Upon 7.1's arrival, 5.5's legacy is destroyed!!

5.5 7.1 retconning 5.5 low tier tanks alpha damage dpm pea-shooter morning has dawned hope is now here

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Markus_The0 #1 Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

Let's be honest. Lots of us are still suffering digital PTSD from what happened in update 5.5. Our old low tier friends, the tanks that had been with us since the beginning of our blitz journeys--the tanks that made us fall in love with blitz--we saw them be removed from the tech trees and then hit so hard with the nerf bat they were mangled beyond all recognition. The first tank I ever aced, the UC 2-pdr lost its unique alpha damage; the tank that first made me fall in love with light tanks, the Luchs, was given the traverse speed of a heavy tank--we all had tanks like this, tanks we loved that were nerfed so badly that we thought they'd never be the same. I, for one, lost most of my hope that we'd ever be able to happily play these tanks again. If this has been you too, friend, let me share with you something that will undoubtedly make you smile.

This night of 5.5's repercussions was long, but the sun has silently been circling the world of Blitz, preparing to rise. Someone, somewhere, deep in War Gaming heard our posts and our voices and had compassion, because every few updates (over the last 17), silently, often times not even listed in the in-game news, updates to low tier vehicles kept coming. A low-tier DPM and dispersion buff here in update 5.7, and a Valentine II engine power buff there in 5.8. Update 5.9 brought low tier tech tree vehicles alpha damage buffs, and a few more received buffs in 5.10. Penetration and alpha damage were increased for low tiers in 6.0. Update 6.2 arrived with premium ammo alpha damage buffs for low tier collector tanks. 6.4 made tanks more mobile and gave better dispersion to numerous tanks. 6.5 featured a tier IV tank price increase (making new players practice a bit more before getting to tier IV). Armor buffs came in 6.6 for the previously-nerfed Hetzer and SU-85B, plus penetration buffs across quite a few low-tier tanks. Tiny detailed changes came in 6.7; they finally gave the BT-7 spaced armor over it's gun mantlet and weakened the M5 Stuart's armor so that it's better suited to tier III. The SAu 40 starred as the lone low-tier tank to get buffed in 6.8. Tier V got some love in 6.10 in order to help balance out the heavy tank buffs. Update 7.0 featured an OCD-level-of-caring-attention-to-detail change for the Lago. And finally, in update 7.1, we got 30% DPM increases across the board for nearly every tier 1-4, along with mild hp buffs to most tanks between tier 1-4 and some tier 5's.

The legacy of 5.5 was one of neutering tanks by giving them pea-shooter damage, barely enough DPM to kill the enemy team in seven minutes, and suppressing and decreasing everything that made individual tanks special. Slowly, thanks to our pleas and petitions and the tireless work of some kind soul(s) on the Blitz balancing team, the legacy of 5.5 has been being torn apart, piece by piece, silently, in the details of update after update. Finally, with the advent of 7.1, this night has finally come to an end, and hope has dawned! :teethhappy:

In total (in summary of the last 17 updates) upon the arrival of 7.1:

Many tanks now have as much DPM, and some even have more DPM, than they ever did before update 5.5. :B

(Some examples include the former tech-tree Japanese Ke-Ni, the A-32, the T6E1 Mini-Sherman, and others)

Almost all tanks have as much, if not more ALPHA DAMAGE than they did before update 5.5.

This is true across the board. You might think, "well, that was only fitting to keep up with the hp and armor buffs they given various low tier vehicles over the years." You would be correct. Things do seem pretty nicely balanced now. Just like at any tier, we'll probably find a few stinkers that just aren't super effective without some future buffs, but that's to be expected.

Every tank, once again, has something special about it.

Gone are the nightmarish, shooting-a-spitball-every-15-seconds kind of low tier tanks that all played the same. Those nightmares do not exist anymore. If you look with an attitude to find what's fun and unique, you'll find that the low tier tanks, just like in the higher tier tanks of this game, offer individual experiences for you to explore.

The low tiers (I-IV and even some of V) are a whole new world now.

So much has changed for the low tiers. I, for one, have decided to go explore this new world of low tier tech tree, collector, and premium tanks. I encourage you to try it out, too! You can request tanks to be restored to your garage using a tool in the player support section, and you can now ask for an unlimited number of tanks back per year! We basically get to explore a new tech-tree's worth of unique and lethal (no longer neutered!) tanks. There is so much fun to be had and new favorites to find!

Here are a few highlights of tanks I'm gonna go get my hands on first thing! 

• Tier 3 tank destroyers now have 180 alpha damage with AP on their 75mm guns. Hello SU-76, SU-76i, and Marder II!
  • The tier 4 Covenanter now has 220 alpha damage per clip, and the tier 3 Pz. II G now has 180 alpha per clip.
  • The tier 4 Japanese Ke-Ho light tank is going to be a lot like a Leopard 1 at tier 4, with an accurate gun for its tier, more dpm than ever before, zero armor, and tons of speed :)
  • Some tier 5 tanks now do more module damage with HE :trollface:
  • The T67 American TD now has 165 alpha instead of 135 damage with its standard AP rounds (hello, lovely buff!)
  • Quite a few tier 5 tanks are getting extra hp so tier 5 v. 6 will finally feel comfortable again.
  • And my personal favorite... tier 2 tank destroyers have their original alpha or better! Hello my old friend UC 2-pdr!

I welcome your thoughts, and please use this thread to share with us all the tanks you find that are fun once 7.1 hits tomorrow! :teethhappy:

Edited by Markus_The0, 15 July 2020 - 01:36 AM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

Geewizz3 #2 Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22094 battles
  • [FAST7]
I was really trying to read this but it was so long I dozed off. Can you bottom line this for me please?

YES to +1,-1 MM. The game is more fun with PMM on every tank.

High tiered tanks, E100,IS4,E-75,ST-1 and T-54.

Markus_The0 #3 Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostGeewizz3, on 14 July 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

I was really trying to read this but it was so long I dozed off. Can you bottom line this for me please?

Sure, I get that if you're not passionate about 5.5, I can see how you would want a summary. Basically, in update 7.1 the low tiers are going to be nothing like they have been since update 5.5. The low tiers will totally be worth exploring! If you had any low tier collector tanks that you sold previously, you can get them back in exchange for the gold you got when you sold them originally. Just go to the player support section of blitz, to this page: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/25202/ and click the link that says "submit a VRT ticket."

Put simply, update 7.1 makes low tier play more fun! :)

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

Gitgudm9 #4 Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15286 battles
  • [MAHOU]
The buffs are nice, but until they restore low tiers back to the way they were with all the variety and brokenness it won't be the same :(

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

Gavidoc01 #5 Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:58 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48233 battles
  • [III]

View PostGeewizz3, on 14 July 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

stop being lazy snowflake. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Markus_The0 #6 Posted 14 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostGitgudm9, on 14 July 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

The buffs are nice, but until they restore low tiers back to the way they were with all the variety and brokenness it won't be the same :(

That's just it. Lots of variety has already been restored! The tier 4 Covenanter never had 220 alpha before, it had 180 alpha damage in its heyday. And in terms of getting back some strong tanks, check out the tier 3 TD's with 180 alpha on a 75mm gun! That's pretty cool! Some new strong tanks have been shaping up at low tiers!

boris55555 #7 Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:07 AM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 30276 battles
  • [MINC]
They’re just getting ready for the release of the tier 3 premium m5 Stuart Missile tank.M5A

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

oicram1 #8 Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:15 AM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 44080 battles
  • [DEF_4]
I will only be excited when the A-20 is back to it's original form.

"Yo no estudio para saber más, sino para ignorar menos.” 
"I do not study to know more, but to ignore less."
                Sor Juana Inés De la Cruz

Nathanronco #9 Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:22 AM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17350 battles
  • [1STUS]

View Postboris55555, on 15 July 2020 - 12:07 AM, said:

They’re just getting ready for the release of the tier 3 premium m5 Stuart Missile tank.M5A

*PTSD flashbacks of T49 A ensure*

" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag." - Joseph Stalin, 1944 Soviet Russia

Premium Vehicles in Garage: T34, M6A2E1 EXP, Löwe, IS-5, T-34-3, Tiger 131, SU-100Y, TOG II*, Pz. V/IV, T-25, Churchill III

Collector Vehicles in Garage: Gravedigger, Thunder, Pz. Sfl. IVc, Scavenger, Valentine II, Valentine Mark IX, AMX 40, T82, T18

Tier X Vehicles in Garage: Sheridan, M48 Patton, Jagdpanzer E 100, Grille 15, IS-7, FV215b 183, FV4005, Ho-Ri

Markus_The0 #10 Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:59 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View Postboris55555, on 14 July 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

LOL! Let's hope not ;)

Markus_The0 #11 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:02 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View Postoicram1, on 14 July 2020 - 07:15 PM, said:

I will only be excited when the A-20 is back to it's original form.

Well if you miss that 240 alpha damage, check out the 7.1 Covenanter's 220 alpha in the meantime!:great:

tankist22 #12 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51259 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Postboris55555, on 14 July 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

I think there's an egg launcher in the queue.

TonnerreCadien #13 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:08 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47335 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postboris55555, on 14 July 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

This beauty of a comment is not getting the attention it deserves.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

RonaldusMaximus_ #14 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:14 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 15577 battles
  • [III-C]
I loved this post! Thank you! 

Markus_The0 #15 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:27 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 14 July 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

I loved this post! Thank you! 

My pleasure :)

Texas_Tyrant #16 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:48 AM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 11776 battles
  • [UTC]

Tanks Ill be getting back:

• T-46 its about time it gets buffed. The dam thing was useless with 500 dpm. Now with 900 dpm it will be much better.
  • T 28 mod 1940 is getting hp and 20 alpha buff. Nice
  • Su 76 is gonna be awesome with 180 alpha! I pray no nerf comes afterwards
  • AT 1 going from 60 to 90 alpha with a 200 dpm buff. Finally
  • T1E6 wich is getting a 100 dpm duff and burst damage of 100

Thank you WG for the buffs!

I grew up on the T-46 and it makes me excited to see it come back to life. I enjoyed it very much then; I'll still miss the derp gun on it but this is still better than nothing and hardens me to see it getting attention.

One question, whats going on with the old tier 1's? They look to me as if they're going to be sold as a tier 2 or 3 premium....I say tier 2 or 3 because of the really high dpm buff on some of them.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Chiefmac #17 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 54941 battles
  • [ROTI]
Great post. Now about the 3.H8. Would be AWESOME to be able to sell equip for credits again. No use for it after a tank is sold. 

GentleNova #18 Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29140 battles
  • [SRT_]
What about the pen of Tier 4 tanks against Tier 5 tanks? Was this ever fixed in a previous update? I remember playing some of my Tier 4 tank lines & nations against some of the heavier armoured Tier 5 tanks and some of my Tier 4 tanks couldn’t even pen the side or rear of them.

Markus_The0 #19 Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 14 July 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Tanks Ill be getting back:

• T-46 its about time it gets buffed. The dam thing was useless with 500 dpm. Now with 900 dpm it will be much better.
  • T 28 mod 1940 is getting hp and 20 alpha buff. Nice
  • Su 76 is gonna be awesome with 180 alpha! I pray no nerf comes afterwards
  • AT 1 going from 60 to 90 alpha with a 200 dpm buff. Finally
  • T1E6 wich is getting a 100 dpm duff and burst damage of 100

Thank you WG for the buffs!

I grew up on the T-46 and it makes me excited to see it come back to life. I enjoyed it very much then; I'll still miss the derp gun on it but this is still better than nothing and hardens me to see it getting attention.

One question, whats going on with the old tier 1's? They look to me as if they're going to be sold as a tier 2 or 3 premium....I say tier 2 or 3 because of the really high dpm buff on some of them.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

Cool, thanks for sharing your list so far! :)

Regarding our old tier 1's, I've seen them buffed plenty of times over the last 17 updates, often alongside when other low tier tanks got buffed. We have no official news about them, but I'm with you, I think they've been keeping them relevant to the current meta for a reason. Just what that reason is, only time will tell! Maybe an event or something! My dear little FT taught me to love auto-loaders, and I would love to be able to play it again :)

Markus_The0 #20 Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:59 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostChiefmac, on 14 July 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

Great post. Now about the 3.H8. Would be AWESOME to be able to sell equip for credits again. No use for it after a tank is sold. 

Thanks! Yeah, I've literally never thought about the concept of selling equipment before, that would be really sweet! Maybe all the equipment slots could lock again when you sell a tank and you could get all the credits back? Man selling a tier 8 would net you like a million credits! lol :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users