I'm alive

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Roberto577_One #1 Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:39 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 12315 battles
  • [CRU2L]

But I got hired for a part time job last Wednesday, and during my interview I told them that my schedule was wide enough to drive an E-100 through, which they took quite literally, as even though I'm part-time, this week alone I'm scheduled for 36 hours of work, 4 of which were today, and the other 32 are split Tuesday through Friday in 8-hour shifts.

What this means is that A.) I have very little free time to get play video games, B.) what little time I do decide to play video games is going to be playing games that don't get me as mad as Blitz does, and C.) I unfortunately will not be posting on here nearly as much, at least until I get used enough to working that I don't just eat, sleep and work anymore.

Despite the loss of time though, I really like getting this job. It's not enjoyable per se, but it shows me that I can actually do something in the world. Before, I had all these dreams and aspirations that were locked behind a door of lack of motivation. But now that I have done this one thing, and I know that I can do it and, what's more, be good at it, it feels like that door has been opened, and all that's left to do is step through and become the person that I want to be.

Excuse me while I club your double T-49 platoon with my SP I C.

Proud owner of the Leeroy Jenkins-Mobile.

I don't always club, but when I do, it's in stock Tier 9 Mediums.

EL_Din_46 #2 Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:43 AM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 11139 battles

Congatulations!

:honoring:

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Vacazion #3 Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 81530 battles
  • [MINE]
Congrats man!  Use it as a building block to the next job or schooling you want to do if you don’t like this one.  Sounds like this one is a stepping stone so use it as that (as I note wryly they scheduled you for 36 hours).

Roberto577_One #4 Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:49 AM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 12315 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostVacazion, on 19 October 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

Congrats man!  Use it as a building block to the next job or schooling you want to do if you don’t like this one.  Sounds like this one is a stepping stone so use it as that (as I note wryly they scheduled you for 36 hours).

I actually do like the job to be honest, I misspoke when I said I didn't, it's just that it's retail, and my feet are the only part of me that dislike it. My manager and coworkers all seem like amazing people and I've been doing well enough that they've already stopped mentoring me for the basics and given me independence to do said basics, unless, of course, I start learning a new task, in which case they assign someone to teach me.

The hilarious part is that today they assigned me to mentor someone else, despite the fact that I just started less than a week ago.

Edited by Roberto577_One, 20 October 2020 - 12:51 AM.

DontGiveABleep #5 Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 780 battles
  • [CMIND]
Isn’t America great!!  Get a job, do a good job, get promoted and get a raise, keep striving forward and get a better job. Your only limitations are your own.  

Meat_Locker #6 Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:01 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 53343 battles
  • [TOES]

Yeah, happens nowhere else. Kinda like clean drinking water for all and rational health insurance. 

Mindless drivel in an otherwise promising thread. 

EL_Din_46 #7 Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:07 AM

Poet Laureate of Boris’ Den (of Iniquity)

• Players
  • 11139 battles

View PostMeat_Locker, on 19 October 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Yeah, happens nowhere else. Kinda like clean drinking water for all and rational health insurance. 

I love my country, but it ranked 27th in the World Economic Forum’s Global Social Mobility Index. Oh, Austria? Ninth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Social_Mobility_Index

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

Vacazion #8 Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 81530 battles
  • [MINE]

View PostRoberto577_One, on 19 October 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

I actually do like the job to be honest, I misspoke when I said I didn't, it's just that it's retail, and my feet are the only part of me that dislike it. My manager and coworkers all seem like amazing people and I've been doing well enough that they've already stopped mentoring me for the basics and given me independence to do said basics, unless, of course, I start learning a new task, in which case they assign someone to teach me.

The hilarious part is that today they assigned me to mentor someone else, despite the fact that I just started less than a week ago.

Gotcha.  Regardless of the work, it’s often the folks you work with that makes  all the difference.  Congrats again!

rosgrim #9 Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 97957 battles
  • [COD]

Well 1st of all congrats for the job,

Real life is way more important than any e-game.

Also It will depend on how you wanna use your time. I work in average 10h/day 5/7 and still I play a lot WOTB.

How ? At the moment it is my only form of "entertainment" with a screen. I don't waste time watching Tv (unless is something on Netflix).

Usually a play after work to relax (with all the consequences: most of the time I'm tired physically and mentally so my brain response has limits but it is what it is) and even a little after dinner.

I have to admit that it is an effective way to forget all the stress from work.

I would suggest you to use this game like this.

(That's why I laugh loud at salty people when I fail a battle: you know....It happens).

Funny thing is that this is my 1st and only game I keep playing.

Before I only tried other games for few days.

I have also admit that I sleep less than the majority of people do: for me 6 hours are more than enough. So I have plenty of time to read and do there stuff an adult "has" to do (obviously my GF hate WOTB with all her soul)

junaluska7 #10 Posted 20 October 2020 - 08:22 AM

_persona non grata_

• Players
  • 23044 battles
  • [RDZ10]

Congrats at your (first?) employment opportunity. As someone mentioned before, you will probably experience several job/work transformations in a lifetime. Use each one to garner more experiences and develop actual human to human interactions with others in your immediate sphere.

That’s what life is all about, in a short sense, the growth of an individual and their future prospects.

Being just recently retired earlier this year and my wife retiring late last year, we’ve used a portion of our retirement savings to finally pay off our mortgage. The best satisfaction you will ever know is owning your own home and having time to do what you want.

Continue to work hard and build a strong foundation and everything else will come your way.

Live a good life, always respect others, and you will have few regrets. 

peace

_Cletus #11 Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:04 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32696 battles
  • [III-C]
Congratulations on joining the workforce, a whole new world of productivity is opening up for you, that's awesome!  Hey, since you have a job now, can I borrow $20?  

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Roberto577_One #12 Posted 24 October 2020 - 03:43 PM

Chungus Supreme

• Players
  • 12315 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 October 2020 - 05:04 AM, said:

Congratulations on joining the workforce, a whole new world of productivity is opening up for you, that's awesome!  Hey, since you have a job now, can I borrow $20?  

Sure, if you're willing to... 'earn' it. ;)

Sorry for replying so late, this was literally the earliest that I could drag myself onto the computer. I appreciate the support y'all. <3

j_rod #13 Posted 25 October 2020 - 02:05 AM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28027 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 October 2020 - 07:04 AM, said:

Redhead cut your allowance again?

Edited by j_rod, 25 October 2020 - 02:09 AM.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users