Jump to content


A Good Rule Of Thumb?


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MarBearCat #1 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:03 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22498 battles
  • 12,161
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

Non turret TD's & refined gun over Vertical stabilizer?

 

>"<7


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


tankist22 #2 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 51786 battles
  • 1,306
  • [MSTRY]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2016

Yes. But is still depends on your play style and the TD you play. For example, if I play tier VI Jg., I go with left side for all in the 1st column. I need fast aiming since I play this tank more aggressively. But for those you consider for sniping the most, yes, you can go with right side.

 

Littlefinger posted a bunch of videos recently on equipment:

http://forum.wotblit...y-littlefinger/



Roberto577_One #3 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

    Chungus Supreme

  • Players
  • 12044 battles
  • 710
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    06-17-2018
Yes, unless it's an assault TD that gets close to it's enemies. Also, I usually go supercharge rather than GLD on all tanks, unless the tank either has A.) great shell velocity already or B.) already insane aim time where GLD wouldn't help much if at all. For example, I'd go GLD on the Type 61 because it has great shell velocity on all it's rounds, but I'd go Supercharge on the Patton because it's velocity is relatively bad.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

 

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

 

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.


whatzup22 #4 Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2772 battles
  • 302
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017
KV-2 and supercharge: EVIL LAUGHTER
But you shouldny snipe [edited]

Roberto577_One #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:01 AM

    Chungus Supreme

  • Players
  • 12044 battles
  • 710
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    06-17-2018

View Postwhatzup22, on 15 September 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

KV-2 and supercharge: EVIL LAUGHTER
But you shouldny snipe [edited]

 

No, but in situations where you need to, shell velocity is a requirement, whereas aiming time isn't as much.


Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

 

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

 

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.


MarBearCat #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:05 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22498 battles
  • 12,161
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

I would go with vertical stabilizer

on the obj 268. Pretty

sure that would be a better combo.

 

>"<7


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


Roberto577_One #7 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:16 AM

    Chungus Supreme

  • Players
  • 12044 battles
  • 710
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    06-17-2018

View PostMarBearCat, on 16 September 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

I would go with vertical stabilizer

on the obj 268. Pretty

sure that would be a better combo.

 

>"<7

 

The 268 is a sniper, not an assault TD. I've been playing a lot of Tier 9 heavies recently, and I can easily pen it with standard rounds. It can be an assault TD, but it's definitely sniper first, assault TD second. That being said, even with Vertical Stabilizer over refined gun, it's accuracy is 0.303 with big food, so I'd say go with that for now, but change it as you come across different situations, and weigh the options against each other.

 

Go with vert stab first, and change it as you see fit as you get to know the tank better.


Edited by Roberto577_One, 16 September 2020 - 08:16 AM.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

 

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

 

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.


MarBearCat #8 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:39 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22498 battles
  • 12,161
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

Oh, I thought obj 268 was 

an Assault TD.

 

What are examples of Assault TD'S?

 

Would the JP & JP II be Assault?


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


Roberto577_One #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

    Chungus Supreme

  • Players
  • 12044 battles
  • 710
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    06-17-2018

View PostMarBearCat, on 16 September 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

Oh, I thought obj 268 was 

an Assault TD.

 

What are examples of Assault TD'S?

 

Would the JP & JP II be Assault?

 

The 268 is often considered an assault TD, but imo, it's armor isn't reliable enough. Maybe it would work in a Tier 9 match as an assault TD, but I would be careful. And yeah, the JPanther is a great example of an assault TD. Not so much the JP2, it's armor isn't great, and it doesn't have good gun depression like the JPanther.


Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

 

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

 

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.


AntoineDodson #10 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:33 PM

    Twenty Shots One Kill

  • Players
  • 32197 battles
  • 2,552
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    07-09-2017
I literally just switched my E3 the other day to vstabs because I brawl in it.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

9_V0LT #11 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:02 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10625 battles
  • 3,091
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View PostRoberto577_One, on 16 September 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

 

The 268 is often considered an assault TD, but imo, it's armor isn't reliable enough. Maybe it would work in a Tier 9 match as an assault TD, but I would be careful. And yeah, the JPanther is a great example of an assault TD. Not so much the JP2, it's armor isn't great, and it doesn't have good gun depression like the JPanther.


​The jpanther can be used as an assault TD now, but before it’s recent armor buff, doing so would have a recipe for yolo/suicide. 
 

The British AT line and the American T28 and T95 are also pure assault TDs. 


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


Roberto577_One #12 Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:34 AM

    Chungus Supreme

  • Players
  • 12044 battles
  • 710
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    06-17-2018

View Post9_V0LT, on 16 September 2020 - 09:02 AM, said:

​The jpanther can be used as an assault TD now, but before it’s recent armor buff, doing so would have a recipe for yolo/suicide. 
 

The British AT line and the American T28 and T95 are also pure assault TDs. 

 

Agreed, the JPanther was not an assault TD before, back then you probably would have been better suited running the 88 and sniping due to the 88's better accuracy and shell velocity. But I judge tanks on how they are, not how they were.

 

And yeah, the AT line and American turretless line are assault TD's, although in my mind there are two 'classes' of assault TD's, the quick kind that have a decent amount of armor, but not insane amounts that are better compared to medium tanks, and the slow lumbering kind that have a ton more armor but are heavy tanks in terms of mobility. I call these two kinds of assault TD's assault TD's and heavy TD's respectively. I consider the 268 (when it's played as an assault TD) and the JPanther in the first group, while the T28, T95, and AT line are in the second.


Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

 

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

 

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.


_Crusader6_ #13 Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:55 PM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68725 battles
  • 14,850
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

All TD's are Assault guns -- some are just better at it than others ;)

 

 Refined gun is fine if you have a massive large gun arc - but as soon as you need to traverse a hair, and whammy there goes the dispersion.

 

I run Refined gun on 2 tanks -- Leo 1 and T62A, all my TD's get VSTAB - mainly as I don't snipe long range for the most part - and I'm more worried about faster shots when moving and not botching a shot on a Med/Light trying to get around.

 

 


 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  423/423 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


9_V0LT #14 Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:00 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10625 battles
  • 3,091
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View PostRoberto577_One, on 17 September 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

 

Agreed, the JPanther was not an assault TD before, back then you probably would have been better suited running the 88 and sniping due to the 88's better accuracy and shell velocity. But I judge tanks on how they are, not how they were.

 

And yeah, the AT line and American turretless line are assault TD's, although in my mind there are two 'classes' of assault TD's, the quick kind that have a decent amount of armor, but not insane amounts that are better compared to medium tanks, and the slow lumbering kind that have a ton more armor but are heavy tanks in terms of mobility. I call these two kinds of assault TD's assault TD's and heavy TD's respectively. I consider the 268 (when it's played as an assault TD) and the JPanther in the first group, while the T28, T95, and AT line are in the second.


Your heavy assault TDs have a real name, they are called Breaching Vehicles.  


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users