Jump to content


152mm on KV-2 and SU-152


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

yangmang617 #1 Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:10 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2462 battles
  • 9
  • [SAD_G]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
PSA:  HE is there for a reason, please use that [edited]if you have trouble penetrating armor.

boris55555 #2 Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:38 AM

    BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

  • Players
  • 31580 battles
  • 4,463
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

View Postyangmang617, on 27 June 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

PSA:  HE is there for a reason, please use that [edited]if you have trouble penetrating armor.


a real man runs the long gun on the kv2


Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!! 
 

& thank you 
 


War_Vet_1 #3 Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:41 AM

    Major Disaster

  • Players
  • 17866 battles
  • 2,089
  • [4ROG]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

DERP!

DERP-a-licious

DERP-ity-DERP

DERP-a-holic

DERP-gasm

 

 

Damaging

Explosion

Rest in

Pieces


Edited by War_Vet_1, 28 June 2020 - 02:23 AM.


Amblypigid #4 Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:34 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13753 battles
  • 986
  • Member since:
    08-29-2017

Unfortunately the majority of the playerbase has no idea how HE shells work, nor will they since we can't get a line of text in game explaining their mechanic and basic uses. 

 

 

On the forum you are preaching to the choir.


WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

 

Jonny Applesauce


H_E_GOES_BRRRRR #5 Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:02 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 5742 battles
  • 6
  • [DEVO]
  • Member since:
    01-06-2019

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 27 June 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

Unfortunately the majority of the playerbase has no idea how HE shells work, nor will they since we can't get a line of text in game explaining their mechanic and basic uses. 

 

 

On the forum you are preaching to the choir.

This is very true, I used to simply neglect even bothering with HE, tbh I think WG could also do some good with updating the tips in the battle loading screen, like something as simple as saying "Light tanks are more prone to HE damage" which is reasonably true.



Markus_The0 #6 Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:17 AM

    Strategy and Kindness

  • Players
  • 24701 battles
  • 314
  • [KRNY_]
  • Member since:
    08-01-2016

View PostJawnyBOI110, on 28 June 2020 - 02:02 AM, said:

This is very true, I used to simply neglect even bothering with HE, tbh I think WG could also do some good with updating the tips in the battle loading screen, like something as simple as saying "Light tanks are more prone to HE damage" which is reasonably true.

Indeed, except for the good old Valentine II and Valentine Mk. IX. Using HE on those might not even do splash damage.

 

Personally, I wish they would explain how HE penetration works. Maybe they could do a video on it like they did for the recent "How to win on Normandy" topic.


It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.


tedg5 #7 Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 57634 battles
  • 5,933
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
When I’m up against a “no pen” situation I’ll use HE just to get some damage. If the guy your firing at is only half competent they’ll usually panic a little at taking damage, and relocate. The full competence guys understand what is happening and stay in thier bunker, but hey I did something. :justwait:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users