Leopard t5 tips

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Rogue_Hawk #1 Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:26 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4571 battles
  • [MAD50]

Greetings on a previous forum I posted, I saw 2 tank lines that really stood out to me , the E 100 and E 50 M. The only problem I have with grinding up the lines is that I'm not that great with light tanks let alone the clip.

Im just asking advice for certain maps, what equipment to use and the play style.

Edited by Rogue_Hawk, 11 July 2020 - 10:27 PM.

waga100 #2 Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

the Leo is all about picking your fights. It will rip any lightly armoured tank to absolute shreds. Something like a crusader is just food. but a kv1 or t1 heavy? forget it unless you can drive directly behind them you just will not be able to do a thing about it.

So use your mobility to only choose fights you'll do well in and with 300 damage in the clip it will add up really quickly

I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there

Mr_2wertyxsad #3 Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3719 battles
  • [TOES]

The Leo 16 is all about speed, dump, and reload while running like a headless chicken.  Any time you attack, make it a strafing run.  You zip by, dump 300 damage, and then peel away to make a lap around a building while you reload.  Avoid fire lanes and heavier targets, load APCR against them if you are forced to engage, and always get to the rear of ANY tank with the Heavy symbol.  That alone will make your life simpler.

As a rule you want to never brawl if you can help it.  In T6 you will be torn to shreds if you try to go toe to toe with anything tougher than a stock AMX 12t.

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

Markus_The0 #4 Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 25743 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View Postwaga100, on 11 July 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

the Leo is all about picking your fights. It will rip any lightly armoured tank to absolute shreds. Something like a crusader is just food. but a kv1 or t1 heavy? forget it unless you can drive directly behind them you just will not be able to do a thing about it.

So use your mobility to only choose fights you'll do well in and with 300 damage in the clip it will add up really quickly

I respectfully disagree. With APCR, you can reliably pen the sides of a KV-1, T1 Heavy, or BDR G1 B if you are not at too much of an angle when you're shooting. I recently re-purchased my Leo and found that it really does need a good supply of APCR in order to get the most out of it. I found that if I made sure that my APCR shots actually did damage, I didn't lost credits badly and sometimes made credits. Well placed use of premium ammo is quite effective in the Leo and doesn't break the bank, thankfully. :) In general, I really agree with waga100, here though, that the Leo is most effective when you can shoot at more lightly armored tanks (or more lightly armored spots on tough tanks, like shooting the side of a Pz. IV G as opposed to his front). Because, naturally, when all your shells can penetrate, you do the most damage per clip :)

In terms of choosing which tanks to go for, I recommend choosing targets that are distracted. I pretty much never stop to shoot at a tank that's looking at me. This is because I can simply wait until he's distracted and then dump my clip into a soft part of his tank, while taking little to no damage from the reds in return.

The one other thing you'll find very helpful is to reset your camo. Once you are spotted by the reds and that little light bulb goes off, you stay visible, after you dive into cover and can't directly be seen, for another approximately 10 seconds. So after you dump your clip and have gotten out of the line of sight of the reds, stop in a safe spot, watch the clock at the top of the screen, and wait for ten seconds (your clip reload is about this long anyway, so it should be too annoying to do this). Once you've done this, you're no longer spotted by the reds and you can go into the fray from a new direction for another unexpected, unseen-until-it's-too-late attack :)

With some practice, you can get really creative and have a lot of fun controlling when you disappear and re-appear for the reds. :bush:

Good luck!! :)

Edited by Markus_The0, 12 July 2020 - 09:19 PM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

generalhonks #5 Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8788 battles
  • [HOUSE]
It's got kinda the boom and zoom kind of style to it. The reload is long but the burst is great. You want to flank, get those side shots, then get the hell out of there as soon as you can before the reds can fire back. This inspires me to take my Leo back out again.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

Hye_yeon_Cho #6 Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles

If there are only a few fast tanks, and the team is made mostly up of heavies and TDS, follow the heavies, but stay behind them for cover. Then find out where the heavies are, and go to the side and get behind them, burst 300 damage - and run away, get unspotted, repeat. The lights can be dealt with in the middle, rip them apart in two or three clips.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users