Which of the German Guns?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BlackBeltBlitzer #1 Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 939 battles

So right now I’m grinding up the German tech tree up to tier 6. On four different vehicles (Nashorn, Jagdpanzer IV, VK 30.01 P and VK 36.01 H,) there is a choice between a gun with faster reload and higher pen or a gun with more damage per shot. I’m thinking about doing higher pen for the TDs and more damage for the turreted tanks. What do you all think? Thanks!

(On a funny side note, I was playing my newly bought Jagdpanzer IV yesterday and I saw a three shot VK 30.01 P. So I pull up in front of him and start shooting. I had the fast reload gun mounted, so I finished him very quickly. Then he pops up in chat calling me a hacker because I took 3 secs to reload and says he will report me. It made me laugh.)

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

andyllinger #2 Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:41 PM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 34979 battles
  • [MSTRY]
75 mm guns are very effective for the vk 36.01 and jagdpanzer IV, that dpm really makes them shine.

30 Tier X

tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:30 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 28360 battles
  • [D2TH]
I would run the 8.8 on the Vk 30 and JG, gives them that extra punch without losing much. For the Vk 36 and Nashorn it is really up to you, both guns seem very nice, so it just depends on your playstyle.

Balance Change History Spreadsheet

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:58 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 62773 battles
  • [_V_]

So to preface, allow me to introduce you to the concept of "DPM", or Damage Per Minute, which is the amount of damage a gun will do on average per minute over an extended period of time, calculated by multiplying rate of fire by damage per shot. 

JgPz IV

Nashorn

VK 30.01P

VK 36.01H

On a sidenote, you may have noticed that sometimes, your tanks already came with some guns or engines already unlocked, even before you played the tank. This is because some tanks share these modules with other tanks. The easiest example of this is the 8,8cm KwK 36 L/56 (which is also the historically feared "88" on the Tiger) on the VK 36.01H and VK 30.01P. If you research a module on one tank, all modules with the exact same name will be unlocked on all tanks in the same nation. 

TL/DR (Too Long Didn't Read)

Also, use tank-compare.blitzstars.com for all your comparison needs. 

Edited by Posit1ve_, 31 July 2020 - 08:27 PM.

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

BlackBeltBlitzer #5 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 939 battles

View PostPosit1ve_, on 31 July 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

So to preface, allow me to introduce you to the concept of "DPM", or Damage Per Minute, which is the amount of damage a gun will do on average per minute over an extended period of time, calculated by multiplying rate of fire by damage per shot. 

JgPz IV

Nashorn

VK 30.01P

VK 36.01H

On a sidenote, you may have noticed that sometimes, your tanks already came with some guns or engines already unlocked, even before you played the tank. This is because some tanks share these modules with other tanks. The easiest example of this is the 8,8cm KwK 36 L/56 (which is also the historically feared "88" on the Tiger) on the VK 36.01H and VK 30.01P. If you research a module on one tank, all modules with the exact same name will be unlocked on all tanks in the same nation. 

TL/DR (Too Long Didn't Read)

Also, use tank-compare.blitzstars.com for all your comparison needs. 

Thank you very much! I was actually wondering about that whole thing of the guns seeming to research themselves. Thanks again!

Stay Strong and Tank On!

A proud owner of the Cockroach of Destruction and a Wallet Warrior In Training.

Hye_yeon_Cho #6 Posted 03 August 2020 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]
Mount the 88

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users