When are we gonna start doing something about "chill/date" rooms? I feel as if it is an impo...

Concerns Training Rooms Important

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

krietenstein34 #41 Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32753 battles
  • [HAHA]
Email Chris Hansen at MSNBC

Edited by krietenstein34, 02 September 2020 - 12:55 PM.

:girl:

Nathanronco #42 Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:10 PM

Forum Dweller

• Players
  • 17697 battles
  • [BOMV]
I grinded my 183 specifically for these kinds of rooms. :justwait:
pretty fancy sig here don't ya think

_Crusader6_ #43 Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:33 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

OP,

Welcome to life, sadly none of us here can do anything but report issues in TR's.

The best you can do for your brother is monitor his activity - if you see anything weird, file a ticket - and report it to local LE and HSI CP.   There are a lot of awful people out there looking to take advantage of younger people.

I am aware of at least 5 attempts to solicit live meetings with children via these Chill/Date Rooms, it is a legitimate threat.

I think WG is caught in a little bit of a rock and hard place with TR's - as we as a community demanded them, but WG does have (and will not allocate) resources to monitor them.

I will say that from experience bringing a 183 into one of those rooms, you often get kicked even before you ready up, as many of the room creators know you are there to administer some electronic street justice.

I don't let my kids go into TR's with unknown people - I would suggest you have a talk with your brother, and try to encourage him to avoid those sorts of rooms.

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

generalhonks #44 Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8180 battles
  • [HOUSE]
It keeps the potatoes out of random matches. Win for us real players, win for the scrubs who do dating rooms.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

dport02 #45 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34106 battles
  • [-FE4R]
I think it’s hilarious. I love joining them and killing as many people as possible
RNG is rigged !

____Zer0____ #46 Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43183 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Wow.   This forums attitude towards this sure has changed over the years.  

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

someguyfromPitt #47 Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:11 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 54404 battles
  • [III-R]

What we need is in game moderation. They still have player chat rooms on RU server and in game moderators. However NA isn't policed and we can have players asking for addresses, set up illegal activity, discuss criminal activity, and even brag about past crimes and War Gaming will not do anything about it. It's like the support crimes planned on the NA server by not giving it proper support or attention. 

It's the wild west out there. Really it's like the night of the Purge. 

Tanking in Blitz since July 2014

86 tanks in the garage, 23 premiums, 12 collectors, 18 tier X

The 30th member of Triarii, joined August 2014

RIP TankBoom Podcast

_The_Tactition_ #48 Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:34 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 26749 battles
  • [CRUEL]
It’s not worth the hassle. What are they gonna do? Shoot someone in a TR? They aren’t in battle so that’s good. Plus if we couldn’t train I’d be really angry.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Markus_The0 #49 Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:49 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 24843 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View PostKyredog, on 01 September 2020 - 11:54 PM, said:

...Either way it would be in the best interest of children, and the parents, to somehow fix this issue. Whether or not the parent is responsible we have no control, but wargaming does has control of what they can do with their game.

I guess from here I am going to try to find another way to do something about it, and yes I will keep reporting rooms like the ones I mentioned as an example...

Same here.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

EL_Din_46 #50 Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:50 PM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 11168 battles

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 02 September 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

What we need is in game moderation. They still have player chat rooms on RU server and in game moderators. However NA isn't policed and we can have players asking for addresses, set up illegal activity, discuss criminal activity, and even brag about past crimes and War Gaming will not do anything about it. It's like the support crimes planned on the NA server by not giving it proper support or attention. 

It's the wild west out there. Really it's like the night of the Purge. 

On the plus side, social media comments are being introduced as evidence in successful prosecutions. Apparently prosecutors, judges and juries of our peers think some of the on-line characters shouldn’t even be on the streets. 

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Markus_The0 #51 Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:54 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 24843 battles
  • [KRNY_]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 02 September 2020 - 08:33 AM, said:

OP,

Welcome to life, sadly none of us here can do anything but report issues in TR's.

The best you can do for your brother is monitor his activity - if you see anything weird, file a ticket - and report it to local LE and HSI CP.   There are a lot of awful people out there looking to take advantage of younger people.

I am aware of at least 5 attempts to solicit live meetings with children via these Chill/Date Rooms, it is a legitimate threat.

I think WG is caught in a little bit of a rock and hard place with TR's - as we as a community demanded them, but WG does have (and will not allocate) resources to monitor them.

I will say that from experience bringing a 183 into one of those rooms, you often get kicked even before you ready up, as many of the room creators know you are there to administer some electronic street justice.

I don't let my kids go into TR's with unknown people - I would suggest you have a talk with your brother, and try to encourage him to avoid those sorts of rooms.

Thank you for acknowledging the danger. I hope we all can. We already all agree that training rooms are super useful for all of us legitimate Blitzers. We just need a way for training rooms not to be useful to sick predators.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

Ronin_23 #52 Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:14 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 27402 battles
  • [TENET]

I'm a 20-something guy but I'm gonna LARP as an 18-year-old gamer girl for the next 2 hours SO my DMs are open for business fellas.

SHOOT = KISS

RAM = ???

(Find something better to do with your time. Before training rooms there was omegle, chatroulette, LONELY MOMS NEAR YOU, and every other kind of internet horniness degeneracy you can imagine.)

_Cletus #53 Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:15 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32800 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonin_23, on 02 September 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'm a 20-something guy but I'm gonna LARP as an 18-year-old gamer girl for the next 2 hours SO my DMs are open for business fellas.

SHOOT = KISS

RAM = ???

(Find something better to do with your time. Before training rooms there was omegle, chatroulette, LONELY MOMS NEAR YOU, and every other kind of internet horniness degeneracy you can imagine.)

Can you send the link to that mom's one?

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Icefang50 #54 Posted 02 September 2020 - 08:30 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34640 battles
  • [-MAX-]
I didn’t know a thread title could be this long

Thank you for contacting us. 
We are sorry to acknowledge that you've faced this issue, it will be fixed. If we can be of further assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

This was a non-political comment directed at no one.

Use your time wisely. Be happy.

BORii

Gregarioun #55 Posted 06 September 2020 - 04:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14895 battles
  • [T800]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 02 September 2020 - 04:31 AM, said:

Y’all realize these rooms are filled with adolescent males with a few pretending to be female. If you don’t like em, don’t visit em. Who are we to infringe on their whatever it is they do in there. It’s not yours, mine or anyone other than these kids parents that should be paying attention to them. I’d love to see a single instance of these rooms ever amounting to anything other than kids playing make believe with tanks. Now should you decide to lead the crusade against these rooms and manage to get training rooms banned, (because that’s the only way to eliminate them, I know several clans that would be furious over being unable to train in a game environment. Secondly, I for one do not wish to see these knuckle heads on my team or in my games at all.

TLDR: lighten up Francis, they don’t actually hurt anything.

This.  You people.  You realize this is the internet, right?  THE INTERNET.  :ohmy:

Wot Blitz is like a box of chocolates...made of dung.  You always know what you're going to get.   

Summumer_ #56 Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15311 battles
  • [KICKA]

View Post_Cletus, on 02 September 2020 - 07:15 PM, said:

Can you send the link to that mom's one?

People have tried to click on the lonely mom’s link but it just leads them down a series of unrelated sites.

RonaldusMaximus_ #57 Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:16 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [III-C]
Why is this thread still alive?

Chiefmac #58 Posted 07 September 2020 - 10:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55347 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Postkrietenstein34, on 02 September 2020 - 04:54 AM, said:

Email Chris Hansen at MSNBC

six words you never wanna hear: 

“I’m Chris Hansen from NBC News.” 

_Crusader6_ #59 Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:05 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 September 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

Why is this thread still alive?

Because you bumped it.  

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Chiefmac #60 Posted 08 September 2020 - 01:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 55347 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 07 September 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Because you bumped it.  

:trollface:

Also tagged with Concerns, Training Rooms, Important

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users