Jump to content


My Oversimplified Take on Equipment


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Dan_Deerso #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:02 AM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 28283 battles
  • 4,040
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

Well, here it is. In picture form. Have fun.

 

 

 



waga100 #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:21 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 5 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    05-09-2012

Very good overview I'd say

only thing is I'd say always always pick vert stabs. It means your aiming circle is 15% smaller at all times unles your fully aimed, which you very rarely are. And when you are unless its a derp gun its rare that your actual dispersion value will end up being relevant.


I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there


Kiwi_Kebab #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:23 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6594 battles
  • 1,256
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014
I like it! People may have different opinions on equipment usage, but I don't think any of this is unfair.

How did you decide on the numbers for rammer vs CS?

Meat_Locker #4 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:31 AM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 48596 battles
  • 1,643
  • [TOES]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
Legend. Thanks!


 


Dan_Deerso #5 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:43 AM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 28283 battles
  • 4,040
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

View PostKiwi_Kebab, on 29 June 2020 - 10:23 PM, said:

I like it! People may have different opinions on equipment usage, but I don't think any of this is unfair.

How did you decide on the numbers for rammer vs CS?

 

Linear scale loosely based on the typical pen of the tier and type.



boris55555 #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:00 AM

    BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

  • Players
  • 29113 battles
  • 3,904
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016
Thank you
MISSILES CONTINUE TO BE TOXIC AND ******
 
& thanks for ruining two interesting tanks.

 

 

 


Morphman_ #7 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:50 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35016 battles
  • 3,088
  • [2WEAK]
  • Member since:
    08-15-2014
Or randomly flip a coin. WG loves diversity.

 

I own every tier X except the brand new ones because I’m too lazy to spend my free exp.

Flame War veteran. Thank me for my service.

 


War_Vet_1 #8 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:11 AM

    Major Disaster

  • Players
  • 17013 battles
  • 1,856
  • [4ROG]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Nice work. +1

rosgrim #9 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:12 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 90001 battles
  • 460
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

Good job and very useful.

 

However I should say something regarding the "Camo net" on light tank.

I wouldn't agree for many of the light tanks.

 

Spot with the highest visibility you got, if possible take an opportunity shot then relocate. Repeat.

 

 



Kiwi_Kebab #10 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:39 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6594 battles
  • 1,256
  • [ENDDZ]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

View Postrosgrim, on 29 June 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

Good job and very useful.

 

However I should say something regarding the "Camo net" on light tank.

I wouldn't agree for many of the light tanks.

 

Spot with the highest visibility you got, if possible take an opportunity shot then relocate. Repeat.

It says "vulture lights", which is just a light that is using high concealment to make shots without being spotted. They wouldn't spot targets, just do damage. In that way they are vultures that pick off targets that are busy with other allies.



DeathInTanks #11 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:52 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10555 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015
Would you say it is bad to stack Vstab and Gun laying drive? I play slow tanks most of the time but even then I am constantly moving my turret whether it is to bounce shots or aim at something else and so I always value faster aim time as opposed to dispersion. I never use supercharge since on all of my tanks I take gun rammer (or cs) and unlock the other stuff if I like the tank since it costs a fair amount of credits and I always want a healthy supply, and I unlock the second and third tiers based on me liking the tank (or being sick of the grind). Also, should I not take high end consumables, most of my tanks that I like enough for tier 3 often are derp guns and I find that I usually use it to quicken my reload and often shoot right away and it gets more use vs a fast firing tank when I use Consumable Delivery System since I find I only get off a couple of shots before an enemy notices and reacts to me being there where I then take cover and a good portion of the use life of the adrenaline is wasted and by the time the enemy has closed with me my adrenaline has not recharged (yes I know it helps the recharge of the repair stuff and whatnot but I take adrenaline, repair kit, and multipurpose restoration kit, so if both are gone and not almost recharged then I am having an exceptionally bad day, and I find I rarely need but don't have one, and when I do it is never a game changing thing).
Remember what the general said. We're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive early; in the nick of time would do nicely.

IronBehemoth #12 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10824 battles
  • 459
  • [-INQ-]
  • Member since:
    01-17-2015
I always use the 30% longer consumables for tanks like the e5 because i want the speed boost to last as long as possible when getting into position. Same goes for adrenaline. If im in a 1v1 I want my adrenaline lasting 30% longer. Shorter cooldown doesnt matter when the fight will be over by then anyways.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 30 June 2020 - 05:22 AM.


Chiefmac #13 Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:03 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 53195 battles
  • 500
  • [ROTI]
  • Member since:
    04-02-2014
This is terrific stuff ! Thanks for sharing ! 

otirruborez #14 Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:23 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1562 battles
  • 147
  • Member since:
    05-01-2020

doesn't enhanced armor add 4% thickness to armor? that is very significant and is the difference between being penned or not. tiger 2 gold against a t34 mantlet will go right through. with 4% thickness it now does not. that makes it go from 279 to 290 and that is just flat armor. numbers are higher on sloped armor. should be used on all tanks that have armor. even 1 bounce is worth more hp than multiple of the other option.

 

if you're saying it only adds 5mm to armor after all calculations i would like to know how you came to that conclusion. that does not sound right at all. it clearly states 4% to armor.

 

you would have to survive with like 100hp to make the other option worth anything.

 

we can do a quick test in a practice battle to see how it works if anyone wants to. i would like to know if it's a useless trait as i use it on pretty much every tank.

 

 


Edited by otirruborez, 30 June 2020 - 07:42 AM.


bob_000 #15 Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:17 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17346 battles
  • 476
  • [SYKO-]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2015

View PostIronBehemoth, on 30 June 2020 - 12:22 AM, said:

I always use the 30% longer consumables for tanks like the e5 because i want the speed boost to last as long as possible when getting into position. Same goes for adrenaline. If im in a 1v1 I want my adrenaline lasting 30% longer. Shorter cooldown doesnt matter when the fight will be over by then anyways.

 

This is the general dilemma I have whenever deciding between the longer use or the shorter cooldown. For me, there are situations where I absolutely need my consumables to be up since I run adrenaline, engine boost and multi-purpose kit. Since I don't run small repair kit, whenever I get tracked in a bad spot or lose a crew member, its MUCH better for me to have a quicker cooldown for the multi-repair kit. In general, I think cooldown is the way to go since you'll get more usages out of your consumables. Even if I'm in a brawl, the 30% longer use only adds 3-4 seconds of adrenaline time, which isn't going to completely change the outcome of a brawl unless you're at the endgame and you have low HP. Also, extra duration only applies itself to consumables that have an active duration time like adrenaline or engine boost. The shorter cooldown affects all consumables, including repair kits, engine boosts, and adrenaline. 



bob_000 #16 Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:32 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17346 battles
  • 476
  • [SYKO-]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2015
Regarding the Rammer vs CS numbers ... I'd strongly recommend running CS for most higher tiered lights and meds (tier 9-10) simply because the penetration cut off you're recommending (221 med pen for tier 9, 245 med pen for tier 10) isn't sufficient when dealing with tier 10 tanks (specifically heavies). DPM is pointless if you don't have the penetration to deal with tier 10s, Guaranteeing penetrations is absolutely essential for success. Take for example, the Leo PTA. It has 255 mm of pen on its standard rounds. This is above the 221 cut off mark, however running CS is the way to go. You're not losing that much DPM (200 ish) and you're gaining a boost to the penetration of your HEAT rounds (which is the premium ammo for most Tier 9 meds). The extra boost that CS gives to HEAT means the difference between penning a heavy from the front and not being able to. 


RonaldusMaximus_ #17 Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:58 AM

    Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

  • Players
  • 14208 battles
  • 3,564
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

This is so beautiful I almost cried. :honoring:

 

Thank you Dan!


 


Schantzy #18 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:04 PM

    TWSS

  • Players
  • 18578 battles
  • 234
  • [802VT]
  • Member since:
    05-20-2015
Pin it please!!!

Barny227 #19 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:48 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37097 battles
  • 706
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View PostDeathInTanks, on 30 June 2020 - 04:52 AM, said:

Would you say it is bad to stack Vstab and Gun laying drive? I play slow tanks most of the time but even then I am constantly moving my turret whether it is to bounce shots or aim at something else and so I always value faster aim time as opposed to dispersion. I never use supercharge since on all of my tanks I take gun rammer (or cs) and unlock the other stuff if I like the tank since it costs a fair amount of credits and I always want a healthy supply, and I unlock the second and third tiers based on me liking the tank (or being sick of the grind). Also, should I not take high end consumables, most of my tanks that I like enough for tier 3 often are derp guns and I find that I usually use it to quicken my reload and often shoot right away and it gets more use vs a fast firing tank when I use Consumable Delivery System since I find I only get off a couple of shots before an enemy notices and reacts to me being there where I then take cover and a good portion of the use life of the adrenaline is wasted and by the time the enemy has closed with me my adrenaline has not recharged (yes I know it helps the recharge of the repair stuff and whatnot but I take adrenaline, repair kit, and multipurpose restoration kit, so if both are gone and not almost recharged then I am having an exceptionally bad day, and I find I rarely need but don't have one, and when I do it is never a game changing thing).


​On some tanks it is a good practice to stack GLD and vertical stabilizer (mainly Russian heavies).  A player must remember that GLD only starts working after the tank has stopped moving and is sitting stationary.
 



Barny227 #20 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:51 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37097 battles
  • 706
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

Thank you Dan for posting this!

I am a little surprised about supercharged. I run it on most of my tanks except for a couple of heavies.  Looks like I will need to play with equipment again.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users