Polish Heavy Tanks?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

bwcamp #21 Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8815 battles

View PostDoilky, on 15 August 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

So what sort of unique game play does the Polish Heavy Line bring to the game?  What makes them special and desirable? 

if we only add tanks that bring something new to the game, we'll run out of tanks to add.

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

daREAL_trainboi #22 Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:20 AM

The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

• Players
  • 17046 battles
  • [PRD]

View Postbwcamp, on 15 August 2020 - 11:43 PM, said:

if we only add tanks that bring something new to the game, we'll run out of tanks to add.

Essentially a derp gun on a Soviet hull for the Tier X, the tier IX is like a mini IS-7 with a 130mm.

bwcamp #23 Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8815 battles

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 15 August 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

Essentially a derp gun on a Soviet hull for the Tier X, the tier IX is like a mini IS-7 with a 130mm.

good...to..know? I didn't ask a question, but ok :)

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Ampro #24 Posted 22 October 2020 - 05:02 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5400 battles

This would be a wonderful idea and sonce wg is not gonna add the type 5 heavy line(I think)

to wot blitz so yeah i think wg should add the polish heavies

Meat_Locker #25 Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:21 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 70206 battles
  • [TOWN]

These "add new tanks" threads are curious to me.

I assume that WG can do more than one thing at a time. Perhaps they could work on tanks whilst also doing things that were more substantive. I mean, how many more tanks do we need in order to make the game and individual matches more compelling?

I just don't think that new tank lines do much beyond short term stimulus of the game. WG does seem to think & plan no more than a few months out. It doesn't feel like a company with any sort of 1-to-3-year product management plan.

So, more tanks to the game... Big Whoop. You see what they do when they can't think of anything that is truly novel & within the scope of the game's established rules? We get stupid stuff like Smashers, Annihilators, UltraMoron Predadumpsters and things that have steered this formerly WWII (and realistic) tank game far from its origins.

When they do introduce new & realistic vehicles, they often upset the order of the force by making them overly strong and then balancing them downwards (Sheridan line, British lights, etc.) This is likely intentional but not for the reason I often hear; that it is easier and more productive to get a feel for performance when something is overpowered. This makes no sense on the face of it. Tanks can, rather self-evidently, be balanced in any way as they are all cartoons and are therefore pliable and subject to any whim, change or fancy.

What should not be subject to capricious adaptation is the rule set of the game unless a special mode is created (Moon Mode, Monster Mode, Mad Mode, Moron Mode, etc.)

The reason new lines & Premium tanks come out over-powered is rather more plausibly due to to wanting to create excitement in the short term.

A more engaging experience, things of greater substance and more 'stickiness', could be created. Better & more maps with greater variety add substantially to the game in the long-term. Again, long-term pops up. This is a bit of a pattern. 
Perhaps they could spend a couple of months balancing the tiers again and then communicating what their plans are strategies are for each tier or block of 3 tiers? Nothing makes sense anymore and we just have to guess. Frankly, a company this opaque is new and unique to me. Their CRM (Customer Relationship Managment) is pretty poor and not for lack of money. They make their choices in near complete darkness for the majority of us and we just have to take it. 

I've sung this song too many times now. Even I'm tired of it. I simply wish for greater richness in the game. The kind of depth that won't come from yet some new/cookie-cutter/OP/fantasy vehicle. 

daREAL_trainboi #26 Posted 17 July 2021 - 03:37 AM

The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

• Players
  • 17046 battles
  • [PRD]

update:

polish heavies confirmed, no need for this thread anymore lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users