Upon 7.1's arrival, 5.5's legacy is destroyed!!

5.5 7.1 retconning 5.5 low tier tanks alpha damage dpm pea-shooter morning has dawned hope is now here

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

RonaldusMaximus_ #41 Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:48 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 15 July 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

^^^^^^These. I predicted that this would be the case. From now on, you all can call me Nostradumbass.

Pony up the 2500 gold for a name change or we're gonna continue to call you Ton Air Canadian 

TonnerreCadien #42 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:11 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47335 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 15 July 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

Pony up the 2500 gold for a name change or we're gonna continue to call you Ton Air Canadian 

With my luck, someone would find the name offensive, and I'd have to change it back again, anyway.

I remember my son rolling his eyes when I told him that I was "TonnerreCadien" - I did get him to play this game for a bit, but he quit. He plays some multiplayer game in his room - he won't tell me what - but I hear him all the time "YOU IDIOT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!???"

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 15 July 2020 - 05:21 PM.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

RonaldusMaximus_ #43 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:14 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 15 July 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

With my luck, someone would find the name offensive, and I'd have to change it back again, anyway.

I remember my son rolling his eyes when I told him that I was "TonnerreCadien" - I did get him to play this game for a bit, but quit. He plays some multiplayer game in his room - he won't tell me what - but I hear him all the time "YOU IDIOT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!???"

He must be a low 40%er

acrisis #44 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]
I cannot stop reading your name as Tonnerre Canadien ... :D 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

RonaldusMaximus_ #45 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:26 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [III-C]
True story, I invited TC to the Triarii Gladiators night and told him he should feel at home because we have alot of Canadians on the server.... He educated me.

acrisis #46 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]

Yeah, it is the other 'Cadian ... 

Don't tell me he is from QC !  :bajan:

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  

RonaldusMaximus_ #47 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:41 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [III-C]
Cadien = Cajun

acrisis #48 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]

Cadien ... ACADIA ...

My brain is stuck on a French department or region, that it was named after ... possibly. 

Lots of French names in NNE, but sadly ( and frustratingly enough for me ) people don't know how to pronounce their names & towns correctly ... so if you need to address somebody, all bets are off sometimes how they mispronounce it, before it has meaning for them, or for them not to look funny at you. 

BE  (+)   

wrecker1968 #49 Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 54359 battles
  • [HOUSE]

5.5 is not fixed.

This may be a move in the right direction, but it is not fixed.

The real problem is it took over 15 updates before they decided to try to fix it slowly.

This seems to be WG business plan, Destroy something totally and then maybe if everybody has a problem with it they will slowly very slowly maybe Start to fix it.

We've seen them do this numerous times with other things too.

So let's not spread propaganda that 5.5 is fixed.

JakeBaby #50 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3077 battles
  • [HWTZR]
Took out my m2 medium as I guess it should be easier to ace in these first few days. First game was 50 damage and died very quickly. 2nd game was 1.1k damage high caliber, top gun, but only 1st class. Can I ever ace this thing?

I do not have a single clue what I'm doing. You have a problem with that?

Tier X Wishlist: IS-4, T-62A, Progetto 65, Kranvagn

Premium Wishlist: Obj. 252U, KV-5, Progetto 46, M6A2E1/[Experimental], Emil 1951

_Cletus #51 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 31905 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 15 July 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

Cadien = Cajun

Not exactly.  Same accent, but a resident of SE Louisiana will quickly set you straight on that point.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

acrisis #52 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21019 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostJakeBaby, on 15 July 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

Took out my m2 medium as I guess it should be easier to ace in these first few days. First game was 50 damage and died very quickly. 2nd game was 1.1k damage high caliber, top gun, but only 1st class. Can I ever ace this thing?

Spot, track, pull back, rinse repeat, stay alive ... and realize that it may take a bit of a bad to average team to ace.  If you have a couple eager beavers on your team who are active from the get go, chances are, it will not be {M}.

And, you may have to be low tier and stand alone against three enemies to pull it off :D 

BE  (+)   

TonnerreCadien #53 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:26 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47335 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post_Cletus, on 15 July 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Not exactly.  Same accent, but a resident of SE Louisiana will quickly set you straight on that point.

Hey Cletus, what Ron is doing is translating the French " 'Cadien " to English "Cajun," so he's right about that. If you mean that the Acadian accent in New Brunswick, Maine, or Nova Scotia is different from the one in Louisiana, you're kind of correct, but let me tell you - some of those "Acadiens" (they keep the "A" up there, whereas we drop it down in Louisiana) sound like they come straight out of Louisiana when they speak French - it's when they speak English that you hear a HUGE difference.

The ones who sound different from us are the Québecois. Here's a funny story - a few years back there was a Québecois guy, a graduate student, in my department at work. A nice, smart young fellow, but a little intense. We used French with each other all the time. But one day in a conversation with him, I used the Cajun phrase "Ça c'est alright!" ["That's alright!"] - and he got irritated with me - he told me that in French, you can't say "C'est alright," but you could say "C'est okay."

To which I responded:

"Ça fait, c'est okay, c'est alright, mais c'est alright c'est pas okay?"

(So, "it's okay" is alright, but "it's alright" is not okay?)

The look of frustration on his face was priceless.

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 15 July 2020 - 07:30 PM.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

boris55555 #54 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:54 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 30964 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 15 July 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

Hey Cletus, what Ron is doing is translating the French " 'Cadien " to English "Cajun," so he's right about that. If you mean that the Acadian accent in New Brunswick, Maine, or Nova Scotia is different from the one in Louisiana, you're kind of correct, but let me tell you - some of those "Acadiens" (they keep the "A" up there, whereas we drop it down in Louisiana) sound like they come straight out of Louisiana when they speak French - it's when they speak English that you hear a HUGE difference.

The ones who sound different from us are the Québecois. Here's a funny story - a few years back there was a Québecois guy, a graduate student, in my department at work. A nice, smart young fellow, but a little intense. We used French with each other all the time. But one day in a conversation with him, I used the Cajun phrase "Ça c'est alright!" ["That's alright!"] - and he got irritated with me - he told me that in French, you can't say "C'est alright," but you could say "C'est okay."

To which I responded:

Cajun troll

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

RoadKutter #55 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:01 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 41430 battles
  • [III-H]
Great post!

Ghosting reds since 2014

_Cletus #56 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:27 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 31905 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 15 July 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

To which I responded:

Back in my oilfield days I lived in the very metropolitan city of Houma LA.  Our kid made a friend, and that friend's parents would invite us to their weekly mud bug boil.  And they did it every weekend, they'd have about 25-30 people show up every week.  I was talking to a local, he was not the smartest guy, and he was explaining to me the difference between a Cadian and a Cajun.  I probably misunderstood.

One thing that many people may not know is the meaning of the X.  Some family's will be named, say Thibadeau, and some will be named Thibadeaux.  The difference, as it was explained to me [let me know if I got this one wrong too], was that if they came to LA as a criminal punishment they had the X at the end of their name.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #57 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [III-C]
Didn't they rule this as a cruel and unusual punishment?

Viper8757NC #58 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26380 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 14 July 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

Here are a few highlights of tanks I'm gonna go get my hands on first thing! 

• Tier 3 tank destroyers now have 180 alpha damage with AP on their 75mm guns. Hello SU-76, SU-76i, and Marder II!
  • The tier 4 Covenanter now has 220 alpha damage per clip, and the tier 3 Pz. II G now has 180 alpha per clip.
  • The tier 4 Japanese Ke-Ho light tank is going to be a lot like a Leopard 1 at tier 4, with an accurate gun for its tier, more dpm than ever before, zero armor, and tons of speed :)
  • Some tier 5 tanks now do more module damage with HE :trollface:
  • The T67 American TD now has 165 alpha instead of 135 damage with its standard AP rounds (hello, lovely buff!)
  • Quite a few tier 5 tanks are getting extra hp so tier 5 v. 6 will finally feel comfortable again.
  • And my personal favorite... tier 2 tank destroyers have their original alpha or better! Hello my old friend UC 2-pdr!

I welcome your thoughts, and please use this thread to share with us all the tanks you find that are fun once 7.1 hits tomorrow! :teethhappy:

I got the Covenanter restored.  It still stinks, and 8 times out of ten you’ll be placed in a tier 5 battle with T1 heavy tanks and BDRs. Don’t waste your time.  I’m sorry I did.

Edited by Viper8757NC, 15 July 2020 - 08:40 PM.

Texas_Tyrant #59 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12381 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostViper8757NC, on 15 July 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

I got the Covenanter restored.  It still stinks, and 8 times out of ten you’ll be placed in a tier 5 battle with T1 heavy tanks and BDRs. Don’t waste your time.  I’m sorry I did.

I loved it, yes you'll be in 5 but run iwth the meds. Today  a AMX tried running through our line. I pulled out in front of him, causing him to ram me, (I only took 70 dmg) he took 100 damage. I dumped my clip into him leaving him with less than 400 hp where my team mates finished him off fast. I got a "Fu cov" from the red in chat lol. It is a capable tank that I enjoy now.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

RonaldusMaximus_ #60 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:54 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [III-C]
The Covenanter is a decent tank. I was happy to play it when I got it from the Battle Pass and will be playing it more now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users