• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

AntoineDodson #21 Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:35 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 32692 battles

View Postthenerfdude, on 16 September 2020 - 01:35 AM, said:

There are like 70k players at peak hours, the game isnt dieing

Maybe in RUSSIA. We need the NA server to grow.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

Ronin_23 #22 Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:46 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 25763 battles
  • [TENET]

Everyone who says no is lying. The game was released over 6 years ago. It's definitely not seeing an upward linear trend in players or anything else that reflects positively on a business.

The question is not if the game is dying, it is a matter of how long it will take to die. I think it'll still be playable for quite some time. I think the servers will shut down after it becomes unplayable. So basically, don't worry about it. 

If you wanted to make a thread complaining about MM or the playerbase, just call it that.

bwcamp #23 Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]
No it's not dying. In fact it's growing, Droodles did a video on it, and you can tell just by playing the game. Since when do we have 200 players in queue on weekdays?? Nintendo switch will boost playerbase too. PC is dying, but no, Blitz(if anything) is thriving
The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Ronin_23 #24 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:00 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 25763 battles
  • [TENET]

View Postbwcamp, on 16 September 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

No it's not dying. In fact it's growing, Droodles did a video on it, and you can tell just by playing the game. Since when do we have 200 players in queue on weekdays?? Nintendo switch will boost playerbase too. PC is dying, but no, Blitz(if anything) is thriving

People on the Switch may play a few games before realizing they can buy 17500 gold or Zelda. And then they're gonna buy Zelda. My guess is we're really not gonna see a large, sustained influx of players from that platform. Throw in the chat problems Reagan mentioned the other day in his thread and I can't imagine most of them will even be a net positive to the player experience.

Droodles' video only had stats for Steam users. You can't make any statements like that with incomplete data. Every game ever has experienced a decline in the userbase over time. Every single one. As I stated, it may remain playable for a long time still. Very possible that 90% of the folks playing right now are committed to the game. But eventually, one by one, they'll fade. And at some point it won't be profitable to run anymore.

_Cletus #25 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 31943 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonin_23, on 16 September 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

People on the Switch may play a few games before realizing they can buy 17500 gold or Zelda. And then they're gonna buy Zelda. My guess is we're really not gonna see a large, sustained influx of players from that platform. Throw in the chat problems Reagan mentioned the other day in his thread and I can't imagine most of them will even be a net positive to the player experience.

Droodles' video only had stats for Steam users. You can't make any statements like that with incomplete data. Every game ever has experienced a decline in the userbase over time. Every single one. As I stated, it may remain playable for a long time still. Very possible that 90% of the folks playing right now are committed to the game. But eventually, one by one, they'll fade. And at some point it won't be profitable to run anymore.

Maybe we need to define "dying."  Because according to this, almost every game is dying.  I feel like the OP is asking if the end of Blitz is eminent, and the answer to that is no.  Sure, Blitz will eventually die, just like all games, but it's no where close.  Just because the general playerbase isn't skillful doesn't mean that there isn't a large, diverse, invested playerbase.  WG has been selling a bunch of nice premiums, and we're seeing those in the battlefield, so players are spending plenty of money on the game.  Experiencing long wait times for games is an anomaly.  Sure, we have plenty of people complaining about various aspects of the game, but the subject and volume of those complaints haven't changed a whole lot for the five or six years I've been playing. So is the game dying?  Yes, and I am dying, and you are dying, and eventually the heat death of the universe will end all existence.  But I don't think Blitz will die anytime soon.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Ronin_23 #26 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:35 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 25763 battles
  • [TENET]

View Post_Cletus, on 16 September 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

Maybe we need to define "dying."  Because according to this, almost every game is dying.  I feel like the OP is asking if the end of Blitz is eminent, and the answer to that is no.  Sure, Blitz will eventually die, just like all games, but it's no where close.  Just because the general playerbase isn't skillful doesn't mean that there isn't a large, diverse, invested playerbase.  WG has been selling a bunch of nice premiums, and we're seeing those in the battlefield, so players are spending plenty of money on the game.  Experiencing long wait times for games is an anomaly.  Sure, we have plenty of people complaining about various aspects of the game, but the subject and volume of those complaints haven't changed a whole lot for the five or six years I've been playing. So is the game dying?  Yes, and I am dying, and you are dying, and eventually the heat death of the universe will end all existence.  But I don't think Blitz will die anytime soon.

You're probably right. The most important thing Blitz has going for it right now is that they have no real competition to fill the same niche. I came across a Quora reply about the longevity of video games and while it's impossible to say due to the vast differences between games, the top answer gave this as a reply: 

"Ground breaking / genre defining MMO’s 20 years + ( Probably with a 4–7 year to get to peak)

Solid, well received, MMO’s maybe 12 years ( Peak in 1–5 ) After peak they tend to become more community focussed, slowly declining player base but generally less competitive and friendlier.

The normal copycat and trashy p2w mmo’s probably 2 years ( Peak at release, before people realize its dodgy ie. Bless online )"

Blitz is 6 years old. It's not new. By any of those metrics, it's not on the upswing anymore. It's increasingly filled with cash grabs. Not overwhelmingly positive signs. There's just nobody else in the business to keep them honest. Yet. And most players will quit before the game's actual "death" anyway.

AntoineDodson #27 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:44 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 32692 battles
One of the best things going for Blitz is that there's no hacking. Tons of games out there losing players due to hacking. PUBGM is a great example. There's been a hacking epidemic the last few months.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

_Cletus #28 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 31943 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonin_23, on 16 September 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

You're probably right. The most important thing Blitz has going for it right now is that they have no real competition to fill the same niche. I came across a Quora reply about the longevity of video games and while it's impossible to say due to the vast differences between games, the top answer gave this as a reply: 

"Ground breaking / genre defining MMO’s 20 years + ( Probably with a 4–7 year to get to peak)

Solid, well received, MMO’s maybe 12 years ( Peak in 1–5 ) After peak they tend to become more community focussed, slowly declining player base but generally less competitive and friendlier.

The normal copycat and trashy p2w mmo’s probably 2 years ( Peak at release, before people realize its dodgy ie. Bless online )"

Blitz is 6 years old. It's not new. By any of those metrics, it's not on the upswing anymore. It's increasingly filled with cash grabs. Not overwhelmingly positive signs. There's just nobody else in the business to keep them honest. Yet. And most players will quit before the game's actual "death" anyway.

This is true.  While there are plenty of "combat" games, there is nothing that really competes with Blitz, which definitely keeps it going.  And there aren't that many quality multiplayer games in any genre for mobile, which also helps.  Maybe a better question to ask is "Has Blitz already peaked?"

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #29 Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16354 battles
  • [III-C]
Most men peak in their early 20's but become more desirable as they age.  I can barely keep the throngs of cougars away from me now... But I wouldn't know what to do with them.

bwcamp #30 Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostRonin_23, on 16 September 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

https://www.pocketga...-for-six-years/

1.5 million daily, how is that dying? Yeah, it's not gonna last forever, but it's in no way dying anytime soon.
Yes, it was just for steam, but that's steam. Imagine what the other platforms are.
And you can't just base it on NA servers, we have EU and RU

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Vantablack12 #31 Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 15832 battles
  • [K9]

View Postbwcamp, on 16 September 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

And you can't just base it on NA servers, we have EU and RU

And Asia

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

bwcamp #32 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostVantablack12, on 16 September 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

And Asia

they don't have alot though, they have less than NA

- EL_Din_1946

Markus_The0 #33 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24149 battles
  • [KRNY_]

I've found so much insight from looking deep into the archives of this forum. Players have been saying teams are bad since the very beginning. People have also been asking if the future of Blitz is sustainable since early on. The very fact that those posts exist on this forum from 4, 5, and 6 years ago tells us something. Team quality or lack thereof isn't killing the game. It wasn't early on when no one knew how to play Blitz well and it isn't know when some people know how to play Blitz somewhat better.

Someone else (or some people?) mentioned that there isn't much that competes with Blitz, so it has an uncontested appeal. Considering there will likely always be people who are fascinated by tanks, historical war machines, and imaginary war machines, Blitz will continue to have appeal. As long as War Gaming continues to put good effort into making Blitz playable, updated, (and evolving helps, too) folks (new "generations" of folks and some of us veterans) will likely continue to find Blitz a fun place.

The council of history on this very forum from the forum-ers of old (the Founding Forumers, if you will ;)) would tell us that we've always wondered if Blitz was sustainable. 6 years later, Blitz is still here, and, despite the fact that we're still occasionally wondering if Blitz is gonna hang on, we do have good reasons to believe that Blitz will continue, and maybe even thrive.

Happy trails, guys! :)

Edited by Markus_The0, 16 September 2020 - 11:06 PM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

otirruborez #34 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1900 battles

yes. getting more and more new players means the game is dying. absolutely.

NA on the other hand is definitely not very big.

Edited by otirruborez, 16 September 2020 - 11:56 PM.

_Crusader6_ #35 Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:49 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69693 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Postotirruborez, on 16 September 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

yes. getting more and more new players means the game is dying. absolutely.

NA on the other hand is definitely not very big.

Not very big is relative.  
   NA players spend a lot more / player than other regions. 

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

otirruborez #36 Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1900 battles

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 September 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

Not very big is relative.  
   NA players spend a lot more / player than other regions. 

im sure they make more money off na than all other combined, but that does not matter to a player in the region.

tedg5 #37 Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:40 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 56947 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostRonin_23, on 16 September 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

Everyone who says no is lying. The game was released over 6 years ago. It's definitely not seeing an upward linear trend in players or anything else that reflects positively on a business.

The question is not if the game is dying, it is a matter of how long it will take to die. I think it'll still be playable for quite some time. I think the servers will shut down after it becomes unplayable. So basically, don't worry about it. 

If you wanted to make a thread complaining about MM or the playerbase, just call it that.

By this logic, we’re all dying, it’s just a matter of time....

:harp:

otirruborez #38 Posted 17 September 2020 - 04:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1900 battles

View Posttedg5, on 17 September 2020 - 03:40 AM, said:

By this logic, we’re all dying, it’s just a matter of time....

:harp:

the moment you were a twinkle in your fathers eye you were dying.

_Crusader6_ #39 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:25 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69693 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Postotirruborez, on 16 September 2020 - 11:38 PM, said:

the moment you were a twinkle in your fathers eye you were dying.

While true that’s a Debbie Downer moment for the morning ;)

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

tcamp48 #40 Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:34 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 75128 battles
  • [III-S]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 September 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

While true that’s a Debbie Downer moment for the morning ;)

If it gets me off this rock and to a better world? Well, there ya go. Anyway.... I see this game going on a bit longer, as this question has been posed many times. Is the game dying. No, I think not.

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users