Heavy tank Circle of death Surviving

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Lucs_gabriel #1 Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4244 battles
  • [RED40]

Well, since I play as a heavy tank very often, I sometimes find myself rather far from my teammates for many reasons (for example, they decided to go to another place); and sometimes I need to face a medium/light tank and it starts to... Sigh... Circle me, and my HTs have a slow turret traverse speed (I think is that). What tips do you guys have to INCREASE my chances of surviving in one of those situations (if there's one)?

Thanks!

Edited by Lucs_gabriel, 15 October 2020 - 07:43 PM.

boris55555 #2 Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:27 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 31580 battles
  • [MINC]
Sure is; mostly. Some luminaries will be on in a bit to explain it better. 1. Traverse the tracks and turret 2. Try to track them 3. Try to rub up against some hard cover like a building... this way you cut off the circle.

Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!! 

& thank you 

_Zakalwe_ #3 Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27837 battles
  • [AGILE]
Hard cover is your friend. Don't be a heavy in the open unless you're with teammates. Think about moving from hard cover to hard cover, then position your tank up against a cliff, a wall, etc., to stop someone from circling you.

KempBushThe3rd #4 Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:54 PM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 17306 battles
  • [SEAL]
Try to avoid getting isolated from your team in the first place. If you do find yourself getting COD'd, turn both the turret and tracks to keep your gun on them, and try to get yourself against a wall so they can't complete the circle. Better yet, pin them against the wall so you and your teammates can kill them (but always do it at an angle, if you do it head on they can just slide past).

RonaldusMaximus_ #5 Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:02 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17225 battles
  • [III-C]
Drive forward. If you try to spin in place you are doomed.

Lucs_gabriel #6 Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4244 battles
  • [RED40]
Thank you guys so much!

waga100 #7 Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

Firstly always follow your team don't go to one empty side because you feel you should, because you'll just die uselessly

but if you do and are COD'd back right into hard cover

and if not a lot of tanks are only just fast enough to do it so you can often catch them out if you suddenly switch from turning one way to another. Something like a drac and you're done but a medium or a t49 might not be able to turn in time

I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there

LtRaseiniai #8 Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76777 battles
  • [EWENS]

When Blitz started six years ago, mediums ruled the world.

Concep, Thunderthies, and a few other people that came over from the PC game terrorized  everyone playing the game with their circles of death.

acrisis #9 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21272 battles
  • [III-C]

In the first year WOTB was out, I recall a double COD by a platoon of medium drivers from a well known clan at the time ... it was glorious to witness. 

So many buffs to heavies and nerfs to mediums later ... good luck trying to COD in a medium or even a light tank. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

4sfield #10 Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:51 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]
  Make contact with them (ram) or track when you can, if you kill their momentum they can’t continue the COD. It’s also hard to COD a heavy on a hillside or a slope, if you can find one of those they are your friend, dunes and mounds minimize the chances of being COD’d as well. The hard cover to back against thing works too. The best advice though is to not get yourself into a spot where you’re caught in the open.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #11 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:23 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 61572 battles
  • [RNG_Y]

Mmmmmmmk OP

so, assuming that you don't have access to hard cover, I need you to picture in your mind the path that they're going to take.

Are they doing wide circles around you?  Or are they right next to you/ just kinda driving in a square around you?

Wide circles: make their circle bigger-> back away from them, and turn while doing so. It should feel like you're trying to reverse onto the same path that they're attempting to take, while your gun comes around and onto target.

If they make it past your gun start turning your turret back the other way, while moving forward in the other direction, again opening the circle and trying to intersect their path.

Squaring you: make aggressive contact-> forward or back, twisting into them, however you can plow your heavy into their tracks to slow them down, do it. 

Also worth mentioning: if you're in water, get out asap as it will bog down heavies more than the average med/light... That said, if you can make their path go through water, though, that might give you the half second edge you need to get your gun on them. 

Also also worth mentioning: unless it's a Drac, you might consider using an HE shell to blow off their tracks.

#2 TOG pilot (na) (retired)

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

Vantablack12 #12 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:31 PM

Crayon Eating World Champion

• Players
  • 16259 battles
  • [K9]

Someone needs to make a rulebook for Blitz. With don't yolo at number one, don't go town at number two, and dont get circled at number three.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

BorisBaddenov #13 Posted 15 October 2020 - 11:42 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26954 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostVantablack12, on 15 October 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

Someone needs to make a rulebook for Blitz. With don't yolo at number one, don't go town at number two, and dont get circled at number three.

What if I yolo into town?  The buildings prevent me from being COD'd.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

bwcamp #14 Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8234 battles
  • [WOY1]
Like others said, hard cover, same for TDs
The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

tedg5 #15 Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:36 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 57634 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 15 October 2020 - 11:42 PM, said:

What if I yolo into town?  The buildings prevent me from being COD'd.

Peace-

Boris

Then you win the Trifecta! Unfortunately it’s in the nub sweepstakes. :medal:

_Zakalwe_ #16 Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27837 battles
  • [AGILE]
I remember the first time I saw a Drac CoD someone. The victim backed up against a rock or house or something, but it didn't matter. That Drac circled them both faster than anything I've ever seen before.

Lucs_gabriel #17 Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4244 battles
  • [RED40]

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 15 October 2020 - 11:23 PM, said:

Mmmmmmmk OP

so, assuming that you don't have access to hard cover, I need you to picture in your mind the path that they're going to take.

Are they doing wide circles around you?  Or are they right next to you/ just kinda driving in a square around you?

Wide circles: make their circle bigger-> back away from them, and turn while doing so. It should feel like you're trying to reverse onto the same path that they're attempting to take, while your gun comes around and onto target.

If they make it past your gun start turning your turret back the other way, while moving forward in the other direction, again opening the circle and trying to intersect their path.

Squaring you: make aggressive contact-> forward or back, twisting into them, however you can plow your heavy into their tracks to slow them down, do it. 

Also worth mentioning: if you're in water, get out asap as it will bog down heavies more than the average med/light... That said, if you can make their path go through water, though, that might give you the half second edge you need to get your gun on them. 

Also also worth mentioning: unless it's a Drac, you might consider using an HE shell to blow off their tracks.

Those were very helpful tips, thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users