Upon 7.1's arrival, 5.5's legacy is destroyed!!

5.5 7.1 retconning 5.5 low tier tanks alpha damage dpm pea-shooter morning has dawned hope is now here

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Texas_Tyrant #61 Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:04 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12489 battles
  • [UTC]

T-46 is more bearable now. I dot bum teams in it today but will expect much better results soon as I play it more. With 150 burst damage it is nice at tier 3. 

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Texas_Tyrant #62 Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:14 PM

• Players
  • 12489 battles
  • [UTC]

Just realized I could restore the T150 lol. I never knew I researched it and always wanted, now I can get it! 

Thanks Acrisis,

Texas_Tyrant

boris55555 #63 Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:23 AM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 31025 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 14 July 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

This beauty of a comment is not getting the attention it deserves.

Right?

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 15 July 2020 - 06:47 AM, said:

Nope, you can get 3 per day now  https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/25202/

Premium, Collector and Event vehicle restorations are unlimited. restorations are unlims are unlimited."

Where’s it say only 3?

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

RonaldusMaximus_ #64 Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:35 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16380 battles
  • [III-C]
That is the word on the street, like with you can only sell 3 tanks per day. 

RatPATROL_2014 #65 Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 89608 battles
  • [THUMB]
I’m still upset from update 2.8 sorry 

Rou_Garou #66 Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:34 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 33833 battles
  • [OP-4]

Would It make sense that damage increases credit earning?  I have heard there was difficulty in earning credits in lower tiers especially for newcomers although there are many other options available to tankers, such as boosters and stuff from daily crates.  WG constantly tweaking and I see this as good sign of state of the game. 

RonaldusMaximus_ #67 Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:38 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16380 battles
  • [III-C]
I rarely lose credits in low tiers, but I don't sit still spinning my turret shooting at rocks.

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 16 July 2020 - 12:38 PM.

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #68 Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:34 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 60337 battles
  • [RNG_Y]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 14 July 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

LOL! :) Beware! The Ke-Ni Otsu is the ONLY low tier tank not to have received a single buff over the last 17 updates, so expect some power creep. It's probably balanced about right now for tier 3, considering it has crazy good DPM, yet low hp and low pen now, relative to the rest of the tier.

Found myself endgame vs a couple Matilda's the other day. 

That was rough, like it's always been, but it's still manageable.

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

Gavidoc01 #69 Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:40 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48847 battles
  • [III]
Covenantor used to be great. Then it became [ terrible ]. Unless it’s like it used to be it is just less smelly [ ... ] 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

boris55555 #70 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:47 AM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 31025 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 16 July 2020 - 06:35 AM, said:

That is the word on the street, like with you can only sell 3 tanks per day. 

Hmmmmmmm......I think I did 4 yesterday. On Den Drive

View PostRatPATROL_2014, on 16 July 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

I’m still upset from update 2.8 sorry 

Was this about credits og?

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 16 July 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

I rarely lose credits in low tiers, but I don't sit still spinning my turret shooting at rocks.

That’s why he skips the turret at tier 6

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

Mako__Reizei___ #71 Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:17 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8096 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Still salty about the T82's loss of the 105mm derp.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

Doilky #72 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:28 AM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20361 battles
  • [MSTRY]

I've been tooling around tiers 3 & 4 just to check things out.  

I gotta say, the Marder is better than I remember. I hated the tank back when I was a nub.  Now, I feel like it's a tier 3 Su130PM.    It's got 180 alpha, good pen, 8 degrees of gun depression, a wide gun arc, and is relatively mobile.  

Also found the M3 Stuart to be fun in a run around and COD everything that's slower than you kind of way. 

I'm glad the M8A1 got it's alpha back, now I just wish it had the 2nd gun that had 10 degress of depression.  It's also slowly getting it's mobility back. 

PZ III A is surprisingly good as well.  Quick aim time, somewhat bouncy.  

T82 is still trash.  Can't pen anything with the HE, and the dispersion and depression are trash so you've really got to work to get your shots to connect. 

Hadn't play the BT-SV since it was given to us.  It's surprisingly bouncy, as long as you wiggle and jiggle and don't stop turning and moving. 

Luchs, better than I remember after 5.5. 

Hetzer, I don't remember this thing having this quick of traverse, and you can get it's dispersion down to 0.29 which is pretty amazing. 

BT7 is the only one that I can't seem to get along with.  Not nearly as mobile as the M5 Stuart, Limited gun depression. Longer tank, so there's just more of you for the reds to shoot at.   

I've had a pretty fun day playing down in the bottom tiers. 

Texas_Tyrant #73 Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:57 AM

• Players
  • 12489 battles
  • [UTC]

T-46 is simply amazing!

140 alpha burst damage makes peek-a-boom quite fun.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

_Crusader6_ #74 Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:02 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69887 battles
  • [BDGER]

I feel bad for anyone who didn’t like 5.5 

Yes it made low tiers bland and boring - but got rid of a slew of broken OP tanks. 

I fail to see how anyone thinks beating up on new players in low tiers is somehow fun, and really wonder about folks who think 7.1 was a great thing. 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  432/433 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

wrecker1968 #75 Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:32 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 54677 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 29 July 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

Yes it made low tiers bland and boring - but got rid of a slew of broken OP tanks. 

I fail to see how anyone thinks beating up on new players in low tiers is somehow fun, and really wonder about folks who think 7.1 was a great thing. 

Not everyone is as good as you, My Sats prove there I am Horrendous in the upper tears.

In 9 and 10, A player with over 60% win rate beating up on players is just as bad as a player with over 60% win rate in tear 3 through 5. Because the fact of the matter is The lower tier player does not have the skill To compete at higher. I've played thousands of battles at the higher tears and my skill level is not getting any better. In fact it's getting worse.

I've been in upper tier battles where Skilled players have yelled At me Because I don't have the Proper skill level to be there.

But yet those are the same players that are praising the 5.5 slaughter.

Doilky #76 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:54 PM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20361 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 29 July 2020 - 07:02 AM, said:

LOL, everyone is different from everyone else. 

It's a nice break to play with the nubs at Tier 3 instead of the nubs at Tier 10.

Atleast in Tier 3 a player with less than 1k battles is not so annoying as the same player at Tier 8, 9 or 10.

Honestly, I think 5.5 is a contributing factor to the suckage of many of the upper tier teams. Folks getting bored at low tiers, and brinfing their bad play to the upper tiers. As we can see folks already want an arcade mode like gravity games made permanent. If gravity games isn't permanent, why not give them the next best thing and let them have that play style in the lower tiers? 

Edited by Doilky, 29 July 2020 - 03:02 PM.

_Cletus #77 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32122 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostDoilky, on 29 July 2020 - 08:54 AM, said:

LOL, everyone is different from everyone else. 

It's a nice break to play with the nubs at Tier 3 instead of the nubs at Tier 10.

Atleast in Tier 3 a player with less than 1k battles is not so annoying as the same player at Tier 8, 9 or 10.

Honestly, I think 5.5 is a contributing factor to the suckage of many of the upper tier teams. Folks getting bored at low tiers, and brinfing their bad play to the upper tiers. As we can see folks already want an arcade mode like gravity games made permanent. If gravity games isn't permanent, why not give them the next best thing and let them have that play style in the lower tiers? 

I think it's pretty obvious that seal clubbing was a problem that hurt the game in general.  The solution was to make the low tiers so bland that nobody wanted to play them.  Now that WG is trying to spice them back up, so new and learning players can have some fun, do we really need high skill players blowing up the nubs? 

We can't say we want the low skill players to stay in low tiers where they belong while saying it's great for high skill players to destroy them in the low tiers.  7.1 doesn't have to mean that seal clubbing is okay again.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Gavidoc01 #78 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48847 battles
  • [III]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 29 July 2020 - 07:02 AM, said:

View Post_Cletus, on 29 July 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

I think it's pretty obvious that seal clubbing was a problem that hurt the game in general.  The solution was to make the low tiers so bland that nobody wanted to play them.  Now that WG is trying to spice them back up, so new and learning players can have some fun, do we really need high skill players blowing up the nubs? 

We can't say we want the low skill players to stay in low tiers where they belong while saying it's great for high skill players to destroy them in the low tiers.  7.1 doesn't have to mean that seal clubbing is okay again.

I didn't see anything wrong with 5.5 and I don't see anything wrong with 7.1.

Sometimes when something isn't working you swing the pendulum. Issue is that you never get the pendulum right in the middle the first try and end up going too far the other way. How I view 5.5. Seal clubbing was an issue with OP low tier tanks. Make everything the same (swing the pendulum too far the other way) and push the seal clubbers out and up tier. All that did was make it so I was able to seal club in the upper tiers more effectively. I honestly didn't mind the slew of players who can't play moving up. Have I become more salty as a result? Yes most definitely but overall it's been ok.

Update 7.1 is tryiing to get that pendulum in the middle. Not sure if all the changes were necessary but adding a bit more spice back into the lower tiers might have been in response to new players finding it so bland and boring that there was no need to move up and they just left instead of progressing. In essence 5.5 swung it too far the other way, 7.1 is an attempt to find that sweet spot. Retain new players, make low tiers more interesting, minimize seal clubbing. Not sure they hit that middle yet but they are closer.

The issue is that WG says they are all about new player retention and making it easier for them so they stick with the game. Instead of all these swings of the pendulum what they need to do is spend the time working on a robust tutorial system for new players. Having them fighting bots instead of real people without tutorials to walk them through it serves no one.

Edited by Gavidoc01, 29 July 2020 - 03:31 PM.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

wrecker1968 #79 Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 54677 battles
  • [HOUSE]

I personally think that the seal clubbing could have been remedied by simple tank balance like they do in upper tiers.

By doing what they did, it seems to me like they killed some fun in all the tiers.

Doilky #80 Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:02 PM

(Doh-Key)

• Players
  • 20361 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Post_Cletus, on 29 July 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

I never saw the issue with seal clubbing.  I started the game as a seal and got clubbed.  I remember the first time I got deleted by a T7 Car, and the first time I was whole health derped by a PZ4.  I just knew I wanted to be as good as those guys, and didn't know what seal clubbing was. 

When 5.5 hit, it was just as I was just becoming a decent player and moving out of the lower tiers, it probably gave me a bit of a push, but I was headed up the tree anyhow. 

Edited by Doilky, 29 July 2020 - 07:03 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users