Jump to content


Buff needed / How to play the VK168

Vk168 Superheavy

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: How should it be buffed (7 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

How should the vk168 get buffed

  1. Armour behind the track wheels (1 vote [14.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.29%

  2. Copula (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. Traverse spd (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. 1+2 (1 vote [14.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.29%

  5. All if the above (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.57%

  6. None, Doesn't need a buff (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Hide poll

CommanderSean_2014 #1 Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:18 AM

    Yukari Ma Best Waifu

  • Players
  • 15697 battles
  • 447
  • [RELIC]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

How tf do u play the tank

Every shot received in the track pens , tracking me and doing dmg

The copula gets penned even by stock panthers or su152 he

Spd and traverse is slower than vk100

Armour worse than vk100

Why would u get the tank if u have vk100

 


  A   Proud        

  Taiwanese     

1011921428

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 

 

Morphman_ #2 Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:22 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37180 battles
  • 3,372
  • [WEAK]
  • Member since:
    08-15-2014
It doesn’t need a buff. Just a player that happens to use their brain.

#1 Hated Target of the Censorship Bureau

They hate my good hygiene

And despise the vocal stylings of David Lee Roth


CommanderSean_2014 #3 Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:30 AM

    Yukari Ma Best Waifu

  • Players
  • 15697 battles
  • 447
  • [RELIC]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View PostHillary_Loves_Wayfair, on 27 August 2020 - 05:22 AM, said:

It doesn’t need a buff. Just a player that happens to use their brain.

I'm not an unicum but im pretty sure i know how to play my superheavies.

I got a 55 winrate in my mauschen and 62 in my maus. 


  A   Proud        

  Taiwanese     

1011921428

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 

 

Dan_Deerso #4 Posted 27 August 2020 - 05:49 AM

    Tankologist

  • Players
  • 29053 battles
  • 4,089
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2013

Well, the 168.01 looks like it's balanced the way old premiums were balanced, as in, slightly worse than the tech tree equivalent but makes more credits. Which is good, and all premium tanks should be balanced that way. But they aren't and tier 8 quick tourneys are swamped with basically nothing but premiums, with an odd Tiger 2 or ISU-152 thrown in.



Boomer625 #5 Posted 27 August 2020 - 06:24 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15480 battles
  • 725
  • [MARDR]
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017

View PostCommanderSean_2014, on 26 August 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

How tf do u play the tank

Every shot received in the track pens , tracking me and doing dmg

The copula gets penned even by stock panthers or su152 he

Spd and traverse is slower than vk100

Armour worse than vk100

Why would u get the tank if u have vk100

 

 

The German engineers made a mistake- they mounted the manus turret backwards and gave the rear of the hull the frontal armor and flipped everything backwards.

 

but at least it earns credits!



bwcamp #6 Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:17 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8615 battles
  • 1,097
  • [MOD3]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016
Get better


The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946
 

Chariot_Solace #7 Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:10 AM

    Stug Life

  • Players
  • 55883 battles
  • 3,104
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016
You should always check the armor profile and hidden statistics of any tank before you buy it here: https://blitzhangar.com/en and/or here: https://tank-compare.blitzstars.com/. As you can see there is only 60mm of inner side armor behind the drive wheels, which is abhorrent for a super heavy and the cupola is only 120mm. It is indeed a worse VK100, but now you won’t make that mistake again. Other hidden statistics that can ruin a tank are dispersion factors while moving and turning the turn aka bloom which can make or break your gun handling regardless of what the final dispersion number is, and terrain resistance factors which can make a huge difference to mobility for better or worse.

Garage: 251 Tier Xs: 28 Lines I'm Grinding: 7 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 93 Premium/Collector Tanks: 145 Aced: 296/309

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace


_BobaFett #8 Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:25 AM

    Bounty Hunter

  • Players
  • 17780 battles
  • 1,538
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018
WG already provided a solution to this tank, it's called the VK 100.01 (P).

Formerly known as "Nathanronco".

 

Last battle: 28d ago

 

Retired from Blitz, just hang around the forums these days.


RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:47 AM

    Self-Righteous Prick, and Physics Denier

  • Players
  • 18563 battles
  • 5,075
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
If you cannot control something as simple as your language when making a forum topic, I doubt you can control something as complex as a tank.

 


tedg5 #10 Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:52 AM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 58736 battles
  • 6,048
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Looks like your poll missed an option “doesn’t need a buff”. Based on the above replies, I’d guess that would be the winner. :great:

_Crusader6_ #11 Posted 27 August 2020 - 01:51 PM

    There is no Society- go back to sleep.

  • Players
  • 72266 battles
  • 16,198
  • [-EXP-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

Is it great no, but even before the massive HP buff it got it was a pretty easy tank to get above 60% solo.

 

 


 

 
Tank Hoarder: 429 tanks in Garage:  440/440 Played Tanks Aced
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


Hye_yeon_Cho #12 Posted 27 August 2020 - 03:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 954 battles
  • 465
  • Member since:
    09-22-2019

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 27 August 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

If you cannot control something as simple as your language when making a forum topic, I doubt you can control something as complex as a tank.

 



TengenToppaPotatoLagann #13 Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:06 PM

    ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

  • Players
  • 63952 battles
  • 4,097
  • [RNG_Y]
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

Well if you can't trust the armor, don't put your tank in situations where you need to. 

 

Hull down, use hard cover, don't poke without a shell ready, etc... 

 

I have no idea what you're doing wrong with it - it's just a big brick with a 12,8cm cannon... Tank is a beaut

 

I wish I had the same grasp on my 252u... Now that tank I have no idea how to manage


#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.


Noob666_ #14 Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:13 AM

    usles

  • Players
  • 10340 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    10-28-2018

You ignored the most helpful tip.

 

 

Spoiler

 


The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

CommanderSean_2014 #15 Posted 29 August 2020 - 10:20 AM

    Yukari Ma Best Waifu

  • Players
  • 15697 battles
  • 447
  • [RELIC]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View PostChariot_Solace, on 27 August 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

You should always check the armor profile and hidden statistics of any tank before you buy it here: https://blitzhangar.com/en and/or here: https://tank-compare.blitzstars.com/. As you can see there is only 60mm of inner side armor behind the drive wheels, which is abhorrent for a super heavy and the cupola is only 120mm. It is indeed a worse VK100, but now you won’t make that mistake again. Other hidden statistics that can ruin a tank are dispersion factors while moving and turning the turn aka bloom which can make or break your gun handling regardless of what the final dispersion number is, and terrain resistance factors which can make a huge difference to mobility for better or worse.

Yeah lve been heshed (the copula)

And the horrid track wheels complete negate sidescraping.

They just pen your tracks and do dmg with even stock guns


  A   Proud        

  Taiwanese     

1011921428

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 

 





Also tagged with Vk168, Superheavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users