10 replies to this topic

RedOctopus #1 Posted 22 June 2020 - 08:55 PM

Hit by the door, on the way out.

• Players
  • 2379 battles
  • [10]

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

EPO- ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

Edited by RedOctopus, 23 June 2020 - 12:00 PM.

Absolute_Sniper #2 Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44189 battles
  • [CRUEL]
No offense but if you are posting this as an example for others to follow, it’s a terrible thing to teach someone. Especially new players. What you did was park in the open and got very lucky the reds weren’t very good or accurate. Always find hard cover or push quickly across open spaces. Never sit in the open and wiggle. The wiggle needs to happen when you know a shot is coming or if you are brawling. All you should have done was pull forward, sidescrape off the wall in front of you and farm the reds. This was a lucky result, not a how to video.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

RedOctopus #3 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:00 AM

• Players
  • 2379 battles
  • [10]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 22 June 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

No offense but if you are posting this as an example for others to follow, it’s a terrible thing to teach someone. Especially new players. What you did was park in the open and got very lucky the reds weren’t very good or accurate. Always find hard cover or push quickly across open spaces. Never sit in the open and wiggle. The wiggle needs to happen when you know a shot is coming or if you are brawling. All you should have done was pull forward, sidescrape off the wall in front of you and farm the reds. This was a lucky result, not a how to video.

EPO- Entertainment Purposes Only

BlitzAssassin #4 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:10 AM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 23764 battles
  • [-CFE-]

View PostRedOctopus, on 22 June 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

EPO- Entertainment Purposes Only

That’s not what the title infers though. He’s pointing out your title.

RedOctopus #5 Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:32 AM

• Players
  • 2379 battles
  • [10]

View PostBlitzAssassin, on 23 June 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

That’s not what the title infers though. He’s pointing out your title.

What does my title infer then?

Kiwi_Kebab #6 Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6690 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

The title is short (good for a title). The drawback to short title can be in communication. 

Wiggle to stay alive. There were other options to ensure your survival, such as finding some hard cover or trying to side scrape. The Tiger II, as you have said yourself in a post, is an easy tank to pen because it's armor is meh compared to other tier 8 heavies. It's a heavium that got its front buffed within the last 5 updates. So wiggling didn't save you as much as the incompetence of the enemy did. 

Regardless, I wouldn't heavily critize this. It's just a match without much pretence. I'm glad it all worked out for you. For future reference, hide the lower plate and angle the sides from hard cover whenever you can. This is true for all vehicles. I'm sure you're already aware of this principle. If you're reloading, and the enemy can hit your tank, you need to either move or burn the enemy down, whichever seems the easiest. 

tanker070 #7 Posted 23 June 2020 - 02:32 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 60083 battles
  • [BDSMR]

OP we been used to mastery only replays, just how it has been (maybe for views) maybe that's helpful or whatnot.

Making videos does require some time and thought in sharing ur perspective.

If this is your first merry-go-round then u will learn much by watching YOUR OWN plays than watching mastery plays. (We tend to be overly critical of ourselves)

Wiggle dance was alot of it, can confirm, carry on.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

Absolute_Sniper #8 Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44189 battles
  • [CRUEL]

OP. In no way am I trying to discourage you from making videos. Just think about who might be looking for tips and tricks to play better and realize that calling the video Wiggle to Stay alive will teach those players some really bad habits. If you’re making them for entertainment only, maybe name the video something else so viewers know it’s a funny moment or odd situation. 

Here’s an example from my early days of doing exactly what you were doing but making the title obvious as to what it is.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

RedOctopus #9 Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:59 AM

• Players
  • 2379 battles
  • [10]

I play the game for fun, I make videos for fun. Let's be honest, I would have been a lot more successful had I cowered behind a building. But I was kind of like fk this I'm going to see how long I last in the open. 

Edit: I will add a disclaimer though.

Edited by RedOctopus, 23 June 2020 - 11:59 AM.

Amblypigid #10 Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13565 battles

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 23 June 2020 - 04:17 AM, said:

OP. In no way am I trying to discourage you from making videos. Just think about who might be looking for tips and tricks to play better and realize that calling the video Wiggle to Stay alive will teach those players some really bad habits. If you’re making them for entertainment only, maybe name the video something else so viewers know it’s a funny moment or odd situation. 

Here’s an example from my early days of doing exactly what you were doing but making the title obvious as to what it is.

That replay was epic ngl I remember when that vid came out

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

tanker070 #11 Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 60083 battles
  • [BDSMR]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 22 June 2020 - 10:17 PM, said:

LOL what... u were good in waffle before waffle was mainstream!

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

Also tagged with Tiger II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users