• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ShootinSabot #1 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:34 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 23430 battles
  • [III]

Hello All

For those of you who have been participating in the Quick Tournaments, I am sure you have noticed that the battles are not running as smoothly as we would hope. I am not going to turn this into a WG rant about fixing the game but a request to get some community help in gathering evidence of the issue so the WG staff has some ammo to raise the issue to higher. WG is stating that the lag we have all been experiencing during tournaments is not due to server issues. CzechCongo [¡¡¡] (a knowledgeable clan member) figures it is with the backbone provider to the servers and I believe him.

What I propose is that if your team runs into the iii Beer League group during a tournament.

1. One member of the team be designated to have Pingplotter in the background open on their device.
  2.  Type in global chat “Pingplotter w/ IGN i.e. Pingplotter ShootinSabot” and the designated ping plotter on our team will respond in kind.
  3. The 2 of you will then proceed to cap B, cause a collision, and then bounce back and forth between Pingplotter and the game to get a trace running.  The lag does seem to be worse when red tanks are in proximity to green tanks.
  4. Both Pingplotters will have the shield of invincibility up and are not allowed to be targeted during the game but they can fire with impunity.
  5. The rest of the members of both teams will carry on as if they were normal and battle in the usual fashion.

The above assumes that you are running Pingplotter on a mobile device, if you are one of those cheatin KBM players then you still have immunity but can be in game at cap b firing at everyone except your fellow plotter and ping plot simultaneously. Post match, the 2 ping plotters can get together, likely on the iii discord server, to coordinate the plots to submit to WG.

The designated plotter should probably also have a baseline non tourney plot to include with the tournament trace.

Let me know what you think and let me know if you think you may be on one of the teams that we can try this with so we know who to watch out for.

Part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

_Cletus #2 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:39 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32193 battles
  • [III-C]
Keep in mind, the iii member will be looking at pingplotter through a pair of readers while drinking warm milk before bed.  If he's slow to get to B cap it's because the tennis balls on the walkers mess up sometimes and make it hard to get around.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

David_Rish #3 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17395 battles
  • [FROZE]
Fired 10 rounds in a match yesterday and had 4 of the 10 ghost shell on me. Was face hugging so no way of a miss. No bounce nothing pure dry fire.

ShootinSabot #4 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:35 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 23430 battles
  • [III]

For those needing or wanting to know more about PingPlotter there is a pinned topic called "Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, ... demystified using PingPlotter. What is it, How to, FAQ, Q&A ..."

Part time potato 

VelociTanker #5 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16014 battles
  • [III]

View Post_Cletus, on 29 June 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Keep in mind, the iii member will be looking at pingplotter through a pair of readers while drinking warm milk before bed.  If he's slow to get to B cap it's because the tennis balls on the walkers mess up sometimes and make it hard to get around.

That's why I'm bringing a TOG.

I'll be running Pingplotter tonight but I expect nobody will agree to the above or resist shooting. My plot right now to WG

Target Name: login1.wotblitz.com
         IP: 92.223.57.38
  Date/Time: 6/29/2020 5:33:55 PM - 6/29/2020 5:43:55 PM

Hop  Sent  PL%    Min    Max    Avg  Host Name / [IP]
  1   244    0   0.28   7.08   0.62  "my router"
  2   244    0  22.76  35.89  27.24  login1.wotblitz.com [92.223.57.38]

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills  / 
T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov replay on Mines

5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

Rage_Personified #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36192 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Game is running smoothly if you’re on your 4th or 5th bottle of vodka. I see no issues.

_The_Tactition_ #7 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:00 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 25737 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Tournaments need to be fixed ASAP. Seemingly at random moments, crippling lag strikes one or both teams,  asking ghost shots, flying tanks, tanks go through each other, and tank slides common. It’s unplayable. This needs to be fixed before ascent. It’s impossible to focus fire and rotate effectively when everything is skipping and not responding. This has been happening for a week now. Multiple complaints have been raised. Please roll out a maintenance patch. If this screws a team in ascent, it’s shameful.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Kiwi_Kebab #8 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6699 battles
  • [ENDDZ]
Agreed! How aware are the devs? Do they know how to solve the issue?

_The_Tactition_ #9 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 25737 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I made a topic on it but it was taken down. Clearly don’t want to discuss the issue

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

ShootinSabot #10 Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:28 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 23430 battles
  • [III]
Giving this a totally undeserved gratuitous bump in the hope we run into someone during tonight’s Quick Tournament. 

Part time potato 

Absolute_Sniper #11 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44861 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostShootinSabot, on 01 July 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

Giving this a totally undeserved gratuitous bump in the hope we run into someone during tonight’s Quick Tournament. 

Have you guys tracked anything yet? Any conclusions?

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Also tagged with Lag, Tournaments

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users