Churchill VII

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CatFromMars11 #1 Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3023 battles
  • [LEGO_]
guys I just got this, I need some advice. Seems to have a good gun, idk about armor, and bad mobility. I have all modules except tracks.

I have converted to T-15ism

Vantablack12 #2 Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 17926 battles
  • [K9]
I struggled with it too. I'll revisit it someday.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

waga100 #3 Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:19 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

It's quite a bad tank. It's just got a medium gun it's not particularly good but has alright dpm at least. Slow. And the hitbox in your track means that anybody can pen you at any angle at any time. 

but you'll still bounce shots. Basically i found the best you can do is beeline for the chokepoint and eat shots for your teams non-horrendous tanks and smash into a flank until you inevitably die. Even just doing that as a heavy, timed properly so your team actually is there and gets an advantage from it, will help win a lot of games. 

I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there

WA2000_ #4 Posted 23 October 2020 - 05:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6357 battles
Use the churchill like a bunker and pray the reds don't know what flanking is. You can see in armor inspector that if they hit your track wheel area it will count as a hit and there's little chance of bouncing. Also stay off the hills because you only have 4 degrees of gun depression, which is unworkable. I would recommend angling your hull 40 ish degrees so you won't have giant weakspots everywhere. The churchill is also super slow so you're prone to getting flanked. Only push when your team is with you or you will get flanked by every other tank, even some heavies. The Churchill has good gun handling and DPM but pen is pretty poor. So just keep those in mind and try to grind it as much as you can during event modes because it'll ruin your stats in pubs. Since it's tier 6, you'll get downtiered more, which means even if the reds which to prammo, they will have a harder time to pen you. But your armor is butter against prammos from all tanks. 

Edited by Novalite_, 23 October 2020 - 05:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users