Clan help/advice wanted, Thanks in advance!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

1FREEDOM_FIGHTER_1776 #1 Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16971 battles
  • [XWING]
Heyo fellow fourmers! i know most of you don't know me, but I lurk these parts a lot, and y'all are amazing. Many of you do know the rebel alliance clan family, we have been around forever. Recently, a lot of our members from our top clan [XWING] where semi pouched/left (I dont have any beef with them if they are reading this, still love you guys) I was wondering if there are any people here willing to help us out. Either by training sessions, Temp joining, or just any general advice you can give for recruiting, and rebuilding a comp team. Thanks for your time gents!

Edit: for reference our other 3 clans [AWING] [BWING] [YWING] all run tournaments 3 times a week at tier 6,8,8. but its just the top clan thats the problem

Happy 4th! o7

-FREEDOM (TexasFTW)

Edited by 1FREEDOM_FIGHTER_1776, 04 July 2020 - 03:07 AM.

Mr_2wertyxsad #2 Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4416 battles
  • [TOES]

Something I've seen time and again is a slump in the clan.  A clan goes strong, players are active and happy, things are fun.  Then things get boring, the clan begins to stagnate.  Players get bored of the routine being the same, which makes many unhappy with what the clans have to offer, and they leave for what they perceive as greener pastures.  This cycle goes round and around, and effects different clans at different stages of their development.  

You could try having monthly or weekly comps within your clan for various things.  Most damage blocked in a scrim, most damage delt in a scrim, highest number of kills in a scrim.  I once had the very pleasurable experience of setting up a training sesh for World Of Hurt clan, where I showcased sidescrape technique, hulldown technique, and position holding.  Following that boring stuff they put those skills to the test by playing "scripted" battles, where certain players went to VERY specific places and reinforced the skills they were taught.  If you make and keep your clan active and friendly, you will attract players looking for a place to settle.  I was in a dead clan, then SASK2 (very friendly guys), then DOOW (A branch off of SASK2), and finally settled into TOES.  Where I will go in the future, I am unsure.  But The things I look for in a clan are:
1). Active
2). Friendly members to toon with
3). A comp scene for when I have a free evening and feel brave. 
As long as you provide those, your clan should be appealing to people.

Now, as for recruiting, I have to say you have a solid marketing piece.  Given you are Star Wars themed, it means you have access to the many graphics and concept artworks that make that series fun to look at.  I would say try using those graphics with overlays of your clans, your mission statement, and your intent on providing a good environment to strengthen skills and sharpen them.  (If you would like, I could make a simple example and DM it to you so you understand what I mean.)

Overall, I think due to the age and record of your clan you would have no problem finding people who respect your clan and would not hesitate to step in and assist in any way that they could.

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

1FREEDOM_FIGHTER_1776 #3 Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16971 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostMr_2wertyxsad, on 04 July 2020 - 02:25 AM, said:

Something I've seen time and again is a slump in the clan.  A clan goes strong, players are active and happy, things are fun.  Then things get boring, the clan begins to stagnate.  Players get bored of the routine being the same, which makes many unhappy with what the clans have to offer, and they leave for what they perceive as greener pastures.  This cycle goes round and around, and effects different clans at different stages of their development.  

You could try having monthly or weekly comps within your clan for various things.  Most damage blocked in a scrim, most damage delt in a scrim, highest number of kills in a scrim.  I once had the very pleasurable experience of setting up a training sesh for World Of Hurt clan, where I showcased sidescrape technique, hulldown technique, and position holding.  Following that boring stuff they put those skills to the test by playing "scripted" battles, where certain players went to VERY specific places and reinforced the skills they were taught.  If you make and keep your clan active and friendly, you will attract players looking for a place to settle.  I was in a dead clan, then SASK2 (very friendly guys), then DOOW (A branch off of SASK2), and finally settled into TOES.  Where I will go in the future, I am unsure.  But The things I look for in a clan are:
1). Active
2). Friendly members to toon with
3). A comp scene for when I have a free evening and feel brave. 
As long as you provide those, your clan should be appealing to people.

Now, as for recruiting, I have to say you have a solid marketing piece.  Given you are Star Wars themed, it means you have access to the many graphics and concept artworks that make that series fun to look at.  I would say try using those graphics with overlays of your clans, your mission statement, and your intent on providing a good environment to strengthen skills and sharpen them.  (If you would like, I could make a simple example and DM it to you so you understand what I mean.)

Overall, I think due to the age and record of your clan you would have no problem finding people who respect your clan and would not hesitate to step in and assist in any way that they could.

TY! an example would be much appreciated!

Morphman_ #4 Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37376 battles
  • [WEAK]
No one wants to continue to lose tournaments.

#1 Hated Target of the Censorship Bureau

They hate my good hygiene

And despise the vocal stylings of David Lee Roth

_Tactician #5 Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 28976 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostMorphman_, on 04 July 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

No one wants to continue to lose tournaments.

Dam

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

_Tactician #6 Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:20 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 28976 battles
  • [CRUEL]
In CRUEL we do many things to keep things interesting. It’s helpful that we have a solid leadership structure in place. We do many clan scrims, mixed clan quick tournaments, make our own tournaments for clan and friends. We mess around for fellowship and sometimes money. We are doing Galaxy at War, a super fun Star Wars themed clan wars type event. Things like this help keep our clan fun, diverse, and enhancing for all of us. I suggest to try to do some clan events to keep things interesting.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Mr_2wertyxsad #7 Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4416 battles
  • [TOES]

View Post1FREEDOM_FIGHTER_1776, on 03 July 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

TY! an example would be much appreciated!

Do you have an Email or a Discord I could send the image to?

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users