When are we gonna start doing something about "chill/date" rooms? I feel as if it is an impo...

Concerns Training Rooms Important

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Kyredog #1 Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21655 battles
  • [WIN1]

Now I get it, people wanna relax, that I understand... but "dating" rooms?? Don't kids play this game? I've encountered a fair few sketchy situations within these rooms, while looking into them... I've followed some players between rooms where they will say they are one age, and the next room they switch it up (this applies to player's genders too). I find it kind of disgusting... and whenever I show my friends this game, and they see these rooms, it instantly turns them away from the game. I remember one room in particular, where the description stated "horny, looking for gf, im 11. shoot means kiss"

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I know rooms like that exist where children are being preyed upon... and frankly I think something needs to be done about this. This isn't a game for people to date ANONYMOUSLY, this is a game about TANKS.

I really want people to see this, as this is an issue I’ve noticed since the launch of training rooms. I’ve only recently come back to play the game again, and I’ve seen it again, and wanted to say something about it.

Fat_platypus #2 Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 366 battles
  • [LMFA0]
Agreed.....training rooms are a sick joke.

NastyShrimp5 #3 Posted 02 September 2020 - 03:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2689 battles
  • [SSB1]

I despise “date” rooms as well. I’ve also seen “political“ rooms (“so-and-so for president!”), which bugs me to no end. Why bring politics into this too? Ugh...

I like Training Rooms for testing my ping, checking out my new tanks, etc.

Edited by NastyShrimp5, 02 September 2020 - 03:19 AM.

BorisBaddenov #4 Posted 02 September 2020 - 03:34 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Now I get it, people wanna relax, that I understand... but "dating" rooms?? Don't kids play this game? I've encountered a fair few sketchy situations within these rooms, while looking into them... I've followed some players between rooms where they will say they are one age, and the next room they switch it up (this applies to player's genders too). I find it kind of disgusting... and whenever I show my friends this game, and they see these rooms, it instantly turns them away from the game. I remember one room in particular, where the description stated "horny, looking for gf, im 11. shoot means kiss"

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I know rooms like that exist where children are being preyed upon... and frankly I think something needs to be done about this. This isn't a game for people to date ANONYMOUSLY, this is a game about TANKS.

I really want people to see this, as this is an issue I’ve noticed since the launch of training rooms. I’ve only recently come back to play the game again, and I’ve seen it again, and wanted to say something about it.

Who is 'we' ?

Peace-

Boris

Edit - who's your best champion in Raid?

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 02 September 2020 - 03:34 AM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Markus_The0 #5 Posted 02 September 2020 - 03:36 AM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 24151 battles
  • [KRNY_]
I absolutely agree. To entertain dating/relationship stuff of any sort in this game should be a breach of WG policy, if it isn't already. (Discussing politics already is a breach of WG rule policy.) There's so much potential for deeply bad things to happen with such training rooms. I, also, am very uncomfortable with it. Legit training rooms can be very useful and fun, but I'd suggest any room related to sexual/dating/political topics or situations should be against game rules, should be report-able, and should be subject to WarGaming warnings, bannings, and account suspensions.

Edited by Markus_The0, 02 September 2020 - 03:38 AM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

CatFromMars11 #6 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:02 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2266 battles
  • [LEGO_]
It’s really a problem. Maybe they should do it like in wowsb where you can only invite friends.

BorisBaddenov #7 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:03 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 01 September 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

I absolutely agree. To entertain dating/relationship stuff of any sort in this game should be a breach of WG policy, if it isn't already. (Discussing politics already is a breach of WG rule policy.) There's so much potential for deeply bad things to happen with such training rooms. I, also, am very uncomfortable with it. Legit training rooms can be very useful and fun, but I'd suggest any room related to sexual/dating/political topics or situations should be against game rules, should be report-able, and should be subject to WarGaming warnings, bannings, and account suspensions.

Those types of rooms are reportable - so report them.  Make sure to take screen shots.

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Kyredog #8 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:13 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21655 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 September 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

Those types of rooms are reportable - so report them.  Make sure to take screen shots.

Peace-

Boris

While I understand that, they have been an issue since the launch of the training rooms. People make other accounts just for them... The reports just don't seem to be helping.

Chiefmac #9 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55227 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostNastyShrimp5, on 01 September 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

I despise “date” rooms as well. I’ve also seen “political“ rooms (“so-and-so for president!”), which bugs me to no end. Why bring politics into this too? Ugh...

I like Training Rooms for testing my ping, checking out my new tanks, etc.

My thoughts too. Pro athletes have ruined pro sports with their endless, mindless buffoonery. Let’s not let that happen to Blitz !

BorisBaddenov #10 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:28 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

While I understand that, they have been an issue since the launch of the training rooms. People make other accounts just for them... The reports just don't seem to be helping.

It is certainly not a priority for WG.  Not sure why you really care so much.  But if you do - then you need to be reporting those rooms. 

Peace-

Boris

Absolute_Sniper #11 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44853 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Y’all realize these rooms are filled with adolescent males with a few pretending to be female. If you don’t like em, don’t visit em. Who are we to infringe on their whatever it is they do in there. It’s not yours, mine or anyone other than these kids parents that should be paying attention to them. I’d love to see a single instance of these rooms ever amounting to anything other than kids playing make believe with tanks. Now should you decide to lead the crusade against these rooms and manage to get training rooms banned, (because that’s the only way to eliminate them, I know several clans that would be furious over being unable to train in a game environment. Secondly, I for one do not wish to see these knuckle heads on my team or in my games at all.

TLDR: lighten up Francis, they don’t actually hurt anything.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Kyredog #12 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21655 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 September 2020 - 11:28 PM, said:

It is certainly not a priority for WG.  Not sure why you really care so much.  But if you do - then you need to be reporting those rooms. 

Peace-

Boris

I really just care because I have a brother who plays this game as well, he is only 11 (thats why the one example of a room I gave really stuck out for me). So when I see stuff like this it really ticks me off. If that doesn't makes sense to you still I completely understand, but because of my circumstances I just feel obligated to do something about it because I don't know what he does on the game (since im not watching him), and for all I know he may fall victim to something without me knowing at all.

CatFromMars11 #13 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2266 battles
  • [LEGO_]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

I really just care because I have a brother who plays this game as well, he is only 11 (thats why the one example of a room I gave really stuck out for me). So when I see stuff like this it really ticks me off. If that doesn't makes sense to you still I completely understand, but because of my circumstances I just feel obligated to do something about it because I don't know what he does on the game (since im not watching him), and for all I know he may fall victim to something without me knowing at all.

same. i would rather keep my siblings away from this stuff. We need a training room police or something 

BorisBaddenov #14 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:44 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 09:38 PM, said:

I am only trying to point out that posting here will do absolutely nothing about the types of training rooms you are worried about.  WG doesnt read these forums, nor do they really care to police their training rooms, or other parts of their game for that matter.  They rely 100% on the player base to report offensive behavior, and without those reports not a darn thing will happen.

Peace-

Boris

Kyredog #15 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:44 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21655 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 01 September 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

Y’all realize these rooms are filled with adolescent males with a few pretending to be female. If you don’t like em, don’t visit em. Who are we to infringe on their whatever it is they do in there. It’s not yours, mine or anyone other than these kids parents that should be paying attention to them. I’d love to see a single instance of these rooms ever amounting to anything other than kids playing make believe with tanks. Now should you decide to lead the crusade against these rooms and manage to get training rooms banned, (because that’s the only way to eliminate them, I know several clans that would be furious over being unable to train in a game environment. Secondly, I for one do not wish to see these knuckle heads on my team or in my games at all.

TLDR: lighten up Francis, they don’t actually hurt anything.

I don't wanna just blow off training rooms, but like another user mentioned above, why not make them invite only? It's a start, but just simply saying "dont worry about what they are doing let their parents handle it" seems wrong to me. Children aren't the smartest, and parents nowadays don't have all that much power over what a kid may do in their free time, especially with everything being online now. I don't mean to offend you at all but I just don't think the idea of ignoring it is responsible or safe for those who may fall victim to it.

Kyredog #16 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:46 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21655 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 September 2020 - 11:44 PM, said:

I am only trying to point out that posting here will do absolutely nothing about the types of training rooms you are worried about.  WG doesnt read these forums, nor do they really care to police their training rooms, or other parts of their game for that matter.  They rely 100% on the player base to report offensive behavior, and without those reports not a darn thing will happen.

Peace-

Boris

Is there any way of reaching out to them besides reporting, like email? (legitimate question) The report feature may work, but I feel like it isnt working enough.

BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:46 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

I don't wanna just blow off training rooms, but like another user mentioned above, why not make them invite only? It's a start, but just simply saying "dont worry about what they are doing let their parents handle it" seems wrong to me. Children aren't the smartest, and parents nowadays don't have all that much power over what a kid may do in their free time, especially with everything being online now. I don't mean to offend you at all but I just don't think the idea of ignoring it is responsible or safe for those who may fall victim to it.

If I had a young kid - say 11 - I would 100% know what they are doing online - period.   Any parent who doesnt  - is not being very responsible in my opinion.

Peace-

Boris

BorisBaddenov #18 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:47 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

Is there any way of reaching out to them besides reporting, like email? (legitimate question) The report feature may work, but I feel like it isnt working enough.

You need to send reports  that is the only thing they (WG) will pay attention to.

Peace-

Boris

Kyredog #19 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21655 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 September 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

You need to send reports  that is the only thing they (WG) will pay attention to.

Peace-

Boris

Well then it seems this whole thing is redundant.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 September 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

If I had a young kid - say 11 - I would 100% know what they are doing online - period.   Any parent who doesnt  - is not being very responsible in my opinion.

Peace-

Boris

That is why I say parents struggle to be responsible nowadays. We are entering a new technological era, and parents are in fact struggling to understand how to control their kids online. Either way it would be in the best interest of children, and the parents, to somehow fix this issue. Whether or not the parent is responsible we have no control, but wargaming does has control of what they can do with their game.

I guess from here I am going to try to find another way to do something about it, and yes I will keep reporting rooms like the ones I mentioned as an example. Thanks for all the feedback and replies though.

Edited by Kyredog, 02 September 2020 - 04:55 AM.

BorisBaddenov #20 Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:59 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

Well then it seems this whole thing is redundant.

That is why I say parents struggle to be responsible nowadays. We are entering a new technological era, and parents are in fact struggling to understand how to control their kids online. Either way it would be in the best interest of children, and the parents, to somehow fix this issue. Whether or not the parent is responsible we have no control, but wargaming does has control of what they can do with their game.

I guess from here I am going to try to find another way to do something about it, and yes I will keep reporting rooms like the ones I mentioned as an example. Thanks for all the feedback and replies though.

So you ascribe the responsibility of parenting to WG and not to the Parents?   You mention your younger brother is someone you are concerned about.  Seems to me that instead of talking to me about it, you need to be talking to your parents.  Tell them of the types of rooms that are here, and let them actually be parents and not by-standers.

Peace-

Boris

Also tagged with Concerns, Training Rooms, Important

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users