• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

__Frostbite #1 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:17 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30900 battles
  • [-0]

Hello all,

I'm aware that there is a discussion thread about this already but I wanted to post a quick guide that goes through all the changes that are happening, because there's a whole lot of them.

Sheridan Missile
- New Tier 10 collector vehicle
- Essentially will be a copy-and-paste of the 7.4 Sheridan
- Will be given to all players that researched the Sheridan (does
not need to have the Sheridan purchased at the time of Update 7.5 being released)
- It will be the only tank with missiles left in the game
- Selling cost is 5 gold, highly discouraging selling the tank
- The tank won't be playable in Regular/random, Ratings, Tournament, and Skirmish 5v5 matches.
- Will be playable in Mad Games, Realistic, Uprising, Gravity Force, Burning Games, and training rooms.

Sheridan
- ATGM missiles will be replaced with HEAT shells as the premium round
- HEAT shells will have 310mm of penetration and 490 alpha
- Current legendary camouflage "Sidewinder" will remain in-game
- Players' current statistics in the Sheridan will remain on this tank, not the Sheridan Missile
- Will remain as the researchable tech tree tank

T92E1
-ATGM missiles will be replaced with HEAT shells as the premium round
-HEAT shells will have 310mm of penetration and 490 alpha

Icy Comet Camouflage
- Will be exclusive to the T92E1 and Sheridan
- Given for free to all players that researched the T92E1 and Sheridan before 7.5
- Unlimited free resupply

Missile Man Medal
- New collectable medal
- Will be given to all players that logged 25 battles in the Sheridan and T92E1 combined before 7.5

ATGM Master Avatar (name subject to change)
- New permanent avatar
- Will be given to all players that logged 700 battles in the Sheridan and T92E1 combined before 7.5

Other things to mention:

- Not sure if the Icy Comet camo will be obtainable after Update 7.5, to people that research those tanks later. My personal guess is that it won't, but we'll have to see.
- The Missile Man medal and ATGM Master avatar are pretty meaningless, but I also don't know if they will be obtainable after Update 7.5, Again, I'm guessing they won't be.

My Personal Thoughts:

Personally, I felt that ATGM's had reached a state in which they were actually kinda balanced, and I didn't have a problem with them in randoms and rating. However I don't play tournaments, so my viewpoint is incomplete. I haven't played ATGM's since February when i sold both ATGM tanks out of principle because of my disgust with them at that time.

Anyways with these new changes, I think WG has done a great job at appealing to both sides of player opinion, and I really agree with the plan. ATGM's will no longer be a part of the important matches, so ATGM players can be satisfied that they will not ruin their matches anymore that are actually worth complaining about. On the other hand, ATGM spammers will still have a way to get this missile pleasure in through fun gamemodes that don't impact stats. Because the mechanic was never overpowered, its not like people can claim that ATGMs were really helping their stats. It's just the obnoxious factor that they enjoyed, so peoples' desires to sink ATGM's into opponents can still be gotten through the alternative gamemodes

Link to today's stream:

Timestamp is included so you don't need to search for the ATGM discussion

-Frostbite

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THERebrth #2 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9960 battles
  • [CLEAR]
 goodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgood

Raging Dumbo

daREAL_trainboi #3 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9125 battles
  • [UWU_]

Excellent.

now I gotta grind to the Sheridan in a month. 

I'm still going to grind the Sheridan after 7.5, as a high-alpha derp LT is still fun.

But as I've said, I'd prefer a outright derp option and a balanced mid-caliber option instead, like the T49. It makes more sense to me, and it's probably why I'll play the T92E1 more once I get it since the stock gun is quite competitive.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

generalhonks #4 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8180 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Nice. I like the changes. So if I understand correctly, anyone who has the Sheridan right now will have two sheridans after 7.5, one non-missile and one with missiles. And the Blue Sheridan will never be on sale again. Sounds great.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

__Frostbite #5 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:49 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30900 battles
  • [-0]

View Postgeneralhonks, on 14 November 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

Nice. I like the changes. So if I understand correctly, anyone who has the Sheridan right now will have two sheridans after 7.5, one non-missile and one with missiles. And the Blue Sheridan will never be on sale again. Sounds great.

this is correct

EXCEPT the last point. This is Wargaming. To date, every tank has been offered again, except the Ke-Ni Otsu. I find it highly unlikely that the Sheridan Missile won't be offered somehow in the future, and the WG community managers had no mention of the Sheridan Missile being exclusive to only players that researched the Sheridan before Update 7.5. I would assume that they would wait about 6-12 months, and then offer the Sheridan Missile as a reward/event tank, or straight up sell in some fashion.

Which I don't really have a problem with, to be perfectly honest. Everyone has had access to missiles for months now so I see no issue with a sale of the tank for people that started playing later or never bothered to grind the Sheridan line.

Edited by __Frostbite, 17 November 2020 - 11:49 PM.

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

daREAL_trainboi #6 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9125 battles
  • [UWU_]

Yea. I'd like to try the missiles sometime but it's not on my bucket list.

This is a great solution, and unlike the KeNiOtsu the Sheridan with missiles isn't outright broken, which means at some point it could return in the shop.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

vvk2 #7 Posted 14 November 2020 - 09:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76751 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Now I must get my battle count to 700. Just because as a person who never mounts avatars I must have it!!!!

twirlingtowardsfreedom #8 Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35596 battles
Frostbite comes back to us at the turn of the tide.

boris55555 #9 Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:06 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 31674 battles
  • [MINC]
Oooooh realistic mode missiles. Lol. I’m just a hater. Good changes.

Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!! 

& thank you 

_Crusader6_ #10 Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:16 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Postvvk2, on 14 November 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

Now I must get my battle count to 700. Just because as a person who never mounts avatars I must have it!!!!

I was thinking of getting to 700 just to use it for the hate ;) 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Memento_Mori #11 Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:22 PM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15863 battles
  • [VND]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 14 November 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

I was thinking of getting to 700 just to use it for the hate ;) 

Sorry, but the bar is set at 4.1k; you got a ways to go. :popcorn:

generalhonks #12 Posted 14 November 2020 - 10:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8180 battles
  • [HOUSE]
But why would someone buy the Blue Sheri in the future? A tank that they can’t use in normal game modes. If it’s under 8k it might be worth it, but since it can only be used in special modes I wouldn’t buy it if it was more than 8k. But that’s just me.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

__Frostbite #13 Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:32 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30900 battles
  • [-0]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 14 November 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

Frostbite comes back to us at the turn of the tide.

winter is coming so my return is inevitable :)

_Memento_Mori #14 Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:34 PM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15863 battles
  • [VND]

View Post__Frostbite, on 14 November 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

winter is coming so my return is inevitable :)

Welcome back, Mav. 

RibbleStripe #15 Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [RGN]

Hello everyone!

I’m on vacation right now and it’s not that easy to find a proper WiFi signal here. So first of all, hats off to Frost to sum up everything mentioned during our recent stream. I’ve pinned this thread so let’s make it an official atgms-in-7.5 one.

I’m coming back from vacation in 6 days, after that I will comment everything related to atgms. See you guys soon!

Ragnarok_Stravius #16 Posted 15 November 2020 - 01:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13927 battles
  • [ALTF4]

View Postgeneralhonks, on 14 November 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

But why would someone buy the Blue Sheri in the future? A tank that they can’t use in normal game modes. If it’s under 8k it might be worth it, but since it can only be used in special modes I wouldn’t buy it if it was more than 8k. But that’s just me.

Maybe it would come as part of a bundle, and, because of the fact it's so restricted, it wouldn't be 8k alone, but a much lower price, so you'd be buying the bundle more for whatever else include.

Let's say it the S. Missile would cost like 2k gold alone, and the bundles comes with a bunch of other stuff like 2 months of premium, 50 boosters of each type, those would be the main focus of the purchase, with the S Missile being a bonus.

Also, can WG change the Sheridan Missile's name to Missileer or something? So that it doesn't create future confusion?

"Remove the Smasher! I had enough of that ****!"

If I'm the top player in a lost match, that's scientific proof my team is the worst of all, if I'm top player in a victory, that's just luck.

_Crusader6_ #17 Posted 15 November 2020 - 01:24 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRagnarok_Stravius, on 15 November 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

Maybe it would come as part of a bundle, and, because of the fact it's so restricted, it wouldn't be 8k alone, but a much lower price, so you'd be buying the bundle more for whatever else include.

Let's say it the S. Missile would cost like 2k gold alone, and the bundles comes with a bunch of other stuff like 2 months of premium, 50 boosters of each type, those would be the main focus of the purchase, with the S Missile being a bonus.

Also, can WG change the Sheridan Missile's name to Missileer or something? So that it doesn't create future confusion?

You are not likely going to be able to get the ATGM Sheridan after 7.5 drops.  

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Icefang50 #18 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:25 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34640 battles
  • [-MAX-]
JuicyTenderSteak is not happy with the change. Very frustrated, made a good point about Dpm.  And he doesn’t like RollingSwarm or that he plans to return. According to Juicy, RollingSwarm said negative things about Ra1d, and other top clans...accused them of stream sniping? by using somebody (Rib?). Unusually talkative on his 11/15 Sunday morning stream (about 55 minutes in).

Thank you for contacting us. 
We are sorry to acknowledge that you've faced this issue, it will be fixed. If we can be of further assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

This was a non-political comment directed at no one.

Use your time wisely. Be happy.

BORii

acrisis #19 Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

^^^

Sounds like personal / clan / YT drama.  
Why bring it to the forum? 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

dport02 #20 Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34106 battles
  • [-FE4R]
Interesting. Cool to see Wargaming listened to the community
RNG is rigged !

Also tagged with ATGM, 7.5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users