Now that WG is removing ATGMs, can we talk about removing the Smasher?

Smasher Remove

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Ragnarok_Stravius #1 Posted 15 November 2020 - 12:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13927 battles
  • [ALTF4]

I never had problems with the ATGMs, only got into Tier IX months after the their inclusion, I only thought of them a gimmicks for a new useless light tank.

But, I always had problems with the Smasher, when it was added, I thought it was a reskinned KV-2 for a quick cash grab, but then it started getting spammed like hell, and it the amount of times it bounced shells for no reason and the times it penned me for no reason, I grew to hate this OP Trash.

Now, that WG finally removed something that the Community hated, can WG remove the Smasher, something everyone, except the worthless players that spam it, also hates?

"Remove the Smasher! I had enough of that ****!"

If I'm the top player in a lost match, that's scientific proof my team is the worst of all, if I'm top player in a victory, that's just luck.

Dolly_Sod #2 Posted 15 November 2020 - 01:05 PM

Highland Bog

• Players
  • 20540 battles
  • [MSTRY]

They should do to the Smasher and the Annihilator what they are doing to the blue Sherridan.  Make them only available for the brainless game modes. 

daREAL_trainboi #3 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9125 battles
  • [UWU_]
That way people can keep then and use them in fun modes that do not affect stats, but normal matches need not worry.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

Ragnarok_Stravius #4 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13927 battles
  • [ALTF4]

View PostDolly_Sod, on 15 November 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

They should do to the Smasher and the Annihilator what they are doing to the blue Sherridan.  Make them only available for the brainless game modes. 

As far as the OP Cancer goes, the Annihilator is nowhere near the Smasher.

Annihilator can stay, as long as he doesn't become an unwanted guest to me.

If I'm the top player in a lost match, that's scientific proof my team is the worst of all, if I'm top player in a victory, that's just luck.

Dolly_Sod #5 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:32 PM

Highland Bog

• Players
  • 20540 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View PostRagnarok_Stravius, on 15 November 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

I feel the opposite.  I think a Smasher is slow, has a giant turret, and a longish reload.  It is easily countered.  Whereas the Annihilator is fast, has trollier armor and is not as easily countered.  

The Smasher works better when it's bottom tier, but I think the Annihilator is more of a terror when Top Tier.  

Edited by Dolly_Sod, 15 November 2020 - 02:33 PM.

GLKamper #6 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41161 battles

Don’t forget to ban the Dracula and Helsing, too. And the Vindicator and that other stupid looking LEGO tank.  Why not make a permanent “fun mode” that’s restricted to tech tree tanks only?  Other than the fact that no one would play it, it sounds like a great idea. 

Pay to Play tanks like Smasher and Annihilator keep the WG servers up and running. I was considering playing the Smasher less now that the ATGMs were leaving but with all this talk about banishing it, I guess I’ll keep on playing the Smasher and have fun while I can. 

andyllinger #7 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:48 PM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 35451 battles
  • [MSTRY]
They should also remove the WZ-120-FT fake OP tank, dracula, helsing and T-22 medium along with every other OP tank that i do not own, that would make me happy.

34 Tier X

tankeatingtiger #8 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:54 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 29567 battles
  • [D2TH]

View PostGLKamper, on 15 November 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

Don’t forget to ban the Dracula and Helsing, too. And the Vindicator and that other stupid looking LEGO tank.  Why not make a permanent “fun mode” that’s restricted to tech tree tanks only?  Other than the fact that no one would play it, it sounds like a great idea. 

Pay to Play tanks like Smasher and Annihilator keep the WG servers up and running. I was considering playing the Smasher less now that the ATGMs were leaving but with all this talk about banishing it, I guess I’ll keep on playing the Smasher and have fun while I can. 

Realistic mode is your solution.

http://forum.wotblit...ms/TET Project/

forum broke my beautiful gif...

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

daREAL_trainboi #9 Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9125 battles
  • [UWU_]

I think the real fantasy tanks (Halloween, Mad Games, etc) should get the same treatment as the blue Sheridan. However, vehicles such as the Strv 74A2, M4 FL10, the GuP tanks, etc. should stay in random battles as they technically are real tanks.

I'm just sick of seeing at least 1 Smasher and/or Annihilator on my team every game. It's so annoying, and I'm sick of them flooding the random queue.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

acrisis #10 Posted 15 November 2020 - 03:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

There are other fantasy tanks that pose far greater issues than a Smasher. 

Sure, it blows to be on the receiving end of one or two derps and get sent back to the garage.

But it moves slow, reloads slow, has a lot of dispersion, can be penned, etc.

The same thing cannot be said for some other fantasy tanks ... that are nearly impenetrable, fire two shells at a time, six shells in a row, ...  

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

j_rod #11 Posted 15 November 2020 - 03:43 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postacrisis, on 15 November 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

There are other fantasy tanks that pose far greater issues than a Smasher. 

Sure, it blows to be on the receiving end of one or two derps and get sent back to the garage.

But it moves slow, reloads slow, has a lot of dispersion, can be penned, etc.

The same thing cannot be said for some other fantasy tanks ... that are nearly impenetrable, fire two shells at a time, six shells in a row, ...  

Or non-fantasy tanks like the WZ-120-1G FT.

The only  difference with the Smasher is that it’s hard to do bad in it. You could fire exclusively HE and have an impact on the outcome of the game 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

____Zer0____ #12 Posted 15 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43183 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRagnarok_Stravius, on 15 November 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

Good thing WG doesn’t care what tanks you have a problem with. 

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

richdubz #13 Posted 15 November 2020 - 03:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20044 battles
  • [AJAX]

View Postj_rod, on 15 November 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

The only  difference with the Smasher is that it’s hard to do bad in it. You could fire exclusively HE and have an impact on the outcome of the game 

This.  Any schmuck with a Smasher has an effect on the game that far outweighs their actual ability or experience.  Maybe that was the plan, but it sucks.

Ragnarok_Stravius #14 Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13927 battles
  • [ALTF4]

View PostDolly_Sod, on 15 November 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

I feel the opposite.  I think a Smasher is slow, has a giant turret, and a longish reload.  It is easily countered.  Whereas the Annihilator is fast, has trollier armor and is not as easily countered.  

The Smasher works better when it's bottom tier, but I think the Annihilator is more of a terror when Top Tier.  

Again, I feel the opposite.

The Annihilator has a trollish armor profile, and his armor is somewhat trollish, those are facts, it's made out of curvier armor, but most tanks can go through his armor.

Smasher is only made of flat panels, yet it can sometimes blocks shots even from my VK-100 and Lowe.

Annihilator has a burst-fire only gun, at normal combat ranges, like 30 or so meters, the first shot will hit you, but the second might not, and the third won't, at closer ranges it will rip you apart, but the time it takes to close that gap is enough for you to shoot him somewhere pennable or just run away into cover.

Smasher can sometimes just look at you and take away 500hp with no work put into it, be it because of "Stalin's guide" or actual better RNG, it doesn't matter what you're using, actually, it kinda does, if you're using a VK-100, he'll just take low 500s hp from you, if you're lucky, just high 400s hp, if you using a Tier VII and VI, he's taking a lot more health out of you.

The other term I use for Smasher, other than Cancer, is Bull Feces, because it can pull off stuff with no logical reason, I can only speak from my experience, Smasher should not have been made, and should've been removed in the update after it's inclusion.

AntoineDodson #15 Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:23 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 33656 battles
  • [-OMG-]
Guess it's time to break out the Lupus. LOL
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

____Zer0____ #16 Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43183 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Annihilator > Smasher 

I agree that the Smasher is more nub friendly, but a competent player is going to out perform in an Annihilator 

Edited by ____Zer0____, 15 November 2020 - 04:29 PM.

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

_Crusader6_ #17 Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:43 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

Imagine complaining about ONLY 1-2 tanks in tier 7...
   Tier 7 has a slew of broken tanks. 
The Smasher isn’t even the worst offender, it’s really just a nub clubber, and fairly easy to counter.  

Play tier 8 and higher and you don’t really care about that. 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Morphman11 #18 Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
Geniuses think that the entire Chinese line and all Chinese tds are actually real. FT stands for fake tank. Not a single one of those was actually in plans.
OFFFICIAL PUBLIC RELATIONS for the Morphman YouTube Channel

oicram1 #19 Posted 15 November 2020 - 05:06 PM

Mono Prime

• Players
  • 44884 battles
  • [DEF_4]

I have zero problems with the tanks in game. Fantasy or not. 

"Yo no estudio para saber más, sino para ignorar menos.” 
"I do not study to know more, but to ignore less."
                Sor Juana Inés De la Cruz

Ragnarok_Stravius #20 Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13927 battles
  • [ALTF4]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 15 November 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

Imagine complaining about ONLY 1-2 tanks in tier 7...
   Tier 7 has a slew of broken tanks. 
The Smasher isn’t even the worst offender, it’s really just a nub clubber, and fairly easy to counter.  

Play tier 8 and higher and you don’t really care about that. 

How can I not care about the Smasher?

I play mostly Tier VIII, and that thing can still do illogical stuff against VK-100s and Lowe's, I already said this before, sometimes my shots can't through it no matter what, while it can easily pen me for no reason, no maybe what I do.

Also tagged with Smasher, Remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users