question line grinding IS-4

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mr_2wertyxsad #1 Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2917 battles
  • [TOES]
Thanks to the Battle Pass, I have now been gifted the ability to get the IS-4 at a song.  The issue is, I feel like in my haste I have made mistakes and they are adversely affecting my gameplay.  I know that getting worked up over the game not only makes you play worse, but also is unhealthy.  My question is, in a tank as slow as a stock engine and track ST-1, can I be rushing things a little too much in my haste to get the IS-4?

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

_Cletus #2 Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:40 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32142 battles
  • [III-C]
You can't rush enough to fully upgrade the ST-I, that's for sure.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Mr_2wertyxsad #3 Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2917 battles
  • [TOES]

View Post_Cletus, on 08 September 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

You can't rush enough to fully upgrade the ST-I, that's for sure.

I've found that I can handle the tank fairly well without those two upgrades when I pursued this tank last time on a different account, so I went for the turret and gun.  I'm about 22k XP away from the IS-4 right this moment, and don't feel like setting myself back to square one by buying the engines and tracks.  I know driving a stock tank is a death sentence, but I have the armor to back it up so I've managed to skate by so far...

But yes, you are right it is incorrect to skip the engines and tracks.  I'll be keeping the ST-1 around after I unlock the IS-4 anyway, so then will be the time I get those upgrades for it.

_Cletus #4 Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:15 PM

• Players
  • 32142 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMr_2wertyxsad, on 08 September 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

I've found that I can handle the tank fairly well without those two upgrades when I pursued this tank last time on a different account, so I went for the turret and gun.  I'm about 22k XP away from the IS-4 right this moment, and don't feel like setting myself back to square one by buying the engines and tracks.  I know driving a stock tank is a death sentence, but I have the armor to back it up so I've managed to skate by so far...

But yes, you are right it is incorrect to skip the engines and tracks.  I'll be keeping the ST-1 around after I unlock the IS-4 anyway, so then will be the time I get those upgrades for it.

In that case I'll say yes, you are rushing too fast.  What's the hurry?  I'd say go ahead and get the ST-1 [or ST-I, I'm not positive on if it's a 1 or an I] fully upgraded.  If you like driving heavies than you like driving the ST-Whatever it is, the IS-4 isn't going anywhere, so go ahead and unlock all the stuff so you can enjoy the grind.  Why not?

But that's just me.....

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Mr_2wertyxsad #5 Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2917 battles
  • [TOES]

View Post_Cletus, on 08 September 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

In that case I'll say yes, you are rushing too fast.  What's the hurry?  I'd say go ahead and get the ST-1 [or ST-I, I'm not positive on if it's a 1 or an I] fully upgraded.  If you like driving heavies than you like driving the ST-Whatever it is, the IS-4 isn't going anywhere, so go ahead and unlock all the stuff so you can enjoy the grind.  Why not?

But that's just me.....

True, but I just want the IS-4 ASAP, and don't want to spend more time grinding than I have to.  At my current trajectory, I only need like another 30 battles to get the 118k XP I need.  I've survived over 20 battles in it thus far without engines and tracks.  I'm sorry if it appears that I am brushing you off, I value your input, I really do.  You have more battles in this game than I do across all the accounts I've used and lost the login info for.  But I'm just hell bent on getting the IS-4 and am throwing common sense to the wind, even I will admit that...

_Cletus #6 Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:25 PM

• Players
  • 32142 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMr_2wertyxsad, on 08 September 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

True, but I just want the IS-4 ASAP, and don't want to spend more time grinding than I have to.  At my current trajectory, I only need like another 30 battles to get the 118k XP I need.  I've survived over 20 battles in it thus far without engines and tracks.  I'm sorry if it appears that I am brushing you off, I value your input, I really do.  You have more battles in this game than I do across all the accounts I've used and lost the login info for.  But I'm just hell bent on getting the IS-4 and am throwing common sense to the wind, even I will admit that...

Don't be sorry, I'm not offended at all.  If everyone made the same choices I do...well, redheads and chickens would be in pretty short supply.

crpl_hicks #7 Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

Sorry I misunderstood the question...

Mind... meet Gutter.

I kinda expected a comment from Sir Spuckler with regards to a Red Headed beau?

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

Mr_2wertyxsad #8 Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2917 battles
  • [TOES]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 08 September 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

Sorry I misunderstood the question...

Mind... meet Gutter.

I kinda expected a comment from Sir Spuckler with regards to a Red Headed beau?

Eh, I can see how the title could be misread.  Anyway, do you have anything to add, or do you agree with Cletus about what I'm doing in my rush to get the IS-4?

crpl_hicks #9 Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

I always defer to Cletus in most matters.  He is not only intellectually sound, but logical, well thought out & one good looking SOB.

Occasionally I willl throw out one of these...:facepalm:

But not in this case

Oh and yes why buy something that will probably always be available?  Unless it's one of those "I gotta have it NOW" kinda things.  If I crack open the Costanza wallet it's to buy some offer, something that comes around once/twice in a life time.

Edited by crpl_hicks, 08 September 2020 - 08:46 PM.

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

boris55555 #10 Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:45 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 31025 battles
  • [MINC]
2300 battles? Too soon. Please reference my lowe stats. I jumped in a tier 8 way too soon. I found much happiness in learning from those mistakes. I went back to tier 4 and actually learned the game. I’m not saying to drop that far down. And I assume you’re better than I was at 2300 battles but I sure wasn’t ready. 27000 battles later and I’m rarely a liability any more. O7

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

_The_Tactition_ #11 Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:52 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 25718 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Literally drive forward wiggle and shoot. IS4 isn’t that hard. 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Mr_2wertyxsad #12 Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2917 battles
  • [TOES]

View Postboris55555, on 08 September 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

2300 battles? Too soon. Please reference my lowe stats. I jumped in a tier 8 way too soon. I found much happiness in learning from those mistakes. I went back to tier 4 and actually learned the game. I’m not saying to drop that far down. And I assume you’re better than I was at 2300 battles but I sure wasn’t ready. 27000 battles later and I’m rarely a liability any more. O7

I'm not brand spanking new to this game.  Reference "Mr_Qwertyxsad" for my other account that still exists to this day.  I just made a new account because I was bored, and got to liking having purple WN8...

RonaldusMaximus_ #13 Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:55 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16398 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMr_2wertyxsad, on 08 September 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

I'm not brand spanking new to this game.  Reference "Mr_Qwertyxsad" for my other account that still exists to this day.  I just made a new account because I was bored, and got to liking having purple WN8...

Shut up nub, have respect for your elders.

_Cletus #14 Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:04 PM

• Players
  • 32142 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 08 September 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

Pardon my buddy Ron, he's in Triarii.  Old people just don't get us youngsters.

LordDumptruck #15 Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18663 battles
  • [III-R]

There is a difference between unlocking it and playing it. It’s unfortunate the way the game propels us towards the top tier as though that is the de facto better direction to go, but the truth is that there are far more tanks to unlock for lower costs at lower tiers. I spent about 10,000 games at 8 and below knowing that any lessons I learned at tiers 9 and 10 would just be The super expensive version of the same lessons I learned at lower tiers. If you feel compelled to unlock it because you have a research coupon with a timer on it, I totally understand. That definitely saves a ton of time. But playing at tier 10 can quickly deplete credits and become unenjoyable if you get there too soon and more seasoned players take advantage of misplays. I’ve seen (two) players who got stuck in that mindset of “always upward” and when they got to tier 10 they quickly got into a cash flow problem to the point where they were selling their other tanks-and the tanks they kept, they sold all the ammo out of other tanks and would basically have enough money to outfit one tanks worth of ammo at a time! And they never had the money to unlock equipment or purchase consumables and they never saved up to buy back into lower tiers and They grew to hate the game because of how difficult it was for them to play at tiers 8-10, sometimes waiting for the next set of daily crates to drop for a few thousand more credits. 

Not trying to make a horror story out of the whole thing and I’m not trying to suggest you have any intention of doing something like that, but don’t be wooed by tier 10: even after 18(?)k games I still find more enjoyment at lower tiers because I am still learning the skills that I find applicable to effective and consistent tier 10 play. Just another data point. 

Mr_2wertyxsad #16 Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2917 battles
  • [TOES]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 08 September 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

Ron, I'll gladly cross barrels with you any day of the month.  Plenty of rounds to go around, these shells rated "E for Everyone"

View Post_Cletus, on 08 September 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

Pardon my buddy Ron, he's in Triarii.  Old people just don't get us youngsters.

Oh I'm aware.  Tri is a bunch of older people who sit on their front porch and do their best to have a good time >_0

EL_Din_46 #17 Posted 08 September 2020 - 11:35 PM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 10837 battles

View PostLordDumptruck, on 08 September 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

...I spent about 10,000 games at 8 and below knowing that any lessons I learned at tiers 9 and 10 would just be The super expensive version of the same lessons I learned at lower tiers....

:great:

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Ronin_23 #18 Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:03 AM

Bot

• Players
  • 25950 battles
  • [TENET]

Honestly just play whatever you want. IS-4 is also ezpz so it's a good way to get used to tier 10 gameplay.

The game is full of people who can't play at all tiers. You'll either get good or you won't. The best way to do it well is to do it enough (and focus on improvement obviously).

_Crusader6_ #19 Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:25 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69902 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRonin_23, on 08 September 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

Honestly just play whatever you want. IS-4 is also ezpz so it's a good way to get used to tier 10 gameplay.

The game is full of people who can't play at all tiers. You'll either get good or you won't. The best way to do it well is to do it enough (and focus on improvement obviously).

Totally agree.    

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  432/433 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

RonaldusMaximus_ #20 Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:59 AM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16398 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostMr_2wertyxsad, on 08 September 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Ron, I'll gladly cross barrels with you any day of the month.  Plenty of rounds to go around, these shells rated "E for Everyone"

Oh I'm aware.  Tri is a bunch of older people who sit on their front porch and do their best to have a good time >_0

Another case of comedy not landing... I don't always strike gold. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users