T28 Remodel (and remodeling in general)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

daREAL_trainboi #1 Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7926 battles
  • [UWU_]

As many of you know, the T28 Tier 8 US turretless tank destroyer is in need of a remodel. Currently it is performing terribly, and most regard it as the worst tanks in the game. In WoT PC the t28 was remodeled to look like this:USCyULD.png

This makes it look more like a junior T95 and closer to the real thing. Also when it was remodeled, the armor profile was reworked so it played more like a T95 and it's intended role as a bunker-buster breakthrough tank. Remodeling the T28 in Blitz would make it play like it should and make it more like the T95 to prepare players for it.

Continuing on this topic, I would like to see all the vehicles remodeled. Not in full HD, as those would simply break most low end devices but a higher resolution and more detail would be appreciated. WG could also take this opportunity to hopefully optimize a version of animated and functioning suspension, opening the door to new physics.

I would also like to see all vehicles marked with their national marking, or at least an option to turn markings on. In case you don't know what they are, it's the US star, German Iron cross, Soviet star, British Royal Armoured Corps "flash", Chinese star, French eye-thing (kinda looks like the RAF symbol), Japanese flag, Swedish flag, Italian flag, Polish checkered emblem-thing, etc. Just throwing this out there.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:M41 Walker Bulldog, favorite medium:Comet, favorite heavy:KV-2, favorite TD: Nashorn.

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

NastyShrimp5 #2 Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2675 battles
  • [SSB1]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 13 September 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

I would also like to see all vehicles marked with their national marking, or at least an option to turn markings on. In case you don't know what they are, it's the US star, German Iron cross, Soviet star, British Royal Armoured Corps "flash", Chinese star, French eye-thing (kinda looks like the RAF symbol), Japanese flag, Swedish flag, Italian flag, Polish checkered emblem-thing, etc. Just throwing this out there.

Hmm, I like this part. I’m tired of battles looking like the circus, with all those bright, ugly camos. I like the Tiger II’s Savage camo for that reason. More like that!

Player_5773117413 #3 Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:18 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30755 battles
  • [SPUD]

Maybe, just maybe the T95 is just not Blitz material? For a game that's rooted into quick gameplay, a slow moving behemoth goes against all of that. The proto has limited viability owing to  its turret, but these tanks will need near mythical buffs to compensate for the lack of mobility in the long run.

What doesn't help is that the tanks in Blitz today are more potent than the tanks in Blitz years ago. Your typical Tier 8 today is probably the rough equivalent of a semi-upgraded Tier 9 when the game launched. Constant buffs to keep up with the premiums will keep the T28/T95 lagging behind every few updates.

I honestly think its time WG looks into the these tanks in Blitz; what works in PC doesn't always work here, so either a swap out or an all-out armor/armament buff?

Edited by Player_5773117413, 14 September 2020 - 01:18 AM.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

daREAL_trainboi #4 Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7926 battles
  • [UWU_]
Well as far as I know the T95 can be an extremely deadly and strong tank even in Blitz's fast-paced meta. Remodeling the T28 would make it the same thing in terms of the armor and make it better suited for frontlin combat. And the model in general looks terrible since the quality of the tanks in Blitz have greatly increased since the game came out and the T28 is in need of an update.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:M41 Walker Bulldog, favorite medium:Comet, favorite heavy:KV-2, favorite TD: Nashorn.

daREAL_trainboi #5 Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7926 battles
  • [UWU_]

View PostNastyShrimp5, on 14 September 2020 - 12:47 AM, said:

Hmm, I like this part. I’m tired of battles looking like the circus, with all those bright, ugly camos. I like the Tiger II’s Savage camo for that reason. More like that!

Yes and also more historical legendary camo as well. Personally I would like to see a complete overhaul of the customization system with flags, numbers, extra tools and sandbags, decals, etc. Would love a decal with "God Save The Queen" to slap onto my Black Prince!

rosgrim #6 Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 94732 battles
  • [COD]

View PostNastyShrimp5, on 14 September 2020 - 12:47 AM, said:

more and more of us doing the same observation/request......

and the release of "Savage" for Tiger was a tremendous success.

I don't understand why WOTB wouldn't answer to this and on contrary seems to go on the opposite direction.

I didn't heard one (1) player appreciating those clown camo' s

by the way the prize camo for battle pass are simply obscene. 

daREAL_trainboi #7 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7926 battles
  • [UWU_]
I know. Some of them look cool and I'd be fine with keeping them as long as there are also a ton more historical options to balance that out.

FireLordAzula #8 Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6376 battles
  • [-UST-]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 13 September 2020 - 04:17 PM, said:

I like this, kinda like E-100 stalwart and Lowe reliant. Cool paint there

daREAL_trainboi #9 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7926 battles
  • [UWU_]
Yep

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users