• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

NastyShrimp5 #1 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3042 battles
  • [SSB1]

Hello everyone!

To start, I’ve never posted a topic here before, so I’m probably doing something wrong. Sorry.

Anyway, I figured I’d ask about progressing through the tiers.

I already have 3 tier IX tanks (I do regret that now, don’t remind me), and I certainly have no intent of going to tier X anytime soon, but, for future reference, what point should I reach before I make the jump?

I’ve heard someplace that you should have all your tier XIII tanks (and below) with elite status, but I’ve also heard it depends on win rate, WN8, battle count, etc.. What do you guys think?

I’ve already researched (but not purchased) the E-100, and I’m working on the Maus line right now.

Also, I don’t know if this helps, but here’s my BlitzStars data: https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/NastyShrimp5

Thanks!

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:21 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 29567 battles
  • [D2TH]

First of all, congrats on your first topic.
Second, this is all dependent on you, if you feel like you really want a tier 10, feel free to get it. If you don't, then no pressure. I will proceed with what I feel will be the best advice for you and those playing with you.

Honestly, your tier 9 stats are about average or maybe a bit below average. Looking at the E-75, 1600 damage wouldn't be terrible to have on my team, but it might be nice to set your goals a little higher than your current stats. Getting every single tier 9 before you progress to tier 10 is not at all necessary, but I think it is useful to have a nice grip on the playstyle of the previous tank before moving on. It does you or your team no favors if you get up to tier 10 before you are ready, and then proceed to get everyone frustrated. 

Edit: Tier X is not some big scary step into the dark, nor is it the ultimate destination. It is just a progression up in tiers. Tier 10 is the top, but that doesn't mean that suddenly you will face unicum toons every single game. You will have to raise your play a bit to hold your own, yes, but that is the case with every other tier. Don't let yourself get too intimidated or too hyped up.

Again, this is all based on what you prefer, but since you have taken the initiative to come here and seek out advice, I would suggest you set some concrete goals for you tier 9 performance. You seem to have a decent grasp on tier 8, so tier 9 is the next frontier for you to conquer. This is all what I see from your stats, as obviously I haven't had the privilege of playing with you.

Any more questions, feel free to shoot them over.

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 20 July 2020 - 01:26 AM.

http://forum.wotblit...ms/TET Project/

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

NastyShrimp5 #3 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3042 battles
  • [SSB1]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 19 July 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

First of all, congrats on your first topic.
Second, this is all dependent on you, if you feel like you really want a tier 10, feel free to get it. If you don't, then no pressure. I will proceed with what I feel will be the best advice for you and those playing with you.

Honestly, your tier 9 stats are about average or maybe a bit below average. Looking at the E-75, 1600 damage wouldn't be terrible to have on my team, but it might be nice to set your goals a little higher than your current stats. Getting every single tier 9 before you progress to tier 10 is not at all necessary, but I think it is useful to have a nice grip on the playstyle of the previous tank before moving on. It does you or your team no favors if you get up to tier 10 before you are ready, and then proceed to get everyone frustrated. 

Edit: Tier X is not some big scary step into the dark, nor is it the ultimate destination. It is just a progression up in tiers. Tier 10 is the top, but that doesn't mean that suddenly you will face unicum toons every single game. You will have to raise your play a bit to hold your own, yes, but that is the case with every other tier. Don't let yourself get too intimidated or too hyped up.

Again, this is all based on what you prefer, but since you have taken the initiative to come here and seek out advice, I would suggest you set some concrete goals for you tier 9 performance. You seem to have a decent grasp on tier 8, so tier 9 is the next frontier for you to conquer. This is all what I see from your stats, as obviously I haven't had the privilege of playing with you.

Any more questions, feel free to shoot them over.

Thanks!

I’ll start by making 2k average damage in tier IX my first goal, and stick with playing heavies for now, as I don’t do so well in some of those TDs.

And I don’t toon much, but maybe I’ll see you in a battle sometime!

tankeatingtiger #4 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:35 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 29567 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostNastyShrimp5, on 19 July 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

Thanks!

I’ll start by making 2k average damage in tier IX my first goal, and stick with playing heavies for now, as I don’t do so well in some of those TDs.

And I don’t toon much, but maybe I’ll see you in a battle sometime!

Sounds like a good goal. And yes, playing only a select few tanks usually helps you refine your playstyle.

Hope you are on the green team. Good luck out there.

http://forum.wotblit...ms/TET Project/

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

tanker070 #5 Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:28 AM

You rig some, you lose some

• Players
  • 61258 battles
  • [BDSMR]

It can be hard managing credits when you start (especially on non-prem account, u really need to know before hitting purchase button)

Even if u don't have any intention to buy X tier, I would watch for seasonal sales to come and buy them then.

Play them when you can fully afford all the equipment + consumables.

Grind to 100% crew at X is even more annoying... But at least u don't have to research modules in many.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

_The_Tactition_ #6 Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:25 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 26749 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Welcome! Firstly, don’t fall into the trap of selling a tank to buy a higher tier one. It’s unsustainable. I highly recommend buying a premium tank for gold when an offer comes. This will earn you enough credits to be sustainable. Tier 8 heavies are usually the way to go. As for tier 10, the heavy meta is in full force. Tanks such as the IS4, T110E5, Maus, all thrive. They will let you make more mistakes, but won’t save you. As a rule of thumb, go for 200 damage per tier. This means you’re basically doing your tank’s hit points in damage. At 1,600, your E75 is pretty close to 1800! It’s possible, as my E75 is around 2,200. Just learning the game more and being patient will allow you to do better and better! May rng be on your side in the constant fight against the reds.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

NastyShrimp5 #7 Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3042 battles
  • [SSB1]
Thanks everyone! This is all great stuff to know; I only regret not coming here sooner!

rosgrim #8 Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 98255 battles
  • [COD]

welcome to the forum.

You are a smart player and you already understood this is not a race to jump as fast as you can in higher tiers.

Why this is a good rule ?

Because the highest is the tier the highest are the odds that your mistake will effect dramatically your performance (to make it simple it is because there are a lot of powerful guns in those tiers).

Therefore the situation awareness and the "art" of positioning your tank during the battle is essential in T9-10.

It is not only the WR: as general rule I think each tank/tier should require a good number of battles that is not less than 100 (you know experience counts also in this game) and I would say also that you mastered at the least once the tank (M ace mastery).

The WR (and ANY other indicator) in a small number of battle is not a reliable indicator.

This not means that you have to do at the least 100 battles for each tank: choose the tank type you feel more comfortable (heavy ?) and try to maximize the situation awareness/average DMG and EXP/WN8 with that tank in lower tier (6-8), get a M ace then you will get a solid experience and skills to go up tiers.

To be more specific: you are considering the E75 but I saw in te Tiger II you had few battles and pretty poor performances. Neither a 1st class mastery. That means that you are performing way worse than others in that tank. The Tiger at this moment is probably the best heavy at T8, may be one the best heavy of the game. So for me it means that you need more experience before to get into T9-10. I don't think you will get that in the 75.

Not judging here: I'm just talking based on the mistakes I did.

Then it is your choice.

Good luck and have fun !

Edited by rosgrim, 20 July 2020 - 05:01 AM.

NastyShrimp5 #9 Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3042 battles
  • [SSB1]

View Postrosgrim, on 19 July 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

To be more specific: you are considering the E75 but I saw in te Tiger II you had few battles and pretty poor performances. Neither a 1st class mastery. That means that you are performing way worse than others in that tank. The Tiger at this moment is probably the best heavy at T8, may be one the best heavy of the game. So for me it means that you need more experience before to get into T9-10. I don't think you will get that in the 75.

Ah yes, the Tiger II...

I admit that when I first played it, I rushed through it, my only goal to get to the tier X, regardless of the trail of anger and destruction I left in my wake (in a bad way). In fact, only two or three days ago did I realize that I’d been playing it with stock modules the whole time. Only once I reached the E-75 did I begin to understand that it’s not a race, and I should probably slow down... Whoops.

However, that’s no excuse for me just being a bad player in it, and I will most certainly improve my Tiger II performance before I advance tiers.

Thanks, BTW!

RonaldusMaximus_ #10 Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:22 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [III-C]
For whats it's worth, I have 7 Tier X tanks. 4 I have never even played except in event modes.  The three I do play, well lets just say if this was dodgeball, I would not be one of the first 5 players any captain would pick.  I stay away from tier X because I like to keep my friends.

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 20 July 2020 - 01:44 PM.

bwcamp #11 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8234 battles
  • [WOY1]
Try to enjoy the tank you're in, don't rush through it. You have less than 50 battles in the E 75, try to get more than that before researching the next tank. Usually if you get used to a tank, the next one will be similar. Tiger 2 to E 75 was a pretty easy transition for me, I played them the same way and I did ok. Tiger 1 to Tiger 2 was not the same. Kv-2 to KV-3 was not easy.
The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Texas_Tyrant #12 Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:01 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12727 battles
  • [UTC]

I haven't made the jump to X yet either, and I have 10K battles. The little I play in X I feel pressured and sometimes too macho. I do stupid things, screw up, and perform worse than I usually do. I can get the T110E5 right now, but I want to do better in my M103 first. I'm grinding the Standard B and will get the Progetto soon. The Sheridan I got to a 51% WR then I left it there. Maybe I had a bad impression, but when I did play X and I did great, my team screwed up leaving me. Should I just make the jump? Dive into it and hope for the best?

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

NastyShrimp5 #13 Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3042 battles
  • [SSB1]
Thank you all again for the helpful responses; they are much appreciated! I will be sure to put them all to use.

Nathanronco #14 Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:15 PM

Forum Dweller

• Players
  • 17697 battles
  • [BOMV]
The issue for me is that no matter how hard I try, no matter how many YouTube videos I watch, I just cannot perform well in tier 10. It's not like I'm uneducated; I watch dozens of videos before I even decide what tier 10 to go for. I can perform pretty well in other tiers, averaging 50+ WR and good damage per tier, it just seems like I hit tier 10 and I flop. I have 8 tier tens, and I've barely touched them since I've got them. I honestly just don't understand it.
pretty fancy sig here don't ya think

bwcamp #15 Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8234 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostNathanronco, on 20 July 2020 - 08:15 PM, said:

The issue for me is that no matter how hard I try, no matter how many YouTube videos I watch, I just cannot perform well in tier 10. It's not like I'm uneducated; I watch dozens of videos before I even decide what tier 10 to go for. I can perform pretty well in other tiers, averaging 50+ WR and good damage per tier, it just seems like I hit tier 10 and I flop. I have 8 tier tens, and I've barely touched them since I've got them. I honestly just don't understand it.

I sold my T-62A, but I really want E 100. Just for the big bad boy gun. Although I agree, I do pretty good at tier 9 and below, but tier 10 I somehow don't succeed very well. I have 1780 average damage on my E 75, but on T62-A only have 1840. 

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Boomer625 #16 Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15061 battles
  • [MARDR]

View Postbwcamp, on 20 July 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

I sold my T-62A, but I really want E 100. Just for the big bad boy gun. Although I agree, I do pretty good at tier 9 and below, but tier 10 I somehow don't succeed very well. I have 1780 average damage on my E 75, but on T62-A only have 1840. 

E100 is truly good just because I always think its a mouse. then I get blapped with 600 alpha

Meds at t10 are truly unforgiving... even some tanks are able to go through the m48's turret armor, which it needs for hull down

Edited by Boomer625, 21 July 2020 - 06:59 PM.

bwcamp #17 Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8234 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostBoomer625, on 21 July 2020 - 06:58 PM, said:

E100 is truly good just because I always think its a mouse. then I get blapped with 600 alpha

Meds at t10 are truly unforgiving... even some tanks are able to go through the m48's turret armor, which it needs for hull down

T-62A is a beast hull down, and it does have really troll armor. It's not that I do horrible in it, it's that I don't do good enough to "win". It may be a win, but I don't get enough credits to make a profit.

- EL_Din_1946

Texas_Tyrant #18 Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:24 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12727 battles
  • [UTC]

Im at a 44% WR in the M103. I would like it to be at 50%+ before I get the T110E5. I have 240 xp to grind though so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to improve that WR;)

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I have 70-ish battles in it as of now and a DR of .88 or 1500 dmg a battle. I'm sure this will improve though. Today I had a 4.5K dmg loss today:angry:

I like fast tanks with gun down and turret armor. Any recommendations? That's why I haven't tried the Russian/Chinese meds with their 5 deg. depression.

T-62A worth the grind? Don't want to grind it and it gets nerfed.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

bwcamp #19 Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8234 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 21 July 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

Im at a 44% WR in the M103. I would like it to be at 50%+ before I get the T110E5. I have 240 xp to grind though so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to improve that WR;)

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I have 70-ish battles in it as of now and a DR of .88 or 1500 dmg a battle. I'm sure this will improve though. Today I had a 4.5K dmg loss today:angry:

I like fast tanks with gun down and turret armor. Any recommendations? That's why I haven't tried the Russian/Chinese meds with their 5 deg. depression.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

It was worth the grind for me. Troll armor, accurate, pretty mobile, good dpm, ect. It's good hull down, cause of that troll turret armor, though I think the cupola can be penned.

- EL_Din_1946

Nathanronco #20 Posted 22 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

Forum Dweller

• Players
  • 17697 battles
  • [BOMV]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 21 July 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

While the line isn't especially forgiving, the M48 Patton is the tank for you. 9 degrees of gun depression and a rock-solid turret makes for the perfect hull down tank. It's not amazing on the mobility though, only 48 km/h, but it gets where it needs to.

pretty fancy sig here don't ya think

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users