• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

bwcamp #21 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8234 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostDoilky, on 02 August 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

Run Calibrated shells to get your HE pen up.

run Enhance gun laying drive to get your aim time down

run vertical stabilizer to get your aim time down. 

Your aim time is garbage, do what you can to help it. 

Refined gun would be great, but it's going to take forever to aim in so it will never be helpful. 

Super charge would be great because your shell velocity is trash, but if you can't aim at a target, it will never matter how fast the shell gets there. 

Your reload is trash, so gun rammer would be great, but really the KV2 is rarely shooting on reload, you want your shells to penetrate so calibrated shells is the answer. 

pick and choose whatever other equipment to use. 

I run double food and top fuel. 

I run adrenaline and the two repair packs.  A good argument could be made for running engine boost as this tank really suffers from it's poor mobility. 

Don't front line this tank, stay close to hard cover so you can reload without being deleted.  Your gun will troll you, and you will miss plenty of shots even when fully aimed in.    Most of the time I feel like a KV2 is a detriment to my team, and much prefer to see them on red.  It's a hard tank to play, especially for inexperienced players who are often impatient. Most folks seem to play it for the meme of 1 shot derps.  Most folks fail, and drag their team down. 

Learn to switch ammo types, HE is your friend, but not always.  You will need to know how to identify those situations and use the correct ammo. 

I agree. Calibrated over gun rammer. I'd rather have a higher potential to one shot, than take 300-400 off and reload faster, especially when you're higher tier. And when you're low tier that extra HE pen will help somewhat. I run with the meds, if you're top tier, push forward guns a'blazing. Your armor is trash, but against tier 5 lights and meds it might bounce a few shots. If you play it correctly, it's a great tank to have on your team, but if you don't(which most people do) it's "hot garbage"(as some people say). 

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Hye_yeon_Cho #22 Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]

View PostDoilky, on 02 August 2020 - 07:54 PM , said:

Run Calibrated shells to get your HE pen up.

run Enhance gun laying drive to get your aim time down

run vertical stabilizer to get your aim time down. 

Your aim time is garbage, do what you can to help it. 

Refined gun would be great, but it's going to take forever to aim in so it will never be helpful. 

Super charge would be great because your shell velocity is trash, but if you can't aim at a target, it will never matter how fast the shell gets there. 

Your reload is trash, so gun rammer would be great, but really the KV2 is rarely shooting on reload, you want your shells to penetrate so calibrated shells is the answer. 

pick and choose whatever other equipment to use. 

I run double food and top fuel. 

I run adrenaline and the two repair packs.  A good argument could be made for running engine boost as this tank really suffers from it's poor mobility. 

Don't front line this tank, stay close to hard cover so you can reload without being deleted.  Your gun will troll you, and you will miss plenty of shots even when fully aimed in.    Most of the time I feel like a KV2 is a detriment to my team, and much prefer to see them on red.  It's a hard tank to play, especially for inexperienced players who are often impatient. Most folks seem to play it for the meme of 1 shot derps.  Most folks fail, and drag their team down. 

Learn to switch ammo types, HE is your friend, but not always.  You will need to know how to identify those situations and use the correct ammo. 

Now this is really perfect. Exactly what I need, thanks!

JakeCCP #23 Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:28 AM

Private

• Players
  • 17707 battles
  • [TDP]

I've been playing this tank for several years.  Started really poorly.  Took 2000 games to get above 40%.  Cruised to 51% and then the nerfing began.  First the increase in med and light tanks armor cause they cried over the big gun derping them.  Then the introduction of the Smasher, Gravedigger, then the Thunder, now the Eraser.  All are "special" tanks that have no place in the game.   Yes my armor bumped up by 300hps but so did everyone else's.  Yes KV2 can do great damage, however it's frustratingly slow to maneuver, takes days to reload and can't hit a tank at 50m.  So yes, while the derping is great it's not like it happens every game.  

Now I'm approaching my 12000 game in the tank.  In my last 3 games I had a combined 6 shoots bounce or "go right through".  I bounced 2 off the right and left front corners of an SU-100Y both types of armor piercing, went right thought the side of an M4A2E3 with standard armor piercing, and went "right through" an ARL with HE.  Not to mention bouncing an armor piercing off the tracks of a KV1S.  Now, I'll give some credit to the other players for turning and positioning, but it's getting out of hand.  It's a 152 caliber gun.  It should always produce some damage. 

The KV2 is supposed to be the big gun on the field.  And it's supposed to do massive amounts of damage.  But along with that comes the lack of speed, the reload time and the aiming time.  But recently it's become very difficult to play.  Meet a Gravedigger or Smasher head on...just give up.  Even a thunder can reload faster and at 400+ hps your almost done. 

KV2 needs a boost.  Get rid of the ridiculous pretend tanks and go back to real battles.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users