Upon 7.1's arrival, 5.5's legacy is destroyed!!

5.5 7.1 retconning 5.5 low tier tanks alpha damage dpm pea-shooter morning has dawned hope is now here

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

_Cletus #81 Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:14 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31045 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostDoilky, on 29 July 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

I never saw the issue with seal clubbing.  I started the game as a seal and got clubbed.  I remember the first time I got deleted by a T7 Car, and the first time I was whole health derped by a PZ4.  I just knew I wanted to be as good as those guys, and didn't know what seal clubbing was. 

When 5.5 hit, it was just as I was just becoming a decent player and moving out of the lower tiers, it probably gave me a bit of a push, but I was headed up the tree anyhow. 

Everyone is different from everyone else.  It wouldn't be entirely wrong to say that steel sharpens iron, noobs should learn from clubbers, but it's gotta be disheartening to have your team decimated by a keni otsu toon or to get derped out of existence before you know what anyone means by derp or how to seek cover.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Doilky #82 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:16 PM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20083 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Post_Cletus, on 29 July 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

Everyone is different from everyone else.  It wouldn't be entirely wrong to say that steel sharpens iron, noobs should learn from clubbers, but it's gotta be disheartening to have your team decimated by a keni otsu toon or to get derped out of existence before you know what anyone means by derp or how to seek cover.

It took a long time for me to care about win rate. Until I started caring, losing didn't really matter to me. The most disheartening thing I remember was playing the M3Lee and the AMX40.

But I get it, there are a lot of folk who quit when things are hard. So they turned low tiers into milque toast to help keep nubs.

That said, I don't see how 5.5 helped keep them around. Nubs just rushed to higher tiers and had even less of a chance to learn anything about game mechanics before getting deleted by more experienced players in OP tanks.

I guess the difference is that after 5.5 the nubs have dropped a few bucks on premium tanks before they rage quit. 

Edited by Doilky, 29 July 2020 - 08:20 PM.

_Cletus #83 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:26 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31045 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostDoilky, on 29 July 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

It took a long time for me to care about win rate. Until I started caring, losing didn't really matter to me. The most disheartening thing I remember was playing the M3Lee and the AMX40.

But I get it, there are a lot of folk who quit when things are hard. So they turned low tiers into milque toast to help keep nubs.

That said, I don't see how 5.5 helped keep them around. Nubs just rushed to higher tiers and had even less of a chance to learn anything about game mechanics before getting deleted by more experienced players in OP tanks. 

5.5 got the clubbers out of the low tiers.  Unskilled players have always rushed tiers, but 5.5 certainly didn't help in that regard.  7.1 should make the lower tiers more fun for our nubs, encouraging them to stay there while they learn.  The point I'm trying to make is that if everybody just starts seal clubbing again we're back to square one.  I don't think 7.1 was done so that players with 20K battles at a 60% WR would start playing low tiers again, it was done to keep new players down there, where they belong, while they are learning.  If our high end players just start clubbing again the entire exercise was useless.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

wrecker1968 #84 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:59 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 53409 battles
  • [HOUSE]

5.5 is and will be in FULL EFFECT. 

7.1 is like Compared to the 1st grill buff after they nerf slaughterd it.

It did absolutely nothing and was all for show.

New players that want to go up to tier 10, will still be able to.(cash) With no skill. And the current player base will not change.

I predict we will see more AFK and Yolo suicides, From players that are just plain fed up.

Nathanronco #85 Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:03 PM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17345 battles
  • [1STUS]

View Postwrecker1968, on 29 July 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

5.5 is and will be in FULL EFFECT. 

7.1 is like Compared to the 1st grill buff after they nerf slaughterd it.

It did absolutely nothing and was all for show.

New players that want to go up to tier 10, will still be able to.(cash) With no skill. And the current player base will not change.

I predict we will see more AFK and Yolo suicides, From players that are just plain fed up.

While it doesn't make low tiers fun, it certainly makes them tolerable. Tanks that were devastatingly nerfed have now been buffed to the point where they are balanced. The Pz. III finally has some competition; in my eyes, a good update. 

" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag." - Joseph Stalin, 1944 Soviet Russia

Premium Vehicles in Garage: T34, M6A2E1 EXP, Löwe, IS-5, T-34-3, Tiger 131, SU-100Y, TOG II*, Pz. V/IV, T-25, Churchill III

Collector Vehicles in Garage: Gravedigger, Thunder, Pz. Sfl. IVc, Scavenger, Valentine II, Valentine Mark IX, AMX 40, T82, T18

Tier X Vehicles in Garage: Sheridan, M48 Patton, Jagdpanzer E 100, Grille 15, IS-7, FV215b 183, FV4005, Ho-Ri

cheasesteak #86 Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 22902 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Post_Cletus, on 29 July 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

5.5 got the clubbers out of the low tiers.  Unskilled players have always rushed tiers, but 5.5 certainly didn't help in that regard.  7.1 should make the lower tiers more fun for our nubs, encouraging them to stay there while they learn.  The point I'm trying to make is that if everybody just starts seal clubbing again we're back to square one.  I don't think 7.1 was done so that players with 20K battles at a 60% WR would start playing low tiers again, it was done to keep new players down there, where they belong, while they are learning.  If our high end players just start clubbing again the entire exercise was useless.

I get what you are saying, and I don’t think I have played more than a dozen games at 1-4 since 5.5 happened ... BUT, every time I see a bunch of “we must protect the noooooobs!” post, I really, really get the urge to jump into a tier 3 and let rip.  I see that the pen on the pz 2j is about to get a huge pen buff, and I just bought it back in anticipation.  

Edited by cheasesteak, 30 July 2020 - 06:23 PM.

_Cletus #87 Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:25 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31045 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postcheasesteak, on 30 July 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

I get what you are saying, and I don’t think I have played more than a dozen games at 1-4 since 5.5 happened ... BUT, every time I see a bunch of “we must protect the noooooobs!” post, I really, really get the urge to jump into a tier 3 and let rip.  I see that the pen on the pz 2j is about to get a huge pen buff, and I just bought it back in anticipation.  

I don't have an issue with anybody going down tier and trying out a tank since the buff and whatever, but skilled players spending time in low tiers is not good for the long term health of the game.

MarBearCat #88 Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:35 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22495 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Postwrecker1968, on 15 July 2020 - 12:51 PM, said:

5.5 is not fixed.

This may be a move in the right direction, but it is not fixed.

The real problem is it took over 15 updates before they decided to try to fix it slowly.

This seems to be WG business plan, Destroy something totally and then maybe if everybody has a problem with it they will slowly very slowly maybe Start to fix it.

We've seen them do this numerous times with other things too.

So let's not spread propaganda that 5.5 is fixed.

Yeah, what he said! :great:

>"<

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

MarBearCat #89 Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:42 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22495 battles
  • [SDWA]

Does this update help or hurt my tier

4 American T6E1?

I'm thinking it might hurt because 

it buffs my competitors.  :(

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

THE_Viajero #90 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26067 battles
  • [BHOTT]

I just want my Luch back to what it used to be, that was my favourite tank, it basically thought me how to play, because I wanted to get better at driving it, I still have it in my garage, I refuse to sell it out of nostalgia and respect, so hopefully it will as good as one’s used to be  

Viajero means Traveler 

:B

People complain when the ping goes to 100 but I have always play whit 150~ of ping 

ps: I'm a not native English speaker, so, sorry for any mistakes (or maybe the autocorrector trolled me XD) 

Doilky #91 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:49 PM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20083 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View PostTHE_Viajero, on 01 August 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

I just want my Luch back to what it used to be, that was my favourite tank, it basically thought me how to play, because I wanted to get better at driving it, I still have it in my garage, I refuse to sell it out of nostalgia and respect, so hopefully it will as good as one’s used to be  

MT25 is a higher tier Luchs. 

Doilky #92 Posted 03 August 2020 - 02:26 AM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20083 battles
  • [MSTRY]

Wow, the Marder is seriously broken right now.  In the handful of games I've played tonight I am averaging over 900 damage per battle, and just hit a 1700+  6 kill Hall of Fame game. 

Nathanronco #93 Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:29 AM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17345 battles
  • [1STUS]

View PostDoilky, on 03 August 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

Wow, the Marder is seriously broken right now.  In the handful of games I've played tonight I am averaging over 900 damage per battle, and just hit a 1700+  6 kill Hall of Fame game. 

I went seal-clubbing in my UC 2-pdr. That tank is so darn fun.

" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag." - Joseph Stalin, 1944 Soviet Russia

Premium Vehicles in Garage: T34, M6A2E1 EXP, Löwe, IS-5, T-34-3, Tiger 131, SU-100Y, TOG II*, Pz. V/IV, T-25, Churchill III

Collector Vehicles in Garage: Gravedigger, Thunder, Pz. Sfl. IVc, Scavenger, Valentine II, Valentine Mark IX, AMX 40, T82, T18

Tier X Vehicles in Garage: Sheridan, M48 Patton, Jagdpanzer E 100, Grille 15, IS-7, FV215b 183, FV4005, Ho-Ri

Doilky #94 Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:11 PM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20083 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View PostNathanronco, on 03 August 2020 - 05:29 AM, said:

I went seal-clubbing in my UC 2-pdr. That tank is so darn fun.

I told my son how OP I thought the Marder is right now.  He put in a ticket to get the tank back and promptly pushed me from 2nd  to 3rd in the hall of fame. 

:(  

THE_Viajero #95 Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26067 battles
  • [BHOTT]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 14 July 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

• The tier 4 Japanese Ke-Ho light tank is going to be a lot like a Leopard 1 at tier 4, with an accurate gun for its tier, more dpm than ever before, zero armor, and tons of speed :)

Wait! The Ke-Ho got buff? Where did you get that info? Because that used to be one of my favorite tanks, but sold it after 5.5, but if it's good again, i will try to get it back 

Edited by THE_Viajero, 18 August 2020 - 03:33 AM.

Viajero means Traveler 

:B

People complain when the ping goes to 100 but I have always play whit 150~ of ping 

ps: I'm a not native English speaker, so, sorry for any mistakes (or maybe the autocorrector trolled me XD) 

Alopex__ #96 Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3818 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View Post_Cletus, on 15 July 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

Back in my oilfield days I lived in the very metropolitan city of Houma LA.  Our kid made a friend, and that friend's parents would invite us to their weekly mud bug boil.  And they did it every weekend, they'd have about 25-30 people show up every week.  I was talking to a local, he was not the smartest guy, and he was explaining to me the difference between a Cadian and a Cajun.  I probably misunderstood.

One thing that many people may not know is the meaning of the X.  Some family's will be named, say Thibadeau, and some will be named Thibadeaux.  The difference, as it was explained to me [let me know if I got this one wrong too], was that if they came to LA as a criminal punishment they had the X at the end of their name.

Just like how I was a criminal working for shredders foot clan until I betrayed him, otherwise it would be Alopecks. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users