Jump to content


The Spike Is A Loss Magnet


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

MarBearCat #1 Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:15 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

10 battles and 2 wins.

 

Lowered my win rate from 57.03 to 57.01

 

Unreal considering how many battles I have.

 

All Top tier


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #2 Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:17 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostMarBearCat, on 17 October 2020 - 08:15 PM, said:

10 battles and 2 wins.

 

Lowered my win rate from 57.03 to 57.01

 

Unreal considering how many battles I have.

 

All Top tier

 

I stripped it and will never use again.

 

Waste of credits buying equipment for it.


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #3 Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:53 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015
Welp, at least I;m 3-0 in Burning event with Smasher. 2 kills, 2 kills, 5 kills. :)

 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


alphablob #4 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 40226 battles
  • 414
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

View PostMarBearCat, on 18 October 2020 - 01:53 AM, said:

Welp, at least I;m 3-0 in Burning event with Smasher. 2 kills, 2 kills, 5 kills. :)

 

Event games don't count for your stats.


Camo net is for cowards.

MarBearCat #5 Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:06 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Postalphablob, on 17 October 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

 

Event games don't count for your stats.

No kidding 

 

You think I just got off the boat?


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


crpl_hicks #6 Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:00 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5889 battles
  • 1,534
  • [KOP]
  • Member since:
    05-22-2015
Live & learn?

 

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"


MarBearCat #7 Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:05 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 17 October 2020 - 11:00 PM, said:

Live & learn?

About what?

 

20% win rate.

 

Worse start of a premium/collector tank yet.

 

Though My Eraser BP is right behind with 3 wins out of 9.

 

I should bring that out for a loss. make it an even 30% not 33.3% win rate.


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


Meat_Locker #8 Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:20 AM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 51869 battles
  • 2,057
  • [TOES]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

Not enough games to draw a conclusion, Mope-a-haunt-us. 
 

Take a break and come back to it. I ran 16.67% in the tier7 Leo and put it aside for a day.  Went back to it  with upgraded gun & mantlet and an 80%crew and kicked booty to 57%.  It is just short-term bad teams and luck. 



   

 

 

 


MarBearCat #9 Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:37 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostMeat_Locker, on 18 October 2020 - 02:20 AM, said:

Not enough games to draw a conclusion, Mope-a-haunt-us. 
 

Take a break and come back to it. I ran 16.67% in the tier7 Leo and put it aside for a day.  Went back to it  with upgraded gun & mantlet and an 80%crew and kicked booty to 57%.  It is just short-term bad teams and luck. 

Not a good example Slow-Didly, my tanks are all 100% and the losses mount.

 

Eraser BP latest tank to be disappointed in.


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


Meat_Locker #10 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:44 AM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 51869 battles
  • 2,057
  • [TOES]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

Have you looked at the Spike in Armor Inspector? Have you explored the stats to find its weaknesses (dispersion sucks, very poor armor) and its strengths (gun depression, aim time, & decent mobility)?

 

It isn’t an OP event tank. It is a boring tier 5 tank. 



   

 

 

 


MarBearCat #11 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:53 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostMeat_Locker, on 18 October 2020 - 04:44 AM, said:

Have you looked at the Spike in Armor Inspector? Have you explored the stats to find its weaknesses (dispersion sucks, very poor armor) and its strengths (gun depression, aim time, & decent mobility)?

 

It isn’t an OP event tank. It is a boring tier 5 tank. 

I've used the gun depression when I can.

 

It may be boring but it shouldn't be a 20% tank :(


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #12 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:55 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostMarBearCat, on 18 October 2020 - 04:53 AM, said:

I've used the gun depression when I can.

 

It may be boring but it shouldn't be a 20% tank :(

And the Eraser shouldn't be a 27% tank.

 

These 2 tanks wrecked my win rate


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #13 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:44 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

"When Cats Get Broken"........teammates :angry:

 

Episode 1

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


acrisis #14 Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:37 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21026 battles
  • 12,610
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

Bad teams happen all the time to anybody ... 

 

RE: video

An AFK & A camper

Slow out of the gate / indecisive as to where to go

Takes almost a minute before a first shot, you kept safe from kv1 but went after a low tier tank ... so KV1 could carry on unopposed. 

Then suddenly 4 v 2, red had four guns on your team mate ... three of them were quite low health ... but you were farming the kv1 from cover ... not much one can do without any coordination or regrouping ... then red had multiple lines of fire on you ... you poked out sideways to try to aim in a shot across ... where ideally you would have remained out of sight for the guy across ... see if 

 

Anyhow, just 0.02 after the fact ... we all do that kind of stuff, and not much one can do with bad teams and AFKs, you think it’ll go ok, but everybody folds ... 

 

Perhaps keep in mind on shots that take red guns out and keep team mates alive.

With average teams, do you use quick commands? sos, focus fire? 

 

 


 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

 [ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

 


Doilky #15 Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

    (Doh-Key)

  • Players
  • 20361 battles
  • 802
  • [MSTRY]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

I realize you just want to vent.  But I think you should re-watch that video and see if there is anything you could have done better.     

 

There are some games that literally are just auto losses, nothing you can do.  Some games are auto wins, and all you can do is struggle to get some damage in before the reds are steam rolled.  The rest of the games depend on you. That game you posted was one of the ones that depended on you. 



Popcann #16 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11872 battles
  • 403
  • Member since:
    07-30-2019

Hey cat, when I first picked up the Celestial I was all geeked gonna cream some reds, hella armor and big gun......well I got crushed for like 12 straight games, came here cried like a baby, what a waste of money, everything was clobbering me. Then kept after it, learned the tank and got it to 50%. around 47% now.

 

some days I can roll out in a T1 and play 60%, next day I’m 30%, just how the game plays, cant win um all
 

 



Rage_Personified #17 Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:21 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36180 battles
  • 3,254
  • [2WEAK]
  • Member since:
    08-15-2014
It’s the player not the tank.

 

 


MarBearCat #18 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:32 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015
:(

 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #19 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:36 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,291
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Postacrisis, on 18 October 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

Bad teams happen all the time to anybody ... 

 

RE: video

An AFK & A camper

Slow out of the gate / indecisive as to where to go

Takes almost a minute before a first shot, you kept safe from kv1 but went after a low tier tank ... so KV1 could carry on unopposed. 

Then suddenly 4 v 2, red had four guns on your team mate ... three of them were quite low health ... but you were farming the kv1 from cover ... not much one can do without any coordination or regrouping ... then red had multiple lines of fire on you ... you poked out sideways to try to aim in a shot across ... where ideally you would have remained out of sight for the guy across ... see if 

 

Anyhow, just 0.02 after the fact ... we all do that kind of stuff, and not much one can do with bad teams and AFKs, you think it’ll go ok, but everybody folds ... 

 

Perhaps keep in mind on shots that take red guns out and keep team mates alive.

With average teams, do you use quick commands? sos, focus fire? 

 

 

 

I guess i could have played the end game a tad better but I wasn't going to fight the KV-1 head on. 

 

Thats why I attacked Matilda. 

 

And I was hesitant from start because I wanted to see who'd stay up with me.

 

T1 bailed on me I guess.

 

:(


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


THERebrth #20 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:54 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8358 battles
  • 261
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013
I consider the strv m/42 the best tier 5 tanks in the game. Why exactly you are not doing well is because RNG likes to screw everyone
Raging Dumbo




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users