E100 v VK 72.01 (K) - The Fight of the Fatties

Mr_2wertyxsads Thoughts Compare Similar E100 VK 72.01 (K)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: E100 v VK 72.01 (K) - The Fight of the Fatties (17 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which one is the better tank?

1. E100 (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. VK 72.01 (K) (1 vote [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Maus (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

4. T-22 Medium (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. The MS-1 (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Hide poll

Mr_2wertyxsad #1 Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3193 battles
  • [TOES]

The E100 v The VK 72.01 (K):

These two tanks are some of the fattest in T10, and it is no shock as to why.  Most of the German T10's need diets and personal treadmills, aside from the Leo 1, Grille 15, and E50 M.  The battle toay is between two of the more outcast heavies, the E100 and the VK 72.  One boasts awesome damage, and the other boasts the same.  These tanks are similar in concept, but in practice they could not be farther from the same.  The VK 72 is rear mounted for one thing, and the E100 has a LFP issue the VK does not. Let's meet our contenders and get to know them better!

E100:  German Gun, French Armor.

This tank is known throughout the game as being a heavy hitter and damage farming pro.  You can easily hit 2k per game by being smart and landing your HE shots where they count.  The E100 boasts an impressive 640 alpha for the AP shell, which is the norm for a 150mm German gun.  The pen is also great, with 258mm's for the standard AP shell without CS.  This tank can easily butter through most of the tanks it meets, and that's without HEAT.  With HEAT it will get upwards of 334mms, also known as "More than enough to pen the UFP of the Maus if it isn't angling."  The E100 leans more to the slow side, given it's weight and stance on those tracks.  It also has some large, glaring weak spots. The tank is able to be penned by just about EVERYTHING in T10 just under the turret, on the ring.  you aim there with AP and you'll pen every time.  It can't be angled like the turret can, so they can't defend it.  All one has to do is be able to think straight with that large gun pointed at you and you'll own yourself a E100 damage piñata. but that is no easy feat if the E100 is a skilled player.  They know how to angle the turret and hull to maximize bounces, they know where to aim to deal maximum damage.  And they can do everything you can, but better.

VK 72.01 (K):  Why do you exist again?

The VK 72 is a nice idea, but a horrid execution.  The powerful frontal armor is comanding, until you note the strip across the front that can be easily penned by literally any other heavy tank or a HEAT spamming medium.  And the cheek tumors that can be penned by everyone in T10 and T9.  The gun has okay aim time, and the premise of the tank allows it to side scrape with ease, being rear mounted.  But the tank is just awkward to deal with.  You over angle, you get penned.  You under angle, penned.  You perfectly angle but don't hide the tumor?  Penned.  The tank has almost the same gun as the E100, it just aims slightly faster due to the smaller and rounder turret.  This tank honestly only has one thing over the E100:  It follows a subpar line where the T9 does better than the head of the line, and the T8 is ignored En Masse.  

E100:  Wiggle Wiggle POP

You can actually bounce in this tank.  This tank, when angled right, is unpennable by AP, and even HEAT has issues getting through.  The VK 72, by comparison, only is unpennable when it is in the position to hide the strip and the Tumor.  This whole thing might seem bare bones, but I am running out of reasons to draw this out any longer....

E100:  Oldie and a Goodie

The E100 is a standard in Blitz.  You see it most games, it performs well, and you feel safe when you see a pro clan tag in one.  This tank does better than the VK 72 in most situations, and the tank simply is overall better in terms of hitbox and profile.  This debate is less debate and more PSA, don't use the VK 72 if you like bouncing shots...

VK 72:  Works on paper, turns to scrap in field

This tank is not that good overall compared to the many other options you can drive.  Heck, I'd rather drag the Grille into the frontline than play this tank.  The tumors make it unplayable to me, and in practice is what made the tank easily beatable in the field.  I've eaten them alive in my E100, IS-4, and even my T-22.  The tank has promise, but unless WG changes something about the tumors (Which I have half a mind to think were put there to keep it from being OP in side scrape), then this tank will be over shadowed by the E100 any day of the week.

Not even going to bother with the stats, they are too close to differentiate anyway, just the E100 has way more players and the VK 72 has like a .40% lead in wins.

TTFN, and I'm going to go wash my hands and be done with this, I dislike this thread and I hate myself for doing this comparison..

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

whatzup22 #2 Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3038 battles
  • [FOIL]
Those turret bubbles of the 72.01 are a pain. A great sidescraping design: real mounted turret, spherical turret and decent gun handling. But it cannot sidescrape. Its predecessors feature flat sides and idk the sudden change in playstyle can be weird.

Edited by whatzup22, 05 October 2020 - 04:42 AM.

Mr_2wertyxsad #3 Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3193 battles
  • [TOES]

View Postwhatzup22, on 04 October 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

Those turret bubbles of the 72.01 are a pain. A great sidescraping design: real mounted turret, spherical turret and decent gun handling. But it cannot sidescrape. Its predecessors feature flat sides and idk the sudden change in playstyle can be weird.

Main reason why the drop in players from the VK 45.0whatever B to the VK 72.  The tank doesn't follow the same playstyle.  It is perfect in everything BUT those tumors.  It's like a runner in the Olympics tearing his/her ACL mid stride and eating it on the track

There's a time for talk and a Time for shooting.

Now Shut up and send 'em some Lead!

thenerfdude #4 Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:57 AM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 30395 battles
  • [_AUS_]

The VK720.1 is very good for baiting shots, the E100 has good side armor and upper plate.

both tanks have the same guns ( kind of )

but it all comes down to who has the barn as a turret and who doesnt :P

Edited by thenerfdude, 05 October 2020 - 12:45 PM.

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time 

Roberto577_One #5 Posted 06 October 2020 - 07:52 PM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 12315 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostMr_2wertyxsad, on 04 October 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Main reason why the drop in players from the VK 45.0whatever B to the VK 72.  The tank doesn't follow the same playstyle.  It is perfect in everything BUT those tumors.  It's like a runner in the Olympics tearing his/her ACL mid stride and eating it on the track

That imagery made me gag.

The E-100's turret itself is super weak, just load HEAT and you'll go through all day long. Especially if you have the 374 HEAT pen that many Tier 9 and 10 heavies get with CS, at that point the E-100's armor becomes irrelevant.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

_Crusader6_ #6 Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:20 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRoberto577_One, on 06 October 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

That imagery made me gag.

The E-100's turret itself is super weak, just load HEAT and you'll go through all day long. Especially if you have the 374 HEAT pen that many Tier 9 and 10 heavies get with CS, at that point the E-100's armor becomes irrelevant.

Keep in mind angled at gun depression the E 100 turret will bounce pretty much anything

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users