Guys the wz121 is better than the T-62a

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

THERebrth #1 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8358 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Did my 100 battles in the wz121. and it is legitimately my best performing tier 10 by far. And I say that the wz121 is better than the T62a for one reason only. The ability to trade shots. I mean 7.4 secs for 420 alpha is INSANE. I mean sure the T-62a has 7 degrees and a better turret, but the 121 is no slouch either man. It is a beast of a tank and i never regret getting it.

Also its gun is accurate AF with the equipments Supercharge and refined gun. Sure its gun has worse on the move accuracy than the wz120, but it has 6 degrees and the aim time is still the same. Now this thing is OP.

Raging Dumbo

otirruborez #2 Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1900 battles
not hard to do that. t62 is one of the worst performers at 10. alpha too low and the turret isn't that strong.

waga100 #3 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5 battles

Im really thinking about the chinese med line. But i don't know the tier 7 and 8 look pretty bad with their gun depression and dpm

and also the wz-120 stock seems like hell on earth

I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there

Hye_yeon_Cho #4 Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]

View Postotirruborez, on 18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM, said:

not hard to do that. t62 is one of the worst performers at 10. alpha too low and the turret isn't that strong.

TheRebirth, you only made this post because I said the 62 was better. You're mean.

And no, the turret is incredible in the 62 and while the alpha is low, with proper crew and provisions, 5 seconds reload with 310 damage a shot will absolutely rip enemies to shreds. Plus, it's arguably the most accurate tank in the game.

dport02 #5 Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33840 battles
  • [-FE4R]
Whoa there, don’t get too ahead of yourself. Yes WZ 121 has a great gun, but it’s no T62A gun. It’s aim time is very nice, but not as reliable as the T62A’s, which can prove crucial in life or death situations. Now both tanks have a decent turret, but goof players will aim for the cheeks. Here is where the T62A really excels, the lack of aim time means you don’t have to peak for long. The WZ 121 has a sit and fully aim, giving the enemy a decent amount of time, to aim an pen the turret cheeks.
Don’t get me wrong, WZ 121 is a great tank, but I think T62A is more reliable
RNG is rigged !

tanker070 #6 Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:07 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 60761 battles
inability to snap shots on the move in Wz121 is the balancing factor... which makes me love t62a even more.  and also the reason of more Gun-turn-down-limit in 62a is also a big reason 121 would not take the go to place of 62a

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

Hye_yeon_Cho #7 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]

View Postdport02, on 18 October 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

Whoa there, don’t get too ahead of yourself. Yes WZ 121 has a great gun, but it’s no T62A gun. It’s aim time is very nice, but not as reliable as the T62A’s, which can prove crucial in life or death situations. Now both tanks have a decent turret, but goof players will aim for the cheeks. Here is where the T62A really excels, the lack of aim time means you don’t have to peak for long. The WZ 121 has a sit and fully aim, giving the enemy a decent amount of time, to aim an pen the turret cheeks.
Don’t get me wrong, WZ 121 is a great tank, but I think T62A is more reliable

View Posttanker070, on 18 October 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

inability to snap shots on the move in Wz121 is the balancing factor... which makes me love t62a even more.  and also the reason of more Gun-turn-down-limit in 62a is also a big reason 121 would not take the go to place of 62a

Beautiful. Reliability is one of the most important factor in blitz.

THERebrth #8 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8358 battles
  • [CLEAR]

thats why i use supercharge and refined gun, itll make the gun a pin point sniper

Oh well, i guess most people dont understand chinese meds as well as i do

Edited by THERebrth, 18 October 2020 - 05:10 PM.

Raging Dumbo

THERebrth #9 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8358 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Posttanker070, on 18 October 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

Gun depression is not a problem in this tank, when i was playing the 62a with 5 degrees, i had no problems, give me the wz120 with 3 degrees i had no problems. additionally 6 degrees used to be praised for when the obj 140 was still the king of meds. So now people underestimate this tank simply because it has "only" 6 degrees of gun depression. I play the wz121 just like how i play the 62a, and i face of many a 62a and won.

Plus the opportunities for snap shots is one of the reasons i got this tank. Not on the move mind you, but when you are sitting in somehull down position. You can quickly snap your gun around and hit people who think they are safe by moving around quickly, not for this tank however. Plus the opportunities for hitting tanks when you are on the move is limited. I played my fair share of games in the 62a and im no slouch in that tank either. But im telling you its gun just feels better because it has such a big alpha, and the 62a gun feels more like a peashooter in comparison

Raging Dumbo

wrecker1968 #10 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:55 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 54592 battles
  • [HOUSE]
85% crew and it feels good so far , 100 % crew and it will be real good ,hopefully 

alphablob #11 Posted 18 October 2020 - 06:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40226 battles
  • [MOM]
The fv4202 has higher dpm, alpha, and gun-down angle than the wz, but not a big deal IMO.
Camo net is for cowards.

Hye_yeon_Cho #12 Posted 18 October 2020 - 06:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]

View PostTHERebrth, on 18 October 2020 - 05:22 PM, said:

Gun depression is not a problem in this tank, when i was playing the 62a with 5 degrees, i had no problems, give me the wz120 with 3 degrees i had no problems. additionally 6 degrees used to be praised for when the obj 140 was still the king of meds. So now people underestimate this tank simply because it has "only" 6 degrees of gun depression. I play the wz121 just like how i play the 62a, and i face of many a 62a and won.

Plus the opportunities for snap shots is one of the reasons i got this tank. Not on the move mind you, but when you are sitting in somehull down position. You can quickly snap your gun around and hit people who think they are safe by moving around quickly, not for this tank however. Plus the opportunities for hitting tanks when you are on the move is limited. I played my fair share of games in the 62a and im no slouch in that tank either. But im telling you its gun just feels better because it has such a big alpha, and the 62a gun feels more like a peashooter in comparison

So... What you're saying is that the gun depression is no problem, and you're an alpha fan. That's you're reading why you like the 121 better. My reasons I like the 62 better is 1.) The accuracy, one of the most important factors in blitz. Sure, the 121 has better aim time, was to BEGIN with, the 121's aim circle is HUGE. The 62 is much, MUCH smaller to begin with so it has more overall accuracy. 2.), The DPM. The 121 has massive alpha, but lacks DPM. You day the 62 has a "peashooter," but it doesn't matter when you have a 5 second reload and you absolutely rip the reds to shreds. Countless times have a t62 popped out of cover and shot me, only to pull back behind before I realize I lose 310 HP. Barely any time later, it pops back out and shoots again! And why can't the 121 do this? Because it has a massive aim circle. You could just wait a second and let the aim circle shrink, but by that time the reds have seen you and probably shot you already. Snapshot is my middle name. 3.) The power to weight ratio, terrain resistance and camo is better too. 4.), Finally, the shell velocity. This is a lot more important than you think. Even if the 121 had good enough dispersion to snapshot, it doesn't matter if the enemy is behind a building by the time your shell reaches their position. In the t62a, you press the fire button and your shell will snap right where your aim circle was.

Feel free to add to your reasons why you think the 121 is better.

THERebrth #13 Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8358 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostHye_yeon_Cho, on 18 October 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

So... What you're saying is that the gun depression is no problem, and you're an alpha fan. That's you're reading why you like the 121 better. My reasons I like the 62 better is 1.) The accuracy, one of the most important factors in blitz. Sure, the 121 has better aim time, was to BEGIN with, the 121's aim circle is HUGE. The 62 is much, MUCH smaller to begin with so it has more overall accuracy. 2.), The DPM. The 121 has massive alpha, but lacks DPM. You day the 62 has a "peashooter," but it doesn't matter when you have a 5 second reload and you absolutely rip the reds to shreds. Countless times have a t62 popped out of cover and shot me, only to pull back behind before I realize I lose 310 HP. Barely any time later, it pops back out and shoots again! And why can't the 121 do this? Because it has a massive aim circle. You could just wait a second and let the aim circle shrink, but by that time the reds have seen you and probably shot you already. Snapshot is my middle name. 3.) The power to weight ratio, terrain resistance and camo is better too. 4.), Finally, the shell velocity. This is a lot more important than you think. Even if the 121 had good enough dispersion to snapshot, it doesn't matter if the enemy is behind a building by the time your shell reaches their position. In the t62a, you press the fire button and your shell will snap right where your aim circle was.

Feel free to add to your reasons why you think the 121 is better.

bro have you not been reading what i like about this tank. TRADING SHOTS BRO. If you let a t62a pop out of cover to shoot you, you are clearly doing something wrong , and did i not mention that i use SUPERCHARGE and REFINED GUN on the wz121 so SHELL VELOCITY and GUN ACCURACY is not an issue because AIM TIME isnt a problem with this tank and you can easily do snapshots if you move slowly in and out of cover so the bloom isnt huge. and how is the dpm bad???? 3439 vs 3591 like thats nothing, and have you not realised this thing has a much bigger alpha? That means you can out trade most medium tanks including the T-62a if you know how to drive. and if you dont have any shots, let the other tanks push first. Its gun isnt bad gun handling wise in the slightest unless you are moving about

Raging Dumbo

Rage_Personified #14 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36180 battles
  • [2WEAK]
When morons don't realize that they are arguing over winning when the op is just wn8/dmg farming. There is a huge difference in which vehicles are better when you compare them between winning and just stat padding. If you focus on win rate selecting the T-62A is better option. Focusing on padding stats in order to look good then a passive playstyle which suits the WZ-121 is the option to take. Shouldn't listen to a moron that thinks they are good because they just farm dmg. Listen to those that win and do the dmg.

THERebrth #15 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8358 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostRage_Personified, on 18 October 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

When morons don't realize that they are arguing over winning when the op is just wn8/dmg farming. There is a huge difference in which vehicles are better when you compare them between winning and just stat padding. If you focus on win rate selecting the T-62A is better option. Focusing on padding stats in order to look good then a passive playstyle which suits the WZ-121 is the option to take. Shouldn't listen to a moron that thinks they are good because they just farm dmg. Listen to those that win and do the dmg.

Lol you think im farming dmg and wn8 in a tier 10?? If i wanted to do that id just stick to lower tiers. And its not like im camping at the back of the map. Additionally doing more dmg increases the likelihood of winning a game, Plus i still have a 60% plus winrate in the wz121. And how is passive playing supposed to be bad in any way, my definition of passive playing is to try and get to the flanks quickly to get early spots, and try to get into a nice hull down position where i can get shots in if they peek. And if I lose after trying to "farm damage" in order to win the game, then so be it. I dont see why you think farming damage is being bad anyways, you are doing your part in helping your team, and if your team dies too quickly because they allow themselves to get into a bad position and die, its not your fault for if they make a bad play and you lose because of it. 

And how else am i supposed to get lots of damage constantly if i dont try to put myself in at the front of the battle where the enemy team actually is, oh SCREW me for trying to get into a nice position where i can get shots without getting hit in return boo hoo. and winning the game actually helps doing more damage for a change instead of losing. SO why would i try to lose just to do more damage???

and who says they are stat padding in tier 10?? If you are able to stat pad in tier 10, i think thats a good definition for a good player dont you think

Edited by THERebrth, 18 October 2020 - 11:14 PM.

Raging Dumbo

BlitzAssassin #16 Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:43 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 24217 battles
  • [-CFE-]

View PostRage_Personified, on 18 October 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

you’re full of sunshine aren’t you? Can’t make a comment without going at someone. It’s actually pretty sad to see.

I haven’t got enough credits to buy the 120 yet, but this post will probably urge me to go and do that. If anyone like the t34-3 they are bound to love this thing. In my honest opinion the t26a falls short in the average persons hands. Not enough armour or speed to make the gun work for the plebs. Though in any decently capable players hand, it’s hard to argue anything against the best gun in the game (debatable with Leo’s). As I’ve gotten better as a player, the thing just sings. I’m interested to see what I can do with the wz.

Last few days I’ve been reading the forums again. Hey to all the guys that I communicated on here with. It’s good to see faces in the fewer battles I play now. 

THERebrth #17 Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8358 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostBlitzAssassin, on 18 October 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:

you’re full of sunshine aren’t you? Can’t make a comment without going at someone. It’s actually pretty sad to see.

I haven’t got enough credits to buy the 120 yet, but this post will probably urge me to go and do that. If anyone like the t34-3 they are bound to love this thing. In my honest opinion the t26a falls short in the average persons hands. Not enough armour or speed to make the gun work for the plebs. Though in any decently capable players hand, it’s hard to argue anything against the best gun in the game (debatable with Leo’s). As I’ve gotten better as a player, the thing just sings. I’m interested to see what I can do with the wz.

Last few days I’ve been reading the forums again. Hey to all the guys that I communicated on here with. It’s good to see faces in the fewer battles I play now. 

Welcome back, and let me suggest to not get the wz120 stock. It is a most terrible tank unless you have got the thing fully equipped. Then you can start to have some fun. and yes The I do like the t-34-3 for the same reasons i like the t-34-2, wz120, and the wz121.

Yea i always thought the T-62a was one of the best mediums in the game by far, until i tried the wz121. People seriously underestimate this tank a lot i suppose. Or maybe its also a matter preferential bias that i think the wz121 is better because i love chinese meds

Raging Dumbo

Hye_yeon_Cho #18 Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]

View PostRage_Personified, on 18 October 2020 - 10:43 PM, said:

We were arguing which tank is better overall, and farming damage and wn8 is a completely different thing. 

Duke_87 #19 Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34621 battles
  • [MOM]
It’s funny there are wn8 vs dmg farming snobs now :teethhappy:

Goal: Suck incrementally less, day by day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users