[Suggestion] Sandbox/AI mode

suggestion sandbox ai training

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Sandbox poll (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should we add this?

1. Yes, completely free for everyone (5 votes [26.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

2. Yes, for in-game credits/xp (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. Yes, unlocked after you reach a milestone (9 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

4. No (3 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Hide poll

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #1 Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]

Hi, I'm 5ynt4x_3rr0r, and I would like to suggest a sandbox mode.

Concept/purpose: Very similar in concept to training rooms where the purpose is to test out new strategies and stuff but with the added bonus of also being able to 'try before you buy' new tanks you wanna research.

How to use: You pick out any tank (not premium/collector) or from the tech tree or your garage (yes premium/collector) and spec it out to your liking. Like training rooms, you can invite friends, but unlike training rooms you cannot browse for sandboxes and you are able to add AI to your sandbox, not only other players. When picking out the AI, you can select the difficulty from a scale of 'very easy' to 'very hard.' You can also select the AI's tanks. For this you can be as vague as "any German tank" to as specific as "the German Tiger I (P) with the 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 gun, stock turret, 2x Porsche Typ 100/3 engine, Tiger (P) verstärkteketten tracks, Chocolate bar, 15 HE shells, only the Calibrated Shells Equipment, only the fire extinguisher consumable, sniper -> deadly accuracy crew skills, a common consumable reload booster, etc."

Details: Like the Training Rooms, you will NOT receive any military honor, badges, XP, credits, etc. You cannot use any boosters except the consumable reload booster thing either. To unlock either it could be a purchase for credits/xp or you can unlock it once you get a tier 8 or something. Just please, I beg you, if you add this don't sell it for real-life money or crazy (>1k) amounts of gold because this should be available for anyone to get relatively easily without spending money. Maybe like 50-100 gold or 75k credits or 2k free xp.

Edited by 5ynt4x_3rr0r_, 30 September 2020 - 10:26 PM.

whatzup22 #2 Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2884 battles
Great Idea
So u mean we can ‘rent’ a premium/tech tree tank for some gold and try it out in a training battle against bots?
Sorry mate, not good at english

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #3 Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]
close, i'm saying you can use any non-premium/collector tank for a training battle against bots for free or a one-time purchase using in-game money.

Noob666_ #4 Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8459 battles
  • [TDB]

View Post5ynt4x_3rr0r_, on 30 September 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

Hi, I'm 5ynt4x_3rr0r, and I would like to suggest a sandbox mode.

Concept/purpose: Very similar in concept to training rooms where the purpose is to test out new strategies and stuff but with the added bonus of also being able to 'try before you buy' new tanks you wanna research.

How to use: You pick out any tank (not premium/collector) or from the tech tree or your garage (yes premium/collector) and spec it out to your liking. Like training rooms, you can invite friends, but unlike training rooms you cannot browse for sandboxes and you are able to add AI to your sandbox, not only other players. When picking out the AI, you can select the difficulty from a scale of 'very easy' to 'very hard.' You can also select the AI's tanks. For this you can be as vague as "any German tank" to as specific as "the German Tiger I (P) with the 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 gun, stock turret, 2x Porsche Typ 100/3 engine, Tiger (P) verstärkteketten tracks, Chocolate bar, 15 HE shells, only the Calibrated Shells Equipment, only the fire extinguisher consumable, sniper -> deadly accuracy crew skills, a common consumable reload booster, etc."

Details: Like the Training Rooms, you will NOT receive any military honor, badges, XP, credits, etc. You cannot use any boosters except the consumable reload booster thing either. To unlock either it could be a purchase for credits/xp or you can unlock it once you get a tier 8 or something. Just please, I beg you, if you add this don't sell it for real-life money or crazy (>1k) amounts of gold because this should be available for anyone to get relatively easily without spending money. Maybe like 50-100 gold or 75k credits or 2k free xp.

Good idea but this concept may be better used on CO-OP which can give you credits (free exp would make the grind too easy.)

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:53 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postwhatzup22, on 30 September 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:

Great Idea
So u mean we can ‘rent’ a premium/tech tree tank for some gold and try it out in a training battle against bots?
Sorry mate, not good at english

What language are you good at?

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #6 Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]

View PostNoob666_, on 30 September 2020 - 11:41 PM, said:

Good idea but this concept may be better used on CO-OP which can give you credits (free exp would make the grind too easy.)

It's not free anything. its pretty much training battles

whatzup22 #7 Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2884 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 October 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

What language are you good at?

Peace-

Boris

Don’t be racist please :(

I mainly speak Chinese and Cantonese and a little Malay

Im still a kid, Im not very good at my main language either...

BorisBaddenov #8 Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:46 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26804 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postwhatzup22, on 30 September 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

Don’t be racist please :(

I mainly speak Chinese and Cantonese and a little Malay

Im still a kid, Im not very good at my main language either...

How is asking what language you are good at racist?   

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

whatzup22 #9 Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2884 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 October 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

How is asking what language you are good at racist?   

Peace-

Boris

Normally I expect people to make an assumption that I live in China. Even I hate China, others will probably too.

Idk, I just reply that I dont live in china. Just seeing the word ‘china’ makes me cringe.

bwcamp #10 Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]
I'd like a PvE mode
The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

acrisis #11 Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21028 battles
  • [III-C]

An advanced training grounds map with static or AI controlled enemy tanks has been requested from before we had training rooms.
It seemed logical for WG to add this functionality to training rooms, where you could setup a some AI red enemies ... but it has been a few years ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #12 Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]

View Postbwcamp, on 01 October 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

I'd like a PvE mode

Same

View Postacrisis, on 01 October 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

An advanced training grounds map with static or AI controlled enemy tanks has been requested from before we had training rooms.
It seemed logical for WG to add this functionality to training rooms, where you could setup a some AI red enemies ... but it has been a few years ... 

Not just AI, I'm thinking this as a mode to play around with tanks before you buy them or to decide what tech tree to use, or even just to see what tank of two is superior. I wish I had this before I decided to get the Leopard (tier 5) because if I did I wouldn't have gone all out for the Leo PT A - I would have gone for the Maus instead.

Edited by 5ynt4x_3rr0r_, 01 October 2020 - 05:06 PM.

bwcamp #13 Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Post5ynt4x_3rr0r_, on 01 October 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

Same

Not just AI, I'm thinking this as a mode to play around with tanks before you buy them or to decide what tech tree to use, or even just to see what tank of two is superior. I wish I had this before I decided to get the Leopard (tier 5) because if I did I wouldn't have gone all out for the Leo PT A - I would have gone for the Maus instead.

you should be in tier 4

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #14 Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]

View Postbwcamp, on 01 October 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

you should be in tier 4

wdym? if you mean my tank tier and my 500 battles, thats probably cuz I somehow got half-off tank research certificates for something. Also I hoard rare boosters - I have 30-40+ boosters of each type except gold boosters.

EDIT: remembered how I got the certificates: the campaign that happened right before code chaos. you know the one with the bracelets and such

Edited by 5ynt4x_3rr0r_, 01 October 2020 - 06:33 PM.

bwcamp #15 Posted 01 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Post5ynt4x_3rr0r_, on 01 October 2020 - 01:30 PM, said:

wdym? if you mean my tank tier and my 500 battles, thats probably cuz I somehow got half-off tank research certificates for something. Also I hoard rare boosters - I have 30-40+ boosters of each type except gold boosters.

EDIT: remembered how I got the certificates: the campaign that happened right before code chaos. you know the one with the bracelets and such

I mean your skill level. You shouldn't be playing high tiers, you should be down in tier 4-5

- EL_Din_1946

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #16 Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]

View Postbwcamp, on 01 October 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

I mean your skill level. You shouldn't be playing high tiers, you should be down in tier 4-5

are you saying im bad at the game!?!??!
JK, yeah I get beat up a lot when I play really anything higher than 8. I also haven't really decided on a playstyle* because I've only really used german light/medium tanks, one more reason to add sandbox mode**. also I can't really practice in higher tier tanks that much because nobody uses training rooms for what they are meant for*** and cant practice in real games because my victory ratio goes down and everyone is like 'haha lol 45% victory ratio lol u trash kid"
*Although I think I like either sniping or going heavy tank because I get stressed when I take too much dmg

** reason being that if i had known that I would like range or armor more before I went out and bought the tier 5 leopard I would have went for maus or something

*** Training rooms should be used for training and practice like the name suggests, not for playing runners vs rammers or prison or prot tier 1. I admit, I play (and make) some of those games too, but I feel like a gamemode used for custom games should be called something more like 'arcade mode.' for those about to rock who make actual training rooms like "x tank vs y tank" or "x country tanks vs y country tanks," I salute you.

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #17 Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]
I'll play in my Eraser BP44 for now

bwcamp #18 Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Post5ynt4x_3rr0r_, on 01 October 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

are you saying im bad at the game!?!??!
JK, yeah I get beat up a lot when I play really anything higher than 8. I also haven't really decided on a playstyle* because I've only really used german light/medium tanks, one more reason to add sandbox mode**. also I can't really practice in higher tier tanks that much because nobody uses training rooms for what they are meant for*** and cant practice in real games because my victory ratio goes down and everyone is like 'haha lol 45% victory ratio lol u trash kid"
*Although I think I like either sniping or going heavy tank because I get stressed when I take too much dmg

** reason being that if i had known that I would like range or armor more before I went out and bought the tier 5 leopard I would have went for maus or something

*** Training rooms should be used for training and practice like the name suggests, not for playing runners vs rammers or prison or prot tier 1. I admit, I play (and make) some of those games too, but I feel like a gamemode used for custom games should be called something more like 'arcade mode.' for those about to rock who make actual training rooms like "x tank vs y tank" or "x country tanks vs y country tanks," I salute you.

that's my point, you shouldn't be at high tiers. You ruin everyone elses game and it's not fun to get rekted

- EL_Din_1946

5ynt4x_3rr0r_ #19 Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 737 battles
  • [AM1ST]
TBF people with a 60-70%+ victory ratio also ruin everyone elses game by winning all the time. also I think we should move this conversation to DMs

bwcamp #20 Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Post5ynt4x_3rr0r_, on 01 October 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

TBF people with a 60-70%+ victory ratio also ruin everyone elses game by winning all the time. also I think we should move this conversation to DMs

Go ahead and send me one than. But I'd rather lose to a good player than lose because of a bad player on my team

- EL_Din_1946

Also tagged with suggestion, sandbox, ai, training

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users