Upon 7.1's arrival, 5.5's legacy is destroyed!!

5.5 7.1 retconning 5.5 low tier tanks alpha damage dpm pea-shooter morning has dawned hope is now here

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Markus_The0 #21 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:02 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostGentleNova, on 14 July 2020 - 09:25 PM, said:

What about the pen of Tier 4 tanks against Tier 5 tanks? Was this ever fixed in a previous update? I remember playing some of my Tier 4 tank lines & nations against some of the heavier armoured Tier 5 tanks and some of my Tier 4 tanks couldn’t even pen the side or rear of them.

They have done quite a bit of work on penetration numbers, tier 4 included. Chances are high that whatever tank you had dealing damage with has had its penetration buffed. :)

If you dive back into tiers 4-6, be aware that the armor of the BDR G1 B and T1 Heavy tanks has been buffed, so their armor profiles and weak spots will be a bit different. Both of these tanks now have quite strong armor profiles, but it's nicely balanced out by the fact that they have rather low hp, especially compared to other tier 5 heavies, which have less strong armor profiles.

Edited by Markus_The0, 15 July 2020 - 03:18 AM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #22 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:11 AM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 58292 battles
  • [RNSF]

Ke-NiOtsu_onlytierthree4Me

New clip on the Covey looks nice tho 

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

Mr_BushyBeard #23 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:14 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13413 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostChiefmac, on 14 July 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

Great post. Now about the 3.H8. Would be AWESOME to be able to sell equip for credits again. No use for it after a tank is sold. 

Fellow old guy here ^^^ knows what to truly hang onto after a number of years.

3.8 changed everything, and not for the better. 3.8 was the change of Blitz from a portable mini-version of PC to a truly Mobile-Style, pay-for advantage game.

Just realized my post had nothing really to do with yours, OP. Sorry, though; it's true.

Edited by Mr_BushyBeard, 15 July 2020 - 03:15 AM.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Formerly “Augustus_Sohn”; lost a bet to my son and this was his pick. 

Markus_The0 #24 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:16 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23624 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 14 July 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

Ke-NiOtsu_onlytierthree4Me

New clip on the Covey looks nice tho 

LOL! :) Beware! The Ke-Ni Otsu is the ONLY low tier tank not to have received a single buff over the last 17 updates, so expect some power creep. It's probably balanced about right now for tier 3, considering it has crazy good DPM, yet low hp and low pen now, relative to the rest of the tier.

Edited by Markus_The0, 15 July 2020 - 03:17 AM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

Chiefmac #25 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 54941 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 14 July 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

Thanks! Yeah, I've literally never thought about the concept of selling equipment before, that would be really sweet! Maybe all the equipment slots could lock again when you sell a tank and you could get all the credits back? Man selling a tier 8 would net you like a million credits! lol :)

Exactly ! 

Chiefmac #26 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 54941 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostMr_BushyBeard, on 14 July 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

Fellow old guy here ^^^ knows what to truly hang onto after a number of years.

3.8 changed everything, and not for the better. 3.8 was the change of Blitz from a portable mini-version of PC to a truly Mobile-Style, pay-for advantage game.

Just realized my post had nothing really to do with yours, OP. Sorry, though; it's true.

Truth ! 

cheasesteak #27 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:27 AM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 22902 battles
  • [COD-R]
Hated 5.5, but don’t really care about new low tier changes.  I’m not going back because tier 6 is the new tier 3.  

Geewizz3 #28 Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22094 battles
  • [FAST7]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 14 July 2020 - 10:51 PM, said:

Sure, I get that if you're not passionate about 5.5, I can see how you would want a summary. Basically, in update 7.1 the low tiers are going to be nothing like they have been since update 5.5. The low tiers will totally be worth exploring! If you had any low tier collector tanks that you sold previously, you can get them back in exchange for the gold you got when you sold them originally. Just go to the player support section of blitz, to this page: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/25202/ and click the link that says "submit a VRT ticket."

Put simply, update 7.1 makes low tier play more fun! :)

thank you. This made it quite simple for me and these days I need simple. I never sold any of my low tier tanks so I have most of them. I hope that wargaming brings back controller support so I can Join in on the low tier fun (seal clubbing).

YES to +1,-1 MM. The game is more fun with PMM on every tank.

High tiered tanks, E100,IS4,E-75,ST-1 and T-54.

rosgrim #29 Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 94146 battles
  • [COD]

they realized 5.5 was a big mistake in terms of skills development for new players.

They need tanks performing differently, OP tanks and even sealclubbers to be forced to understand the tank roles.

As well as something that makes those tiers interesting.

I have never been (and will never be) a sealclubber so is not that part that I missed.

Besides I don't play anymore those tiers (just finished to rehabilitate WR of the last T5 tanks and I got so bored even playing few battles a day) but this update is a really good thing.

originalmadkilla #30 Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16339 battles
  • [OMK]

Are the maps still nerfed and there's only a few maps available for tiers below 5?:playing:

It wasn't just tanks that were nerfed, they messed up the map selection too, and they basically tried to make tiers 1-4 not fun to play at all.

I would say that they achieved their goal.:justwait:

Texas_Tyrant #31 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:36 AM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 11760 battles
  • [UTC]

Cant get in a battle under tier 5. I was in queue for 3 minutes with 3 players at tier 2; same for tier 3 and 4:confused:

Guess I'll play them later...

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Viper8757NC #32 Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26168 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 14 July 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

Let's be honest. Lots of us are still suffering digital PTSD from what happened in update 5.5. Our old low tier friends, the tanks that had been with us since the beginning of our blitz journeys--the tanks that made us fall in love with blitz--we saw them be removed from the tech trees and then hit so hard with the nerf bat they were mangled beyond all recognition. The first tank I ever aced, the UC 2-pdr lost its unique alpha damage; the tank that first made me fall in love with light tanks, the Luchs, was given the traverse speed of a heavy tank--we all had tanks like this, tanks we loved that were nerfed so badly that we thought they'd never be the same. I, for one, lost most of my hope that we'd ever be able to happily play these tanks again. If this has been you too, friend, let me share with you something that will undoubtedly make you smile.

This night of 5.5's repercussions was long, but the sun has silently been circling the world of Blitz, preparing to rise. Someone, somewhere, deep in War Gaming heard our posts and our voices and had compassion, because every few updates (over the last 17), silently, often times not even listed in the in-game news, updates to low tier vehicles kept coming. A low-tier DPM and dispersion buff here in update 5.7, and a Valentine II engine power buff there in 5.8. Update 5.9 brought low tier tech tree vehicles alpha damage buffs, and a few more received buffs in 5.10. Penetration and alpha damage were increased for low tiers in 6.0. Update 6.2 arrived with premium ammo alpha damage buffs for low tier collector tanks. 6.4 made tanks more mobile and gave better dispersion to numerous tanks. 6.5 featured a tier IV tank price increase (making new players practice a bit more before getting to tier IV). Armor buffs came in 6.6 for the previously-nerfed Hetzer and SU-85B, plus penetration buffs across quite a few low-tier tanks. Tiny detailed changes came in 6.7; they finally gave the BT-7 spaced armor over it's gun mantlet and weakened the M5 Stuart's armor so that it's better suited to tier III. The SAu 40 starred as the lone low-tier tank to get buffed in 6.8. Tier V got some love in 6.10 in order to help balance out the heavy tank buffs. Update 7.0 featured an OCD-level-of-caring-attention-to-detail change for the Lago. And finally, in update 7.1, we got 30% DPM increases across the board for nearly every tier 1-4, along with mild hp buffs to most tanks between tier 1-4 and some tier 5's.

The legacy of 5.5 was one of neutering tanks by giving them pea-shooter damage, barely enough DPM to kill the enemy team in seven minutes, and suppressing and decreasing everything that made individual tanks special. Slowly, thanks to our pleas and petitions and the tireless work of some kind soul(s) on the Blitz balancing team, the legacy of 5.5 has been being torn apart, piece by piece, silently, in the details of update after update. Finally, with the advent of 7.1, this night has finally come to an end, and hope has dawned! :teethhappy:

In total (in summary of the last 17 updates) upon the arrival of 7.1:

Many tanks now have as much DPM, and some even have more DPM, than they ever did before update 5.5. :B

(Some examples include the former tech-tree Japanese Ke-Ni, the A-32, the T6E1 Mini-Sherman, and others)

Almost all tanks have as much, if not more ALPHA DAMAGE than they did before update 5.5.

This is true across the board. You might think, "well, that was only fitting to keep up with the hp and armor buffs they given various low tier vehicles over the years." You would be correct. Things do seem pretty nicely balanced now. Just like at any tier, we'll probably find a few stinkers that just aren't super effective without some future buffs, but that's to be expected.

Every tank, once again, has something special about it.

Gone are the nightmarish, shooting-a-spitball-every-15-seconds kind of low tier tanks that all played the same. Those nightmares do not exist anymore. If you look with an attitude to find what's fun and unique, you'll find that the low tier tanks, just like in the higher tier tanks of this game, offer individual experiences for you to explore.

The low tiers (I-IV and even some of V) are a whole new world now.

So much has changed for the low tiers. I, for one, have decided to go explore this new world of low tier tech tree, collector, and premium tanks. I encourage you to try it out, too! You can request tanks to be restored to your garage using a tool in the player support section, and you can now ask for an unlimited number of tanks back per year! We basically get to explore a new tech-tree's worth of unique and lethal (no longer neutered!) tanks. There is so much fun to be had and new favorites to find!

Here are a few highlights of tanks I'm gonna go get my hands on first thing! 

• Tier 3 tank destroyers now have 180 alpha damage with AP on their 75mm guns. Hello SU-76, SU-76i, and Marder II!
  • The tier 4 Covenanter now has 220 alpha damage per clip, and the tier 3 Pz. II G now has 180 alpha per clip.
  • The tier 4 Japanese Ke-Ho light tank is going to be a lot like a Leopard 1 at tier 4, with an accurate gun for its tier, more dpm than ever before, zero armor, and tons of speed :)
  • Some tier 5 tanks now do more module damage with HE :trollface:
  • The T67 American TD now has 165 alpha instead of 135 damage with its standard AP rounds (hello, lovely buff!)
  • Quite a few tier 5 tanks are getting extra hp so tier 5 v. 6 will finally feel comfortable again.
  • And my personal favorite... tier 2 tank destroyers have their original alpha or better! Hello my old friend UC 2-pdr!

I welcome your thoughts, and please use this thread to share with us all the tanks you find that are fun once 7.1 hits tomorrow! :teethhappy:

I thought a player could only submit one tank restoration ticket per year.

RonaldusMaximus_ #33 Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostViper8757NC, on 15 July 2020 - 06:46 AM, said:

Nope, you can get 3 per day now  https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/25202/

Premium, Collector and Event vehicle restorations are unlimited. restorations are unlims are unlimited."

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 15 July 2020 - 12:26 PM.

_Cletus #34 Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:52 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 31045 battles
  • [III-C]

Although my interest in low tiers is....low, do you guys think this is going to herald a resurgence of low tier seal clubbing again?

That was a well written OP btw....

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Go_tell_the_Spartans #35 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12384 battles
  • [FTRP]
If they would just restore my beloved DW2 back to its greatness...I would be happy! And maybe buff the Pershing gun...

Viper8757NC #36 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26168 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 15 July 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

Nope, you can get 3 per day now  https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/25202/

Premium, Collector and Event vehicle restorations are unlimited. restorations are unlims are unlimited."

Happy days!  Thanks~

acrisis #37 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20994 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostViper8757NC, on 15 July 2020 - 06:46 AM, said:

Unlimited restorations now, as long as you have the required funds and garage slots. 

PS: Ninja'd :D 

PS: PS:

VRT Link:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/25202/

Vehicle Restoration Cost:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/23202/

Edited by acrisis, 15 July 2020 - 01:44 PM.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

czechphotoguy #38 Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22396 battles
  • [BOB]

The great thing is my ke-ni Otsu will be even more powerful and kill all the noobs that play lower tiers anyway!!!

Czech

czechphotoguy #39 Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22396 battles
  • [BOB]

OH and MM will never be improved and it's actually been made even worse so who cares about everything else!

Czech

TonnerreCadien #40 Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:12 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47324 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postrosgrim, on 14 July 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

they realized 5.5 was a big mistake in terms of skills development for new players.

They need tanks performing differently, OP tanks and even sealclubbers to be forced to understand the tank roles.

As well as something that makes those tiers interesting.

I have never been (and will never be) a sealclubber so is not that part that I missed.

Besides I don't play anymore those tiers (just finished to rehabilitate WR of the last T5 tanks and I got so bored even playing few battles a day) but this update is a really good thing.

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 14 July 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

Are the maps still nerfed and there's only a few maps available for tiers below 5?:playing:

It wasn't just tanks that were nerfed, they messed up the map selection too, and they basically tried to make tiers 1-4 not fun to play at all.

I would say that they achieved their goal.:justwait:

^^^^^^These. I predicted that this would be the case. From now on, you all can call me Nostradumbass.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users