When are we gonna start doing something about "chill/date" rooms? I feel as if it is an impo...

Concerns Training Rooms Important

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Kyredog #21 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22176 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 September 2020 - 11:59 PM, said:

So you ascribe the responsibility of parenting to WG and not to the Parents?   You mention your younger brother is someone you are concerned about.  Seems to me that instead of talking to me about it, you need to be talking to your parents.  Tell them of the types of rooms that are here, and let them actually be parents and not by-standers.

Peace-

Boris

I already have, and I don't want to drag the mood down or go into my life, but my parents are not the greatest examples of parents in general... Hence why I am attempting to reach out to solve it another way.

Edit: I am also out of my family's household in a college, and I currently have no control over anything in the house, including what my brother does...

Edited by Kyredog, 02 September 2020 - 05:10 AM.

BorisBaddenov #22 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:10 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26964 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 10:07 PM, said:

I already have, and I don't want to drag the mood down or go into my life, but my parents are not the greatest examples of parents in general... Hence why I am attempting to reach out to solve it another way.

Report those rooms or don't.  Your call.

WG is not a viable substitute for your parents. Nor should they be.  

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Kyredog #23 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22176 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 02 September 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

WG is not a viable substitute for your parents. Nor should they be. 

I think you misunderstand, I just want them to do something about these kinds of rooms due to them appearing all the time and out of concern I have for people like my brother, and I am doing that by attempting to reach out in some way. I am not trying to "substitute" my parents with a corporation, and I already have my situation with my brother under control (from what I know at least), I've already spoken to my brother about these things, and I have been attempting to ensure he doesn't do anything irresponsible.

This is the first time I've known that wargaming doesnt look at these forums (which kind of disappoints me), and due to me being ignorant, I posted on here to attempt to get a response from them.

9_V0LT #24 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:31 AM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10641 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostKyredog, on 02 September 2020 - 02:47 AM, said:

Now I get it, people wanna relax, that I understand... but "dating" rooms?? Don't kids play this game? I've encountered a fair few sketchy situations within these rooms, while looking into them... I've followed some players between rooms where they will say they are one age, and the next room they switch it up (this applies to player's genders too). I find it kind of disgusting... and whenever I show my friends this game, and they see these rooms, it instantly turns them away from the game. I remember one room in particular, where the description stated "horny, looking for gf, im 11. shoot means kiss"

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I know rooms like that exist where children are being preyed upon... and frankly I think something needs to be done about this. This isn't a game for people to date ANONYMOUSLY, this is a game about TANKS.

I really want people to see this, as this is an issue I’ve noticed since the launch of training rooms. I’ve only recently come back to play the game again, and I’ve seen it again, and wanted to say something about it.

Tell me Karen -sorry, I meant Kyredog,  exactly how does this negatively affect your life?

Edited by 9_V0LT, 02 September 2020 - 05:34 AM.

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

Kyredog #25 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22176 battles
  • [WIN1]

View Post9_V0LT, on 02 September 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

Tell me Karen, exactly how does this negatively affect your life?

I can tell you didn't read any of what I said afterwards, because while it doesn't affect my life, it could have an affect on my brothers life, or someone else like him.

BorisBaddenov #26 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:36 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26964 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 10:33 PM, said:

I can tell you didn't read any of what I said afterwards, because while it doesn't affect my life, it could have an affect on my brothers life, or someone else like him.

and you want WG to be the parent.

Dude - you need a reality check.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Kyredog #27 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22176 battles
  • [WIN1]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 02 September 2020 - 12:36 AM, said:

and you want WG to be the parent.

Dude - you need a reality check.

Peace-

Boris

This post was never about me, and yet you've completely spun it around and made it that way.

Next time I'll know not to bring my concerns to this forum. Thanks guys.

Edited by Kyredog, 02 September 2020 - 05:54 AM.

daREAL_trainboi #28 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9108 battles
  • [UWU_]

Thanks Boris

Sidenote-I thought this forum was very interesting. I personally don't do training rooms all that often, but great stuff Kyredog. I keep away from those chill/date rooms and make my own private ones for runners vs rammers, slay the beast, etc.  Send these to Wargaming, and make them know about this stuff, because it's just not welcome in this game.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

daREAL_trainboi #29 Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9108 battles
  • [UWU_]

View PostKyredog, on 02 September 2020 - 02:47 AM, said:

This isn't a game for people to date ANONYMOUSLY, this is a game about TANKS.

Exactly.

:D

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

9_V0LT #30 Posted 02 September 2020 - 08:04 AM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10641 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostKyredog, on 02 September 2020 - 05:33 AM, said:

And what effect would that be, exactly?

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

originalmadkilla #31 Posted 02 September 2020 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16575 battles
  • [OMK]

I'm never in any training rooms and I couldn't care less about what takes place in them.:playing:

If I'm walking past a mental institution in real life, I'm not going to enter the building, and I see no reason to enter any training rooms in this game, which seems to be occupied by a lot of questionable weirdos.:justwait:

ZebraUp #32 Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:32 AM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 30055 battles
  • [_UF_]
I would not be surprised to learn that there are child sexual predators in those rooms..  i would hazard to guess from seeing things on 60 Minutes,  etc. that a venue like a chill/date room would be just the first step for those sickos take in establishing a bond or trust with a potential victim. 

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

RonaldusMaximus_ #33 Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:40 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17434 battles
  • [III-C]

If you don't like them, don't acknowledge them. Super easy, barely an inconvenience..

KryDog, go cry elsewhere. Nobody wants to be part of your crusade to protect us from ourselves.  If you need someone to THINK OF THE CHILDREN, go vote for a useless politician.

Mako__Reizei___ #34 Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:47 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8385 battles
  • [ALIAS]

I like these training rooms.

Come on guys, who couldn't resist running thee Maus and shooting, bouncing shells and ramming tier 4-7 tanks to death and getting kicked from these rooms? They make great target practice.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

tedg5 #35 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:03 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 57696 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 02 September 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

If you don't like them, don't acknowledge them. Super easy, barely an inconvenience..

KryDog, go cry elsewhere. Nobody wants to be part of your crusade to protect us from ourselves.  If you need someone to THINK OF THE CHILDREN, go vote for a useless politician.

RM, I’ve no problem with him pointing out this problem/behavior here. Why don’t you go to some other thread and cry, instead of yelling at this guy... I also am disappointed in some others here in your reaction to this thread. Dumping on OP is kinda unnecessary. I think there is something WG could do short of eliminating TR. :sceptic:

Schantzy #36 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:09 PM

TWSS

• Players
  • 19979 battles
  • [802VT]

View PostChiefmac, on 01 September 2020 - 11:14 PM, said:

My thoughts too. Pro athletes have ruined pro sports with their endless, mindless buffoonery. Let’s not let that happen to Blitz !

omg are you serious boomer?

RonaldusMaximus_ #37 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:15 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17434 battles
  • [III-C]

View Posttedg5, on 02 September 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

RM, I’ve no problem with him pointing out this problem/behavior here. Why don’t you go to some other thread and cry, instead of yelling at this guy... I also am disappointed in some others here in your reaction to this thread. Dumping on OP is kinda unnecessary. I think there is something WG could do short of eliminating TR. :sceptic:

I get it, you may be correct and I may have just woke up on the wrong side of the White House lawn after overdosing on jellybeans and Nancy kicked me out for the evening. 

I also just don't like crusades.

Rou_Garou #38 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:31 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 34355 battles
  • [OP-4]

Human Trafficking is a huge problem in the world. 

If there is an opportunity for a predator to approach a minor in an unsupervised situation, they will do it. 

If there is a worthy crusade, this is one of the top contenders.

You are being responsible and should coach your brother about this scum existing in society.

As said before; no one here on forums can do anything.

Sending tickets to WG is your only option.

Wear your crusader cross valiantly.

_Cletus #39 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:37 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32761 battles
  • [III-C]

I'd like to state for the record that I am against those who prey on children.  And I think chill/date rooms are really dumb. 

That said, if kids want to get up to sexy times online there's much more disgusting ways to do it.  In training rooms they are anonymous, can't trade pics or vids, the most they can do is bump tanks together and pretend it's making whoopee.  So while I don't like the whole idea of chill/date rooms, I'd rather kids be in those rooms then in other, much less safe online situations.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #40 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:53 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17434 battles
  • [III-C]
I can draw Boobs on the side of a Maus with my Leo now that they gave us bullet holes... So there is that.

Also tagged with Concerns, Training Rooms, Important

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users