Jump to content


Way of the Raider


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:14 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • 876
  • [RGN]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

Where does courage end and madness begin? Raiders of the Wasteland don't care! Even HE shells flying towards their cabin won't scare them (at least, that's what they say). The Way beckons raiders with rewards at each stage. And they'll enter battles and complete missions over and over again just to get resources, attachments, and monstrous tanks.

 

 

Full news text


 

 


RonaldusMaximus_ #2 Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:20 PM

    Self-Righteous Prick

  • Players
  • 16365 battles
  • 4,385
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

@Ribblestripe...

What is the list of Post Apocalyptic Tanks?

 

*full news text link is broken


Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 15 October 2020 - 01:24 PM.

 


BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 15 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26791 battles
  • 9,119
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostRibbleStripe, on 15 October 2020 - 05:14 AM, said:

Where does courage end and madness begin? Raiders of the Wasteland don't care! Even HE shells flying towards their cabin won't scare them (at least, that's what they say). The Way beckons raiders with rewards at each stage. And they'll enter battles and complete missions over and over again just to get resources, attachments, and monstrous tanks.

 

 

Full news text

 

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 15 October 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

@Ribblestripe...

What is the list of Post Apocalyptic Tanks?

 

*full news text link is broken

 

This is the correct link:

https://na.wotblitz....-of-the-raider/

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


tankeatingtiger #4 Posted 15 October 2020 - 02:43 PM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 28367 battles
  • 2,972
  • [D2TH]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 15 October 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

@Ribblestripe...

What is the list of Post Apocalyptic Tanks?

 

*full news text link is broken

Annihilator, Spike, Scavenger, Gravedigger, Smasher, or Tankenstein


Balance Change History Spreadsheet

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers


daREAL_trainboi #5 Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:18 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8310 battles
  • 154
  • [UWU_]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2019

Oh yay, now an event we HAVE to pay for to get the best rewards.

 

All criticisms aside, this looks like a fun event. Plus, new gamemode and a mini-event-thing with Korn sounds cool. I never was much a fan of other themed events but this I like.

 

Now where's my rear-turreted Soviet medium line! Ive already seen the STG in testing, looks pretty cool and actually balanced.

 

Keep it up WG!

 


"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:M41 Walker Bulldog, favorite medium:Comet, favorite heavy:KV-2, favorite TD: Nashorn.

     but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

 

 


bwcamp #6 Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:38 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8233 battles
  • 791
  • [WOY1]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016

Wow, so they are moving into events that you have to actually pay to finish? Niice


The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

Vantablack12 #7 Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:57 PM

    Professional Idiot

  • Players
  • 15854 battles
  • 1,690
  • [K9]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

So its not even possible to go past level 16 without the pyroleum trailer?

View Postbwcamp, on 15 October 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

Wow, so they are moving into events that you have to actually pay to finish? Niice

I think they started that trend when they first released Uprising mode. Thats the first event that I remember having to pay to get the whole thing.


"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

                                                       


twirlingtowardsfreedom #8 Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:15 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35011 battles
  • 690
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014

Had to pop in and give wargaming some appreciation for having a crazy beautiful theme background AND pairing it with no repetitive annoying sounds. Thank you thank you.

:girl:



RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:51 PM

    Self-Righteous Prick

  • Players
  • 16365 battles
  • 4,385
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostVantablack12, on 15 October 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

So its not even possible to go past level 16 without the pyroleum trailer?

I think they started that trend when they first released Uprising mode. Thats the first event that I remember having to pay to get the whole thing.

 

The first Made Games event. I do not think you were able to get the Gravedigger for free


 


_Zakalwe_ #10 Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27288 battles
  • 1,065
  • [AGILE]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2016

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 15 October 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

 

The first Made Games event. I do not think you were able to get the Gravedigger for free

 

I got it free, but the grind was horrendous.



CatFromMars11 #11 Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:36 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2265 battles
  • 133
  • [LEGO_]
  • Member since:
    03-27-2020
Can you use boosters in both regular and burning games battles?

Edited by CatFromMars11, 15 October 2020 - 08:36 PM.


generalhonks #12 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7744 battles
  • 1,119
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2019
I like the event. The crates are a good idea, give you 10% chance on each crate.

 

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!


TengenToppaPotatoLagann #13 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:58 PM

    ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

  • Players
  • 60166 battles
  • 3,911
  • [RNG_Y]
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

View Postbwcamp, on 15 October 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

Wow, so they are moving into events that you have to actually pay to finish? Niice

How long ago was the original drac/helsing event? Or the event where the wz-112 and wz-blaze were the prizes?

Heck, most people couldn't get the is-3d, when it first dropped, without a bit of gold...

 

WG has set the prizes *tantalizingly close* yet just out of reach since before your account was even created... How are you only noticing that now?


Edited by TengenToppaPotatoLagann, 15 October 2020 - 10:58 PM.

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.


bwcamp #14 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:44 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8233 battles
  • 791
  • [WOY1]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 15 October 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

How long ago was the original drac/helsing event? Or the event where the wz-112 and wz-blaze were the prizes?

Heck, most people couldn't get the is-3d, when it first dropped, without a bit of gold...

 

WG has set the prizes *tantalizingly close* yet just out of reach since before your account was even created... How are you only noticing that now?

You literally can't get it without paying(at least that's what I take from the "pyroleum trailer)....that's nothing like before, the others just had an insane grind without paying


The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

_Zakalwe_ #15 Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:23 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27288 battles
  • 1,065
  • [AGILE]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2016

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 15 October 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

How long ago was the original drac/helsing event? Or the event where the wz-112 and wz-blaze were the prizes?

Heck, most people couldn't get the is-3d, when it first dropped, without a bit of gold...

 

WG has set the prizes *tantalizingly close* yet just out of reach since before your account was even created... How are you only noticing that now?

 

Drac/Helsing was Halloween 2016, a month or two after I started. Getting one tank was easy, I got it with a tier 6 or 7 back when event mission rewards were higher at higher tiers.

 

The Glacial and Blaze event was I think Chinese New Year 2017. By then it was a bit harder (I think 120k vs. 108k for a Drac or Helsing) but by then I had a tier 8.

 

Kinda OT but with all the free boosters, discount certs and premium time we get nowadays, new players climb the tiers so much faster nowadays compared to then. After a month, people are already asking what tier 10 to get.



bwcamp #16 Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:38 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8233 battles
  • 791
  • [WOY1]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016

View Post_Zakalwe_, on 15 October 2020 - 11:23 PM, said:

 

Drac/Helsing was Halloween 2016, a month or two after I started. Getting one tank was easy, I got it with a tier 6 or 7 back when event mission rewards were higher at higher tiers.

 

The Glacial and Blaze event was I think Chinese New Year 2017. By then it was a bit harder (I think 120k vs. 108k for a Drac or Helsing) but by then I had a tier 8.

 

Kinda OT but with all the free boosters, discount certs and premium time we get nowadays, new players climb the tiers so much faster nowadays compared to then. After a month, people are already asking what tier 10 to get.

I wasn't around for 2016 halloween, but I do remember Chinese New Year. Ah the good old days, people actually knew out to play......course everyone seemed great back than cause I sucked


The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

wrecker1968 #17 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

    Head of Security

  • Players
  • 54592 battles
  • 1,867
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016

So, For ANYONE to finish this event you need to spend at least $30?

 

Just saying.



RibbleStripe #18 Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:59 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • 876
  • [RGN]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View Postbwcamp, on 15 October 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Wow, so they are moving into events that you have to actually pay to finish? Niice

 

There are events like this one and the ones where all the prizes are available without paying. E75 TS event was in the game recently, for example. 

 

View Postwrecker1968, on 18 October 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

So, For ANYONE to finish this event you need to spend at least $30?

 

Just saying.

 

Well if your calculation is based on 'non-playing' approach you might be right. 

 


 

 


wrecker1968 #19 Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:14 PM

    Head of Security

  • Players
  • 54592 battles
  • 1,867
  • [HOUSE]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 October 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

 

There are events like this one and the ones where all the prizes are available without paying. E75 TS event was in the game recently, for example. 

 

 

Well if your calculation is based on 'non-playing' approach you might be right. 

 

 Actually I was basing it on playing , I could be wrong with the math. Your Ad says that you will only make it to level 16 without paying for the trailer. Trailer is $10. Understand you get a couple extra missions with it, But you will still be shy of Level 60. So I figure you will have to spend somewhere around $20 worth of gold. Which will equal a grand total of $30. Maybe a little less as long as you do not miss one of the 15 days consecutively.

 Did I miss something?



War_Vet_1 #20 Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:16 PM

    Major Disaster

  • Players
  • 17667 battles
  • 2,029
  • [4ROG]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View Postwrecker1968, on 19 October 2020 - 11:14 PM, said:

 Actually I was basing it on playing , I could be wrong with the math. Your Ad says that you will only make it to level 16 without paying for the trailer. Trailer is $10. Understand you get a couple extra missions with it, But you will still be shy of Level 60. So I figure you will have to spend somewhere around $20 worth of gold. Which will equal a grand total of $30. Maybe a little less as long as you do not miss one of the 15 days consecutively.

 Did I miss something?

 

Yeah but you get the event tank at level 45. You don;t need to go to level 60.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users