Jump to content


What's next for the EU Tech Tree?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

daREAL_trainboi #1 Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:39 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 16084 battles
  • 798
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

Hello all,

 

After years of waiting, the Swedish heavies have finally arrived in Blitz. This fun and unique line could set the stage for others to follow. Here I will go over the possible branches we could see in the future as the European line has a host of possibilities. While anything from Swiss mediums to Czech heavies can make the cut, I'm just going to focus on the lines in PC for now.

 

The first are the Czech medium tanks. Not only are they fast and maneuverable, they also have autoloaders. We could see as many as 6 tanks from tiers VI-X. The Skoda T 25 could start the branch. If you have played the German T 25, the Skoda is almost identical apart from its 3-shell autoloader. The Tier 7 T-34/100 is for any fans of big alpha with a 100mm gun pumping out 280 alpha damage-another big gun for Tier VII. The TVP VTU Koncept is an interesting vehicle with 88mm, 100mm, and 105mm gun options dealing 220, 280, and 310 damage respectively along with a fast flanking playstyle and little armor. Tiers IX and X bring the T 50 and TVP 50/51 with 100mm autoloaders, the IX having three and the X having four shells in their magazines. These quick drummers would make a fine addition to the Italians. Could we see these in the future? It's possible, but I think WG will probably focus on single shot tanks instead to bring more conventional gameplay to the Italian branch.

 

The next line is Swedish tank destroyers never mind I won't be silly. Really, it's Italian heavy tanks oh screw me we don't need another auto reloading line in the game never mind it's Swedish mediums NO HYDROPNEUMATIC SUSPENSION SYSTEMS oh fine I'll shut up now.

 

For real, we have two other possibilities to immediately add. The first, and probably most likely based on the 50TP prototype is the Polish heavy tanks. Now these could be real winners. The line starts at Tier VII with the 45TP. Take the guns of the T29, mate them with sloped armor and a bouncy turret, add decent gun depression all on a very fast and mobile chassis and you've got the 45TP Habicha. Not the best in armor and more of a support heavy, the 45TP is a transition between mediums and heavies. Immediately after is the 53TP. It shares some traits but gets a little slower, the armor gets better, and the gun selection improves. The top gun is a 122mm with 218mm of standard penetration and 400 alpha-a standard Tier 8 122 with average stats. But it still retains some strengths including a bouncy turret and decent gun depression. The 50TP Tyszkiewicza (not the 50TP prototype) is next in line. The armor is miles better and is more Soviet with a rounded turret, and a sloped frontal armor plate. The gun depression is still good and the mobility is IS-esqe. The outstanding feature is a massive 130mm gun that puts the WZ-111 1-4 to shame. This truly is a heavy tank. And finally, the 60TP crowns the branch. Mobile with a rounded turret, and great gun depression, this tank also mounts a massive 152mm cannon. Imagine an IS-4, with gun depression, and a high alpha gun. That's practically the 60TP-a more versatile E 100 that bridges the gap between heavy tanks and super heavy tanks. 

Overall the Polish heavies seem a lot more likely due to the 50TP prototype in testing as it will help WG develop this line.

 

Hey, what about the Polish medium no one knows about the polish mediums because no one cares because they are so boring and forgettable.

 

So that's it! Tell me if there are any other countries you would like to see represented in the EU nation and what you think the next line will be?


 


wannabeunicum #2 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:11 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 49531 battles
  • 5,795
  • [-MM]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015
Buffing or adding more autoloaders are the best way to reduce draws that WG says they want to fix due to the heavy hp buff. Buffing tds just promote more players to play tds and heavies leading to a more camping meta in general. Autoloaders are the actual tanks that can break a stalemate with the flexibility that TDs often lack to be able to support key pushes to break a stalemate.

daREAL_trainboi #3 Posted 14 October 2020 - 01:44 AM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 16084 battles
  • 798
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019
...

 


RoadKutter #4 Posted 14 October 2020 - 03:47 AM

    Polish Demolish

  • Players
  • 46532 battles
  • 4,899
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

Seriously they just added to a brand new line.......

although the Pudel would be a nice addition 


                         

                    Ghosting reds since 2014

 

                

                                                                  


Vantablack12 #5 Posted 14 October 2020 - 04:36 AM

    Ready, Fire, Aim!

  • Players
  • 18553 battles
  • 2,514
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostRoadKutter, on 13 October 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Seriously they just added to a brand new line.......

although the Pudel would be a nice addition 

The Pudle is in early development. Discord is the source.


Edited by Vantablack12, 14 October 2020 - 04:37 AM.

                                                         "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne.

 

                                                       

                                                                            Bring back the in-game Forum link!

 


thenerfdude #6 Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:34 AM

    Ramming Speed!

  • Players
  • 40875 battles
  • 569
  • [_AUS_]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

Polish heavies are next for sure, there is already being a polish heavy tank being tested.

 

although it has been in test for a while now  :mellow:


I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Visit my website!


Valkyrie04 #7 Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:11 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9024 battles
  • 234
  • [FOIL]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2019

View Postthenerfdude, on 14 October 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

Polish heavies are next for sure, there is already being a polish heavy tank being tested.

 

although it has been in test for a while now  :mellow:

Good lord, it's been sooo long since I've heard about the 50TP, I even forgot about it completely lol



bwcamp #8 Posted 14 October 2020 - 12:04 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8815 battles
  • 1,254
  • [MOD3]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016
Wow, some people are never pleased XD
We just got a new tech tree, enjoy that for abit.
But for the Swedish meds, I think we could work around it. Bump Strv 81 into tier 8 TT, and the Lanson C into tier 9 TT, than tier 10 would have to do some thinking.....could just make up a tank, that's what Japan TDs basically are XD

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946
 

_BobaFett #9 Posted 14 October 2020 - 07:32 PM

    I'm not at the beach, this is a bathtub!

  • Players
  • 18383 battles
  • 2,189
  • [BOBA_]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018
I'd honestly like to see them separate the Italian and Swedish nations into individual tech trees before they add more tanks. But I would really like to see the 60TP Lewandowskiego in Blitz.


bwcamp #10 Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:32 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8815 battles
  • 1,254
  • [MOD3]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016

View PostNathanronco, on 14 October 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

I'd honestly like to see them separate the Italian and Swedish nations into individual tech trees before they add more tanks. But I would really like to see the 60TP Lewandowskiego in Blitz.

Yeah, doing a European tech tree was a bad idea if they were just gonna add a bunch.
I'd like them to rework the suspension physics so they can add more swedes :)



The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946
 

daREAL_trainboi #11 Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:58 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 16084 battles
  • 798
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019
Personally I'm fine with a pan European branch if they put effort into it and make it huge.

 


daREAL_trainboi #12 Posted 14 October 2020 - 09:00 PM

    The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

  • Players
  • 16084 battles
  • 798
  • [PRD]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

View Postbwcamp, on 14 October 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

Wow, some people are never pleased XD
We just got a new tech tree, enjoy that for abit.
But for the Swedish meds, I think we could work around it. Bump Strv 81 into tier 8 TT, and the Lanson C into tier 9 TT, than tier 10 would have to do some thinking.....could just make up a tank, that's what Japan TDs basically are XD


cool ideas and ofc I'm pleased. It's called speculation and looking ahead. Next pan euro branch probably won't be for a year or more.


 


Hye_yeon_Cho #13 Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:16 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 954 battles
  • 468
  • Member since:
    09-22-2019

Peeps need time to get used to swedes being in the game and let them be like "oh look a kranvagn, meh" instead of "ooommmmfffffggg it's a kranvagggn howww diiid he ggrind it already."


Edited by Hye_yeon_Cho, 15 October 2020 - 12:17 AM.


_SeenThe #14 Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:45 AM

    Floof Fanatic

  • Players
  • 30198 battles
  • 1,163
  • [N3GR0]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 13 October 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

 

For real, we have two other possibilities to immediately add. The first, and probably most likely based on the 50TP prototype is the Polish heavy tanks. Now these could be real winners. The line starts at Tier VII with the 45TP. Take the guns of the T29, mate them with sloped armor and a bouncy turret, add decent gun depression all on a very fast and mobile chassis and you've got the 45TP Habicha. Not the best in armor and more of a support heavy, the 45TP is a transition between mediums and heavies. Immediately after is the 53TP. It shares some traits but gets a little slower, the armor gets better, and the gun selection improves. The top gun is a 122mm with 218mm of standard penetration and 400 alpha-a standard Tier 8 122 with average stats. But it still retains some strengths including a bouncy turret and decent gun depression. The 50TP Tyszkiewicza (not the 50TP prototype) is next in line. The armor is miles better and is more Soviet with a rounded turret, and a sloped frontal armor plate. The gun depression is still good and the mobility is IS-esqe. The outstanding feature is a massive 130mm gun that puts the WZ-111 1-4 to shame. This truly is a heavy tank. And finally, the 60TP crowns the branch. Mobile with a rounded turret, and great gun depression, this tank also mounts a massive 152mm cannon. Imagine an IS-4, with gun depression, and a high alpha gun. That's practically the 60TP-a more versatile E 100 that bridges the gap between heavy tanks and super heavy tanks. 

Overall the Polish heavies seem a lot more likely due to the 50TP prototype in testing as it will help WG develop this line.

 

Hey, what about the Polish medium no one knows about the polish mediums because no one cares because they are so boring and forgettable.

 

So that's it! Tell me if there are any other countries you would like to see represented in the EU nation and what you think the next line will be?

i feel the 60tp would powercreep the e100 outta the game.....better mobility,a lot better turret and a smaller lower plate....

unless the e100 gets the turret face buff it deserves.......


Edited by CommanderSean_2014, 26 October 2020 - 06:46 AM.

Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

 

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

 
 

thenerfdude #15 Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:27 PM

    Ramming Speed!

  • Players
  • 40875 battles
  • 569
  • [_AUS_]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

Well guess I was wrong....Next up, Czech mediums!

 

Better than polish heavies, we don't need the heavy meta to be pumped up even more  :rolleyes:


I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Visit my website!


_Bland #16 Posted 03 December 2020 - 03:12 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10253 battles
  • 399
  • [DINGO]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2016
Man I want more thicc heavies though.  I was crushed when they said they weren't adding those nice chonky japanese heavies, and the maus is all alone in its thiccness

TOG II + floaties + boat engine= mobile island

 


Hye_yeon_Cho #17 Posted 03 December 2020 - 03:23 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 954 battles
  • 468
  • Member since:
    09-22-2019

View PostCaptainhi04, on 03 December 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

Man I want more thicc heavies though.  I was crushed when they said they weren't adding those nice chonky japanese heavies, and the maus is all alone in its thiccness

This.






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users