[7.5] AGTM - Complete List of all ATGM Changes in Update 7.5

ATGM 7.5

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Morphman11 #21 Posted 15 November 2020 - 11:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
7.6 - The missiles make a return and the non-missile Sheridan is a collector.
OFFFICIAL PUBLIC RELATIONS for the Morphman YouTube Channel

_The_Tactition_ #22 Posted 16 November 2020 - 12:55 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 26749 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Bring back Rolling 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

thunderdog1138 #23 Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2690 battles
  • [TCW1]

View Postdport02, on 15 November 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

Interesting. Cool to see Wargaming listened to the community

Listening is one thing, and sometimes the answer should be no.  It's bad enough ATGMs get a lot of hate for balance problems long fixed, why does WG always choose the wrong time to make changes?  If they were going to remove ATGMs, they should have done it back when they were truly broken, not now after they nerfed them so much they are underpowered.

#saveATGMs

ATGMs will be back.  Mark my words, the missile loyalists will not stop fighting for the right for all tankers to bear missiles.

RibbleStripe #24 Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [RGN]

View Postthunderdog1138, on 16 November 2020 - 05:25 AM, said:

Listening is one thing, and sometimes the answer should be no.  It's bad enough ATGMs get a lot of hate for balance problems long fixed, why does WG always choose the wrong time to make changes?  If they were going to remove ATGMs, they should have done it back when they were truly broken, not now after they nerfed them so much they are underpowered.

Let’s remember everything I had been saying after atgm release. Our plan was to tune the tanks, tune the mechanics if step 1 is not helpful. Removing missiles was our last option so we have been sticking to our plan all the time. 

Hye_yeon_Cho #25 Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]
Wait a minute - you said I don't have to buy the original Sheridan before 7.5 to get the new Sheridan missile. Does this mean I can get the Sheridan at any time, even after 7.5 drops, to get the collectable and that is why the selling cost is so low?

_Crusader6_ #26 Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:31 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Postthunderdog1138, on 15 November 2020 - 09:25 PM, said:

As one of the original testers of the Sheridan, I can tell you WG went through great pains to try to bring a balanced mechanic to the game.

Sadly it really did not workout the way it was planned, but you are totally incorrect if you think the Sheridan is underpowered, sure the Vickers Light may be more competitive for a number of things, but the Sheridan is still more than effective.

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Mako__Reizei___ #27 Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8391 battles
  • [ALIAS]

Now.. If only WG removes the spaced armor of these tanks...

Not that they need spaced armor in the first place. They shouldn't even be able to negate full HE damage in the first place considering that they're light tanks and they already have the speed, camo and relatively low profile to dodge shells.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

wrecker1968 #28 Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:41 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 56025 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Fix all the bugs in 7.4 first, please

j_rod #29 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:15 AM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]
I agree that the plan was followed but I wish those development resources had been used for more substantive game improvements rather than a gimmicky mechanic. This is SP repeated but to give WG credit, at least they did listen.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

NastyShrimp5 #30 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3042 battles
  • [SSB1]
So, does anybody know when the update will drop?

Hye_yeon_Cho #31 Posted 17 November 2020 - 02:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles
  • [4_EVA]

View PostNastyShrimp5, on 17 November 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

So, does anybody know when the update will drop?

I think something like December 20 or something

Edit: ill ask again since my question was buried by other posts. What happens if I get the original Sheridan after update 7.5? Will I get the collectible Sheridan with missiles?

Edited by Hye_yeon_Cho, 17 November 2020 - 02:24 AM.

rosgrim #32 Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 98255 battles
  • [COD]

View Postthunderdog1138, on 16 November 2020 - 02:25 AM, said:

LOL underpowered ?

they are both fine except for the missile mechanism. Ditto.

Plenty of players doing very good and don't firing missiles.

The tanks still have incredibly survivability compared to others light tanks.

And even the WR ok they are below the Brit light but they have almost a double number of players using it.....and that matter....

These are light tank, do you understand that or not ?

Review light tank role in battle.

I will enjoy those even more with Heat ammo.

Good job WOTB.

rosgrim #33 Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 98255 battles
  • [COD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 16 November 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

Let’s remember everything I had been saying after atgm release. Our plan was to tune the tanks, tune the mechanics if step 1 is not helpful. Removing missiles was our last option so we have been sticking to our plan all the time. 

I approve this message.

Not joking.

It is what it is (I know better because I have been criticizing the missile mechanics from the beginning) and @RibbleStripe is saying the exact truth.

_Cletus #34 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:44 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32800 battles
  • [III-C]

Wait, what?  How am I just seeing this now?  Is this the final decision, or does it still have to wind it's way through the courts?

This is nuts, it's almost like WG heard what the playerbase was saying!  Good job on backing off of a very dangerous mechanic, thank you WG.

Sure, they nerfed the missiles to near balance, but it was quite a process.  If the mechanic exists in the game, it will be used again, and now we can be pretty sure that we won't be seeing missiles in tiers 6, 7, and 8, which was my big fear over how it could break the game.  

The real shame is that it takes big news like this to bring our friends frostbite and Ribble back to us.

Believe in the system!  The process works!

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

Barebow #35 Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4157 battles
  • [ALL4J]
So, If I research the Sheridan but don't buy it before update 7.5 can I get the blue sheri?

Jesus Saves

Remember the Alamo

God Save the Queen

acrisis #36 Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostHye_yeon_Cho, on 16 November 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

Edit: ill ask again since my question was buried by other posts. What happens if I get the original Sheridan after update 7.5? Will I get the collectible Sheridan with missiles?

After 7.5 you only get the " new " (regular weapons) Sheridan. 

Under 7.4 you get the " old " (atgm missile) Sheridan.
Then during the 7.5 update that " old " one gets updated to the " new " version, and you are awarded the collectible (old) version with missiles, as a bonus. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

_Cletus #37 Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:49 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32800 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postacrisis, on 17 November 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

Then during the 7.5 update that " old " one gets updated to the " new " version, and you are awarded the collectible (old) version with missiles, as a bonus. 

So what you're saying is I should hurry up and free xp the line....

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

j_rod #38 Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:50 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postacrisis, on 17 November 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

Which begs the question - will the missile Sheridan be available as a collector tank to those that don't have the Sheridan prior to 7.5? And if so, how would it be obtainable?

Ribble?

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

acrisis #39 Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

WG left the door open on that ( I think we can understand why, for obvious reasons ) and it will be available at some point ... somehow ... 

From WG Discord this AM

Block Quote

TortikToday at 7:21 AM

Hello everybody!

ATGMs: T92E1 и XM551 Sheridan: their missiles will be replaced by a HEAT shell with 310 mm of penetration and 490 of damage.
Other characteristics of the Sheridan won't get changed. We'll track its performance in the future updates.
For now, it's performing quite well and its stats are quite decent.
"Icy Comet" animated camo will be added to your account if you have the T92E1 and Sheridan fully researched at the moment of Update 7.5 release. This camo will be available for these two tanks only.
"Missileman" medal will be awarded to players who'll have played at least 25 battles (regular / Rating / tournament ones) in the T92E1 and/or XM551 Sheridan by Update 7.5 release.
"ATGM Master" avatar will be granted to those who'll have fought at least 700 battles (regular / Rating / tournament ones) in the T92E1 and/or XM551 Sheridan by Update 7.5 release.

The XM551 Sheridan Missile
This tank with a Garage slot and 100% trained crew will be added to your account if you have the regular Sheridan researched by the moment of Update 7.5 release.
It's a clone of the regular Sheridan from 7.4 in terms of characteristics. It will retain the missiles.
In this vehicle, only selected game modes are available: Realistic battles, Mad Games, Uprising, Burning Games, Gravity Force, plus training rooms.
You won't be able to play it in regular and Rating battles, as well as in Skirmish mode.
That's a Collector vehicle with a purely symbolic sell price of 5 gold.
In the future, some other ways of obtaining this tank will appear too. We'll tell you about them a bit later!

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  

acrisis #40 Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Cletus, on 17 November 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

So what you're saying is I should hurry up and free xp the line....

I'm pondering that move ... as it is super expensive freexp wise ( certainly if one just made it to tier 7 on that line, like me ) ... for how many fun mode battles down the road?  

BE  (+)   

Also tagged with ATGM, 7.5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users