• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

PeteGee45 #1 Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41118 battles
  • [OLDS]

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good discussions on tournament strategy? I found one video on YouTube and nothing here that isn’t at least a couple of years old. We’re playing tier VI quick tournaments but we’ve kind of plateaued. What kinds of things should we be working on? What positions are good on say Canal, Castilla or Ft. Despair? We do use discord and we do play a lot together. We get into training rooms but we don’t really know what to work on when we get there.

ZebraUp #2 Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:04 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 29666 battles
  • [_UF_]
I kind of remember a top clan having a few YouTube videos about that subject but I forget which one.. Prammo or some other team that regularly competes in the Twister Cup.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

tedg5 #3 Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:17 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 57087 battles
  • [AGOGO]
You can learn a lot watchingthe pro tourneys. Very informative. :great:

PeteGee45 #4 Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41118 battles
  • [OLDS]

View Posttedg5, on 20 September 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

You can learn a lot watchingthe pro tourneys. Very informative. :great:

That’s a good idea. Maybe I should search YouTube for prammo or twister cup. Thanks guys.

Any other ideas out there?

tanker070 #5 Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:20 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 60873 battles
  • [BDSMR]

I feel there is a huge disconnect between pramo league of tourney and our day to day attempts.

Imo:

If ur team has found good company among each other, then ur ahead from plenty of them.

Can your guys exchange feedback openly? How are losses handled? Apply some ground rules here.

Are your players interchangeable? (Increases empathy on teams as ppl try different roles) Also ur team will be more flexible.

Focus fire training -- 

Play mini games in TRs -- 

I done some of this stuff with Run n Gun crew and to my knowledge ppl enjoyed them.

Videos from Simon Sinek : why some teams fail.

Will help bring ideas from your own crew. 

And ppl like to see their input valued.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 20 September 2020 - 06:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44861 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Map positions and strats should vary from team to team. The most important thing at tier 6 is to be on voice comms, focus firing targets, and open communication between the entire team. Once your team is comfortable doing those elements, then start trying more advanced elements of tourney strategy. I say this because no amount of strategizing will matter if you can’t execute the basics as a team.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Markus_The0 #7 Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:28 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 24152 battles
  • [KRNY_]

I would council that each person knowing how to use their own tank effectively is super key. Different map positions work a bit differently for each vehicle. Know what hills you can back your specific TD with limited gun elevation onto to still have open shots on reds. Know the spots where the ground dips just enough to only expose your strong turret with that specific heavy. Learn how close you can usually get to different targets before your camo breaks with that specific light tank. If each person knows their tank really well and knows how and where it can perform most strongly, then you will be really well set up to start leveraging and coordinating each player and tank's strengths to create attacks and defenses that are really strong.

Basically, if each person knows their tank really well and where best on maps to employ that tank, you'll all be ready with ideas when you come to the discord table and say, "ok, where do we want to position or push on this map?"

Best of luck to you guys and I hope you have a blast together! :)

Edit: I realized as I was writing this that I'm actually planning on doing part of my YouTube video series on this concept of excellence through knowing your tank, and knowing how and where you can contribute to your overall team with it. lol! Look for a Blitz strategy YouTube channel called "Fort Kearny" to pop up in the coming months! :great:

Edited by Markus_The0, 20 September 2020 - 09:34 PM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

Amm0rat #8 Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:33 PM

this is bob, The Gold Spamming Ape

• Players
  • 22610 battles
  • [PURPL]

Individual skills: penning shots (shouldn't be hard if you play an ARL), track shots, situational awareness (knowing when and where to rotate or push without having to be told to do so). 

Team skills: focus firing, HP sharing, clear communication amongst all teammates, positioning (how your team positions every tank can create opportunities for crossfires or quick rotations for a push or to defend a push), map control and cap control. 

These are just the general skills that a serious comp team should have. Tier 6 tournaments aren't exactly the same as tier 10 tournaments since top teams don't play tier 6 tournaments. I've played a single tier 6 quick tournament and I'd say that the basic skills needed down there are penning shots and focus firing. I don't know if there are teams who do actual pushes at tier 6 tournaments, but it would be good to practice making pushes vs receiving pushes in case.

GLKamper #9 Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40396 battles
An oldie but a goodie from Bushka  https://youtu.be/BmlgabLwI38

nicog45 #10 Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23830 battles
  • [-JJ]

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

whatzup22 #11 Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2884 battles
1. Use discord.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users