• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

j_rod #41 Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postacrisis, on 17 November 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

I'm pondering that move ... as it is super expensive freexp wise ( certainly if one just made it to tier 7 on that line, like me ) ... for how many fun mode battles down the road?  

There are also several new lines coming down the pipe in the near future. I guess it really depends on how much Free XP one has.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

_Crusader6_ #42 Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Postacrisis, on 17 November 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

I'm pondering that move ... as it is super expensive freexp wise ( certainly if one just made it to tier 7 on that line, like me ) ... for how many fun mode battles down the road?  

How can one not at least have the T49?  
   I mean legit it is the most fun tank in the game for giggles. 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Cletus #43 Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:39 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32800 battles
  • [III-C]
I just went to free xp the line, realized that I might have 1 million free xp but only a few million credits.  For the first time in a long time, I'm gonna have to credit grind.

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

j_rod #44 Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:54 PM

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_Cletus, on 17 November 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

I just went to free xp the line, realized that I might have 1 million free xp but only a few million credits.  For the first time in a long time, I'm gonna have to credit grind.

You don't have to have credits to unlock the tanks and based on the initial post, the tanks only have to be unlocked, not purchased. 

"Will be given to all players that researched the Sheridan (does not need to have the Sheridan purchased at the time of Update 7.5 being released)"

Working as intended

_Cletus #45 Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:02 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 32800 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postj_rod, on 17 November 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

You don't have to have credits to unlock the tanks and based on the initial post, the tanks only have to be unlocked, not purchased. 

"Will be given to all players that researched the Sheridan (does not need to have the Sheridan purchased at the time of Update 7.5 being released)"

Yeah I thought about that too.  The real question is, do you trust WG not to miss that detail at update time? 

If a person feels powerless or insignificant in their life, the easiest way to achieve power is to make other people angry; every internet troll has known this since 1993 and every toddler has known it since the dawn of time.

j_rod #46 Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:17 PM

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_Cletus, on 17 November 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

Yeah I thought about that too.  The real question is, do you trust WG not to miss that detail at update time? 

If you're concerned about it, wait till you see that detail in an official WG release and screenshot it just in case.

However, given the amount of angst over ATGMs in general, I sincerely doubt they'd want to add any bad publicity to what is certain to be a positive thing for the majority of players. 

Working as intended

acrisis #47 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 November 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

How can one not at least have the T49?  
   I mean legit it is the most fun tank in the game for giggles. 

I just got it the other day.  Only a few ratings games ... all losses ... MM & teams were not kind. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

_Crusader6_ #48 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:20 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View Postacrisis, on 17 November 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

I just got it the other day.  Only a few ratings games ... all losses ... MM & teams were not kind. 

I really don't understand why anyone plays any tier in rating other than tier X.

Furthermore, maybe it is just me, but I am rarely motivated to play ratings, outside if I need to complete a mission and I have one of those "win 3 ratings" ones left.

acrisis #49 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]
Trying to beat the " MM is out to get me " - thing and new tank curse. Test drive and scratch the paint in ratings ... 
;) :playing:

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  

j_rod #50 Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:31 PM

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 November 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

I really don't understand why anyone plays any tier in rating other than tier X.

Furthermore, maybe it is just me, but I am rarely motivated to play ratings, outside if I need to complete a mission and I have one of those "win 3 ratings" ones left.

Numerous reasons my friend. You're just at the point in your tanking career that with the exception of possibly wanting the camos, you don't really need the benefits. 

Good looking camos that require 50 games at the particular tier with at least Platinum to receive. 

Better credit earnings at higher leagues - playing a solid tier 8 premium with gold status nets more credits.

Higher XP coefficient which helps one grind out tank fully modded tanks that one might not want to play in pub matches. 

Good way to warm up without any impact on winrate, WN8, etc

Working as intended

__Frostbite #51 Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:54 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30900 battles
  • [-0]
After not playing any ATGM tanks for several months now, I realized that missiles are still very much an unbalanced aspect of the game. After curving missiles around corners and lopping them over hills into tanks that never had an option to retaliate, I'm definitely more in support of removing them from the core group of battles (randoms, ratings, tournaments). I still don't get missiled very much at all these days, but that must be because the good players either didn't want to adjust their practice after using the non-nerfed missiles, or have moved on to other tanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vvk2 #52 Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76751 battles
  • [SPUDX]
So once 7.5 drops, the existing stats of the players who will have played the Sheridan before will stay with the tech tree Sheridan (sans Missiles), right?
Secondly, players who researched (or played) the original Sheridan will get the blue (Missile) Sheridan that will only be able to play in some special modes and TRs. Does this mean that tank will not show up in a player’s stats whatsoever? Currently, for a tank to show up in stats, a tank should be played at least once in pub battles or ratings (in that case the tank will show up with zero battles/ zero WR stats). I wonder if that’s how it’s going to play out...

vvk2 #53 Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76751 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 November 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

I grind credits at tier 8 ratings as it is more effective than pubs. Also acing tanks can be easier in ratings. Especially if you are willing to drop your rating intentionally. 

RibbleStripe #54 Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:22 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [RGN]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 16 November 2020 - 03:55 AM, said:

Bring back Rolling 

Are you talking about Rolling who plays Blitz regularly? Just curious.

100 battles in 4 days. Who should bring him back and where to? Just curious again.

_Crusader6_ #55 Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:02 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 November 2020 - 05:22 AM, said:

100 battles in 4 days. Who should bring him back and where to? Just curious again.

Lol.  I see the vacation brought savage D back :trollface:

acrisis #56 Posted 19 November 2020 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

Official news has been posted 

https://na.wotblitz..../atgm-removal/ 

BE  (+)   

__Frostbite #57 Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:42 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 30900 battles
  • [-0]

View Postvvk2, on 17 November 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

So once 7.5 drops, the existing stats of the players who will have played the Sheridan before will stay with the tech tree Sheridan (sans Missiles), right?
Secondly, players who researched (or played) the original Sheridan will get the blue (Missile) Sheridan that will only be able to play in some special modes and TRs. Does this mean that tank will not show up in a player’s stats whatsoever? Currently, for a tank to show up in stats, a tank should be played at least once in pub battles or ratings (in that case the tank will show up with zero battles/ zero WR stats). I wonder if that’s how it’s going to play out...

first point is correct

i hadn't thought of your second point, but that does look like it will be the case. a tank must be played in random battles, ratings, or a tournament to be listed on the player's individual stats. however, WG does track ALL of your games no matter what you play them (including training rooms and basically anything that can produce a replay), so WG alone will know if you're playing a tank in those modes.

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

CommanderSean_2014 #58 Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:00 PM

Yukari Ma Best Waifu

• Players
  • 13371 battles
  • [RUDY]

Finally the missiles are gone!

Hurray

A   Proud        About Taiwan =>https://www.taiwan.gov.tw/about.php

Taiwanese     Taiwan wasn't, and never would be a part of CHINA

NON-LOS ATGMS ARE A HORRIBLE MECHANIC  

_Crusader6_ #59 Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:42 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostCommanderSean_2014, on 20 November 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

Finally the missiles are gone!

Hurray

Not yet -- I curved three into a side scraping E100 yesterday...  

I felt dirty - but my team had melted and he had a JPE backing him up - so I resorted to missiles.   

Poor guy - I sort of felt bad - but each time the missile curved past his building and into the side of his turret, I felt a little less bad as his health went away.

_The_Tactition_ #60 Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:20 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 26749 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 November 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

I’m talking about Rolling the commentator. You know, the guy who did a missile tutorial for you guys.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Also tagged with ATGM, 7.5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users