Tiger 1 vs Tiger (P): The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...

Mr_2wertyxsads Thoughts Compare Similar Tiger I Tiger (P)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiger 1 vs Tiger (P): The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers... (41 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which tank do you think is better?

1. Tiger I (22 votes [53.66%])

Percentage of vote: 53.66%

2. Tiger (P) (11 votes [26.83%])

Percentage of vote: 26.83%

3. I don't have a prefrence (4 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

4. Give me my T29 and no one gets hurt (4 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

Vote Hide poll

Mr_2wertyxsad #1 Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2941 battles
  • [TOES]

Tiger I v Tiger (P):  German Science is Best Science!

The Tiger I and (P) are two of the icons of T7, and outside of this game.  One, the quintessential icon of WWII combat, a symbol that stood for a fearsome war machine and a strong military presence, And the other a abandoned prototype that gave birth to our favorite tank, the Elephant or Ferdinand.  They have the same guns, same engines, heck, even the same name.  So which one is the better tank out of these twin terrors?

Tiger I:  Takes a lickin', and beats you like a red-headed stepchild

To begin, the Tiger I.  This beast of a tank was strong and iconic before the heavy buffs that shook up T7 and 6.  It was played like a medium more than a heavy, boasting great DPM and a awesome gun to compensate for the armor lacking.  This tank was nothing special, another tank among dozens.  Then the updates of 6.7 hit, bringing both ATGM mechanics and T7 heavy buffs.  The Tiger I went from 100mms of frontal hull armor to 160mms of frontal hull armor, and thus began the reign of tyranny....

The Tiger I, by all accounts, is broken in average players hands.  The gun is good by Tier 7 standards, boasting 203mms of penetration for an average damage of 220.  And the gun is very accurate, even by German standards, at least for the heavies.  With only .308 dispersion it feels very accurate.  I find the tank lands most of the shots it takes if the shell is able to pen the armor.  It lacks in the Prammo department, with only 237 APCR pen without CS.  This gun is meant to bully mediums and snipe weak spots on other enemy tanks.  And it can, and does just that.  The Tiger I has insane mobility stats for its armor and classification.  With both foods and the +10 fuel, this tank can achieve speeds of 44km/h going forward.  This is major, because the only other heavies that can reach those speeds are of the fantasy department.  And it doesn't even throw the transmission out through the rear like the real thing!  The Tiger I is just all around a great tank, and a strong candidate for the top 5 of the best tanks in T7, preceded by the T29, BP, and Smasher.

Tiger (P):  I'll go on that diet next week, let me finish my burger...

This tank is like a longer, fatter clone of the Tiger I from before 6.7.  The tank boasts improved frontal armor, and slower speeds.  With 200mms of frontal armor at your disposal, you can very easily just hold the "W" key and drive headlong into the enemy.  And if you are lucky, you won't die right away!  Because any player worth their salt knows to go for two key weak spots:  The Cupola, and the sides.  If you over angle or forget to hide your cupola, you will take obscene amounts of damage.  Ronaldus, the dear friend who requested this comparison, has a great analogy for the Tigger (P):  "Play it like a Bishop, approach at a slight angle."  Only like 4 or 6 degrees is what you need, and you want.  Because those few degrees is the difference between making your tank cherry red, or a burning hulk on the map.  This tank has the same gun and accuracy as the Tiger I, so you are trading mobility for armor, a noteworthy and respectable trade, that is well worth it.  This tank is by many benchmarks, a "War Pig," or a useable option that players use like a crutch.  Think of tanks like the Smasher, the Chi-To SPG, the JPanther I, the T92, the T-22.  All of those are war pigs, as they take relatively little effort on the part of the player to make it work insane damage or plays.  These two tanks are so similar, the only real difference is the players themselves.

Tiger I:  Drop the Hammer, drive the Nail

This tank excels at one thing the Tiger (P) does not:  Sidescrape leading to a rush.  The Tiger I has 82mms of side armor, and a centrally placed turret.  This allows it to get better angles on side scraping and be better able to deal damage with impunity.  The Tiger I is also one of the many tanks in T7 that can absolutely destroy any T6 it comes across with ease.  It sometimes even gets the chance to bully stock T8s.  When this pig drops the hammer, you'd best be ready to take on 220 damage every 5 seconds, or you're toasted, roasted, and served to Meat_Locker in a Cerophane package.

Tiger I:  Speed is Key!

The Tiger I has one great thing about it:  The Mobility.  This tank zips across the battle field like a drugged up race horse that broke the handlers neck, and is running loose in the stable.  Use that mobility to get to locations quick, and sip make the enemy regret pressing "BATTLE."  The great thing about the mobility is it allows you to give chase to mediums that attempt relocation, and it allows YOU to relocate.

Tiger (P):  Broad and Fat, but Wearing a Top Hat

Hide.  The.  Cupola.  I cannot stress this enough.  If you do not you will make your frontal armor irrelevant.  It is easy to hide it, and farm with impunity.  All one needs to do is the AT-8 / 7 approach, and hide it behind hard cover like a building or a rock.  It is really that simple.  Then the enemy needs to either relocate or load Prammo and spam your LFP.  This tank does not have a large LFP either, it's about the same size as the trust you have for other players in this game to not be dumb.  So, almost nonexistent, but tauntingly there.

Tiger (P):  Slow and Steady sets up kills

This tank is slow, but worth it.  You show up a bit late to the party, but make up for it with 1.7k HP and the armor to back it up.  Your gun will shred people who try to 1v1 you, and your armor will scare most mediums and lights away.  Unless it's me in my T71.  Then I load HEAT and laugh at you.  But respectfully, of course o7.  The Tiger (P) is a bunker like the BP, just with less Bull{edited} armor and more focus on skill setting you up.

Authors notes and Final thoughts:

These two tanks are insanely close in terms of stats, player averages, and ability to carry.  But there is one thing that sets them apart:  WG's love, and history nuts circle {edied}ing around these chunks of flawed steel.

The Tiger I is the poster child of WG advertising.  People know it on sight, like the King Tiger.  They know this tank was legendary, and was one of the best tanks of the WWII engagement.  People seek to play it at least once in their career as a tanker on this game.  And to be fair, it is a great tank.  I have like a 70% wr on it after many battles, and I'm trash compared to most of you on the forums.  But, like all good things, they must come to an end.

I declare the Tiger (P) the winner of this comparison.  It has the lack of frontal weapoints when you use it right that make it a true terror on the field.  It has the same gun and abilities of the Tiger I, but with better armor to back it up.  You don't need to abuse mobility or a different stat to make obscene damage numbers.  All you need to use this tank is minor brain function and not have too many missing braincells.

The Tiger I, while boasting greater mobility and other soft gun stats such as better bloom and dispersion on the move, has a flaw.  The LFP is huge, and very easily penned by even T6 light tanks.  That is the weakness of the tank, and to hide it means you open yourself up to even more areas to be attacked from.

Please be sure to bring up anything I missed in the comments, I'm only one man going off mostly stats and personal experience in these tanks.  And a heads up:  My next post will feature a favorite of SD, the 30 1er Proto vs the Bickers CR

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

lol333cmr #2 Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8564 battles
  • [LDD]
Tiger (p) is much better in general.

LordDumptruck #3 Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18673 battles
  • [III-R]
Tiger I is my preference-what good is a heavy if you can’t influence a front line? With the Tiger I I get to help shape where initial contact is made and what critical terrain my team gets to control. I also get more flexibility in choosing whether to go the medium or heavy route depending on red and green lineups. In the tiger p I have to more frequently hope that my team makes good decisions while I’m getting into position, a hope which is frequently misplaced when red takes up effective firing positions and begins to rain enfilading fire on me or other heavies, or otherwise take advantage of early positioning mistakes that I couldn’t mitigate due to my slow speed. I’d rather be on the front foot with less armor than on the back foot with more. 

bwcamp #4 Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]
Tiger 1
The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Nathanronco #5 Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:20 PM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [BOMV]
I feel after the Tiger I buffs from 100mm to 165mm the Tiger I is in a very good spot indeed. It now has the armor (although not too good) and the speed to go with it. I do still like my Tiger (P), but I think the Tiger I has powercrept it a little bit.

Edited by Nathanronco, 01 October 2020 - 09:20 PM.

"It's not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes." - Joseph Stalin

_Cletus #6 Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:39 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32177 battles
  • [III-C]
I find the Tiger I to be a very divisive tank.  Love it or hate it.  For me, I can be much more effective slinging a boring old P.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:43 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 16412 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Cletus, on 01 October 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

, I can be much more effective slinging a boring old P.

That's what she said!

Mr_2wertyxsad #8 Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2941 battles
  • [TOES]

View PostNathanronco, on 01 October 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

I feel after the Tiger I buffs from 100mm to 165mm the Tiger I is in a very good spot indeed. It now has the armor (although not too good) and the speed to go with it. I do still like my Tiger (P), but I think the Tiger I has powercrept it a little bit.

In my experience, the Tiger I is what people use to stat pad and sweat in ratings, the (P) is the one they use when they want ol' reliable and don't need no "broken armor and mobility" to force a win for them.

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

_Crusader6_ #9 Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:03 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69945 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostMr_2wertyxsad, on 01 October 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

In my experience, the Tiger I is what people use to stat pad and sweat in ratings, the (P) is the one they use when they want ol' reliable and don't need no "broken armor and mobility" to force a win for them.

T29 ;)

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  433/433 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

whatzup22 #10 Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2884 battles

View Post_Crusader6_, on 02 October 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

T29 ;)

Im staying with my imo best tier 7 heavy: KV-3

;)

Go_tell_the_Spartans #11 Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13004 battles
  • [FTRP]
Just look at the frontal armor on the Tiger (P) ...hands down better than Tiger I.

Player_1143815523 #12 Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6431 battles
  • [PATY]

Nice, but the lower plate on the Tiger P is also a weak spot more than the tiger 1's lower plate. (to really a lower plate on the Tiger 1 but the part between the tracks

Player_1143815523 #13 Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6431 battles
  • [PATY]

Not instead of to sorry

Roberto577_One #14 Posted 02 October 2020 - 12:13 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 12308 battles
  • [CRU2L]

I hated the Tiger (P) with a passion, it was my first Tier 7 tank ever, and I've never forgiven it for my crimes. Plus, the cupola and lower plate are amongst the biggest weakspots at Tier 7. The Tiger I was my second Tier 7 tank, since I used the Tiger (P) to research it back before that research path was removed. My stats still suck in it, but I love it's mobility and how it can bully mediums.

View PostPlayer_1143815523, on 01 October 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

Not instead of to sorry

You can just hit the edit button to edit your first response rather than making another reply.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

Meat_Locker #15 Posted 02 October 2020 - 03:30 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51891 battles
  • [TOES]

I’m enjoying your write-ups, QWERTY. I don’t have either of these but face them often enough. I do find the P to be more frustrating to face. 

Looking forward to the European rivalry of 30 1er Proto v. Vickers as I have both. 

MRIGGS2345 #16 Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8723 battles
  • [DSRTD]
I'm with Cru, T29 FTW.  Out of those 2, tiger 1 though for me.  The P has the weaker lower plate that you can't angle like the 1, and lower mobility.  Since neither have all that great of gun depression (compared to T29) you really have to pick your spots during battle and I'd rather be able to relocate and traverse to protect my flank.

_Crusader6_ #17 Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:29 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69945 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostMRIGGS2345, on 02 October 2020 - 06:10 AM, said:

I'm with Cru, T29 FTW.  Out of those 2, tiger 1 though for me.  The P has the weaker lower plate that you can't angle like the 1, and lower mobility.  Since neither have all that great of gun depression (compared to T29) you really have to pick your spots during battle and I'd rather be able to relocate and traverse to protect my flank.

Tiger I, best tier 8 med in game ;)

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  433/433 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

dport02 #18 Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33840 battles
  • [-FE4R]
I love reading these, keep em up!
RNG is rigged !

vvk2 #19 Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76343 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 02 October 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

Tiger I, best tier 8 med in game ;)

I thought that was Helsing. Or is Helsing a light?

bwcamp #20 Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8233 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Postvvk2, on 02 October 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

I thought that was Helsing. Or is Helsing a light?

I'd put my money down on the Tiger over Helsing anyday

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users