drama, what requirements should I put in place, and should I start a discord for it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. If you could join when I get it started, that would help a lot.:)

Missiles are not a problem, ya'll just jealous you aren't skilled enough to use them (Ok, ok I'm joking.:harp:).

"Well, one of the challenges of battles these days is learning how to get your team of brain dead monkeys to pull off a win against another team of better brain dead monkeys. I’m a brain dead monkey but at least I’m better than most brain dead monkeys." - generalhonks, 2020

_The_Tactition_ #2 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:00 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 24030 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Good people > good players

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

BlitzAssassin #3 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:13 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 22899 battles
  • [-CFE-]

I doubt it’s worth it. Anyways, this will be lengthy but hope it helps.

Also without sinking your boat, I imagine it’ll be hard for you to rack up a decent clan. Maybe if you have plenty friends around that also play the game. It’ll be hard at first because you don’t have the best advertising at hand. You don’t have an insane amount of battles under your belt or a ridiculous WR. That’s nothing against you, but it means there’s not much attraction for players to join your clan. 

With that in mind, you can still advertise with an appealing clan name, tag, and banner. You’ll also want to choose your audience and focus on it. From what I stated above: unicums will most likely not be drawn to your clan. That being said, I could always be wrong, but usually they’ll want better know clans with peers with similar stats. You don’t want total clowns as it will make your clan look bad right? Bad for business kinda thing. So somewhere in the middle. Once you’ve decided the type of players your looking for, you need to stick with it. You’ll need to decide what your clan can offer. Maybe you’ll want to advertise regular platooning, advice for newcomers, trying tourni’s, regular chats, whatever it may be.

But once you get a decent amount of players on board, I imagine it’ll be easier from there. The rest seems reasonably simple. You develop clan rules, and discipline whoever disobeys them. But again they can’t be too strict to seem unappealing. Simple things like respectful manner, reasonably active blah blah. If you get a rotten egg, get rid of it.

Basically just make it seem like a fun time, and people will come. Imo it’s a lot of unnecessary work but whatever floats your boat...

Edited by BlitzAssassin, 20 June 2020 - 08:19 PM.

Vantablack12 #4 Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:38 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 14919 battles
  • [K9]

View PostBlitzAssassin, on 20 June 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

Basically just make it seem like a fun time, and people will come. Imo it’s a lot of unnecessary work but whatever makes floats your boat...

That last phrase. My head hurts.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

BlitzAssassin #5 Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:21 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 22899 battles
  • [-CFE-]

View PostVantablack12, on 20 June 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

That last phrase. My head hurts.

Whoops. I was going to say “whatever makes you happy” but decided to put “whatever floats your boat”. Don’t know what was running through my head, or why I didn’t catch it. Making a fool of myself.

Morphman11 #6 Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
You don’t. 

Dado_1968 #7 Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30043 battles
  • [MOM]
Have fun with it.

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Ookla_the_Mok #8 Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:07 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28715 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Step 01: Define what "success" is for you and your future clan. 

Seriously, there is a wide range of desired outcomes for a clan and you've not outlined any expectation or goal. Wins? Size? Longevity? Cool sideburns required?

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

Also tagged with Clan, running a clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users