SU-122-44

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dirk_The_Dragon_Slayer #1 Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33304 battles
  • [F-M-J]

I'm in need of help for this tank. I've had it for a while (I think I won it in a crate), but rarely ever play it since I struggle to get wins and I just seemed to not be able to function well in it. My stats are abysmal.

I found some old Dogger videos on it, but not much else in the way of game play, etc., plus the videos are years old, so I'm not sure how up to date they are.

Any tips? I'd even take your equipment loadout.

Texas_Tyrant #2 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:27 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12727 battles
  • [UTC]

As top tier you can really bully tier 6 meds and lights in it, they can not pen you at all unless they use gold. Use it 2nd line obviously as it is a TD. If needed though you can push with the heavies using your team mates at meat shields to conserve hp. (I'm not talking about you Meat_Shield, aka B5)

When bottom tier play it back. Go the med route where you can get shots to pen. You will have a really hard time penning tier 8 heavies.  Try to get side shots in, as stated you will not pen their fronts at all. If there is nothing you can do and you are facing them frontally, go for the tracks. At least you will stop them and give your team time to pump in damage.

It has good armor frontally if it is on a slope above the enemy, try baiting and bouncing a shot. It has decent alpha and dpm as well, use it. You are getting about 3 shots in a battle then dying. 998 damage a battle is not high enough at tier 7. You need to be doing about 1400 as that is what many of the tier 7 heavies have hp wise. You have played 9.5k battles in TD's, you (should) know where the TD spots are at. Use them and sometimes dont go to them, go somewhere the enemy doesn't expect.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Boomer625 #3 Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15027 battles
  • [MARDR]
manged to fight off two meds in it grinding them up a rock and blasting them with HE

Valkyrie04 #4 Posted 22 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4312 battles
  • [FL-LT]
Just use your camo, dpm and mobility, and you should be ok, once you get the grip on it, becomes very simple

Amm0rat #5 Posted 23 July 2020 - 10:27 PM

this is bob, The Gold Spamming Ape

• Players
  • 23998 battles
  • [PURPL]
A frustrating tank that I also won out of a crate. I rage sold it because it just sucks in my opinion. The armor only works against lower tiered meds and lights who don't have the brain cells to switch to prammo. The gun is very russian; it's unreliable and the penetration is okay. Your best way of playing this tank is to bully mediums or lights. Don't frontline it, but play it as a second line assault gun. Don't take unnecessary damage. If you are bottom tiered, be willing to switch to APCR because your AP penetration isn't going to work against tier 8 heavies. 

Viper8757NC #6 Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26694 battles
  • [III-S]

Terrible tier 7 TD.  Gun is so unreliable that the 122-44 is effectively neutered.  I won’t play it anymore.  Hard to believe WG hasn’t addressed this POS, purchase for gold TD.  It’s a joke.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users