Now that WG is removing ATGMs, can we talk about removing the Smasher?

Smasher Remove

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

_Crusader6_ #21 Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:21 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRagnarok_Stravius, on 15 November 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

How can I not care about the Smasher?

I play mostly Tier VIII, and that thing can still do illogical stuff against VK-100s and Lowe's, I already said this before, sometimes my shots can't through it no matter what, while it can easily pen me for no reason, no maybe what I do.

If you trouble penning the Smasher in a tier 8, you have me questioning why you are playing tier 8.  

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

acrisis #22 Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21314 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRagnarok_Stravius, on 15 November 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

I play mostly Tier VIII, and that thing can still do illogical stuff against VK-100s and Lowe's, I already said this before, sometimes my shots can't through it no matter what, while it can easily pen me for no reason, no maybe what I do.

Two words, one app:

Armor Inspector.

Well worth every penny at $5

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

minitel_NA #23 Posted 15 November 2020 - 11:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Remove the smasher won’t solve the issue, with the release of the humili-hator, and knowing they come after the dracul and phone-hell-thing.

they would need to remove all of these, and seeing how many there are in tier7, it looks like they make a lot of money out of them. 

don’t expect anye removal soon..

however I wish I could opt out of the funny tanks. Right now it means playing tier 8.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

_irongiant_ #24 Posted 17 November 2020 - 02:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43240 battles
  • [-DERP]

View PostRagnarok_Stravius, on 15 November 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

I never had problems with the ATGMs, only got into Tier IX months after the their inclusion, I only thought of them a gimmicks for a new useless light tank.

But, I always had problems with the Smasher, when it was added, I thought it was a reskinned KV-2 for a quick cash grab, but then it started getting spammed like hell, and it the amount of times it bounced shells for no reason and the times it penned me for no reason, I grew to hate this OP Trash.

Now, that WG finally removed something that the Community hated, can WG remove the Smasher, something everyone, except the worthless players that spam it, also hates?

My god, stop crying about the smasher. It’s just a tank, if you can’t keep up or take it out then quit.

_Memento_Mori #25 Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:03 AM

I have two guns, one for each of you

• Players
  • 15863 battles
  • [VND]

You're comparing apples to oranges in two different baskets: 

A) OP tanks have been around for ages, and can be countered with intelligent gameplay-hence their attributes are accentuated because intelligent play is non-existent in pub matches. If they can't be countered effectively, eventually WG wakes up from its coma and brings out Lucille, or gives the competition Uno reverse cards.

and

B) Missiles cannot be countered, unless you count giving up a chokepoint/hill to your team's detriment or hurting its knuckles with your teeth. Hence Lucille turns the American light tank line into Glenn.

The end.

generalhonks #26 Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8180 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Any tank can be killed if you know what you are doing. In this case, the weaknesses of a Smasher is that it is slow and has a long reload. Once it fires, circle it and get side shots. The turret of a Smasher will not be able to keep up with you unless you are in a superheavy tank.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

Valkyrie04 #27 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4352 battles
  • [FL-LT]
Certain comments made me lose a couple braincells

Steelers510 #28 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 41477 battles
  • [NUKEZ]

View PostRagnarok_Stravius, on 15 November 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

I've taken out many a Smasher in my Lowe.  They are not too intimidating.  You should try aiming better or perhaps using better tactics like sidescraping.

thenerfdude #29 Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:23 AM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 30395 battles
  • [_AUS_]

Let me flip a coin, il tell you what it says :coin:

It says "no".. actually both sides say "no"  :P

People paid for this tank, and it doesnt hold any game breaking features... the tank is just annoying :mellow:

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time 

RibbleStripe #30 Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 261 battles
  • [RGN]

Block Quote

Now that WG is removing ATGMs, can we talk about removing the Smasher?

According to this logic we have to remove KV-2, SU-152, Death Star. After that - autoloaders and autoreloaders. And make all the tanks completely equal at the end. Just like in Battle city. Or what was the name of that NES tanks game?

We are removing a new mechanics a part of community didn’t and won’t accept. It’s a completely different case. 

generalhonks #31 Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8180 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 17 November 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

According to this logic we have to remove KV-2, SU-152, Death Star. After that - autoloaders and autoreloaders. And make all the tanks completely equal at the end. Just like in Battle city. Or what was the name of that NES tanks game?

We are removing a new mechanics a part of community didn’t and won’t accept. It’s a completely different case. 

Exactly. Like I said, all tanks can be killed if you know how to do it. In the case if ATGMs, they were unfair cause they gave non line of sight shooting. This is why (at least I assume) WG is removing missiles. I actually much prefer this new standard HEAT shell. 

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

bwcamp #32 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8234 battles
  • [WOY1]
yay
The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

_Crusader6_ #33 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:19 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 17 November 2020 - 05:49 AM, said:

Honestly I think most of us would be totally cool of you just replaced the 183 with a ‘Super Tortoise’ 

RonaldusMaximus_ #34 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:27 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 November 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

Honestly I think most of us would be totally cool of you just replaced the 183 with a ‘Super Tortoise’ 

Something like the Badger?

GLKamper #35 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41161 battles

I got my first Raisen in the Smasher yesterday. Also picked up a Kolobanov in the game. The other team had a Smasher, Annihilator, and a Helsing on the roster. We had a Dracula and Helsing but no Annihilator. I received 4 shots that did not pen me; at least 2 were from an SU-122-44. For this, I received a First Class medal, one Effective Player vote, and a Lucky player vote. 

Just sharing. 

WOT_BLITZ_ #36 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:34 PM

Pro not, Noob much

• Players
  • 13836 battles
  • [-BB-]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 17 November 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

Well the only logical thing for the "Super Tortoise" would be the badger. Then where would the 183 go? In WoT PC it became a premium and was replaced by the Badger. That also means the FV4005 would take place holder of the 183 since the tank is made to fit a 183mm cannon. It wouldn't work because either way people are going to be mad that a tank they paid money for is now for free... Unless they get proper compensation which is unlikely. It wouldn't work and if this was to be implemented an entirely new tier 10 TD... I don't see this working at all.

I may not be unicum but I sure do know how to play

#1 NOOB NA SERBER!
Confirmed Boeing AH-64 Apache Vibes

_Crusader6_ #37 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:41 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 17 November 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

View PostWOT_BLITZ_, on 17 November 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

Well the only logical thing for the "Super Tortoise" would be the badger. Then where would the 183 go? In WoT PC it became a premium and was replaced by the Badger. That also means the FV4005 would take place holder of the 183 since the tank is made to fit a 183mm cannon. It wouldn't work because either way people are going to be mad that a tank they paid money for is now for free... Unless they get proper compensation which is unlikely. It wouldn't work and if this was to be implemented an entirely new tier 10 TD... I don't see this working at all.

I think most of us wished the Badger had straight up replaced the 183.   

That ship sailed though.  
   You could legit give the Tort more armor, some spaced armor and a bit more mobility and DPM and call it the Super Tortoise and replace the 183.  

The 183 doesn’t fit Blitz, it will never be balanced due to the alpha and pen.      
    To really balance the 183 it needs to lose the HESH.   Then one can look at fixing it. 

RonaldusMaximus_ #38 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:48 PM

Self-Righteous Prick

• Players
  • 17497 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 November 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

That ship sailed though.  
   You could legit give the Tort more armor, some spaced armor and a bit more mobility and DPM and call it the Super Tortoise and replace the 183.  

To really balance the 183 it needs to lose the HESH.   Then one can look at fixing it. 

Are you suggesting that WG just make up a tank and stick it at the end of a tech tree?

My god you have some nerve C6! 

WOT_BLITZ_ #39 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:51 PM

Pro not, Noob much

• Players
  • 13836 battles
  • [-BB-]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 17 November 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

That ship sailed though.  

I completely agree that the 183 doesn't fit. but the whole reason it hasn't happened is because of the fact that they could make money out of this... Both ways. People would drop hundreds to buy the badger and extra hundreds to get the 183. But old WoTB was greatly, greatly, influenced by old WoT PC. 

I may not be unicum but I sure do know how to play

#1 NOOB NA SERBER!
Confirmed Boeing AH-64 Apache Vibes

j_rod #40 Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:53 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28050 battles
  • [III-R]
People love derp guns and as crappy as the 183 is, folks still want to play it bc of its derp. I agree with Cru though that it could be balanced if HESH was removed making it a less armored Jg E100 with a half useable turret.

As for the Smasher - it’s my most played tank and it is 100% broken. Not bc it has a derp gun, but bc it has a derp gun with decent gun handling stats, crazy HEAT pen and it’s at tier 7. Yes, good players can counter it, but that’s true for any tank.

Here’s the caveat though - just bc it’s a broken tank doesn’t mean it’s bad for the game or breaks the game. Missiles were bad for the game...really strong tanks are not. They drive revenue and interest and while they’re potentially frustrating for less skilled players, I can honestly say that I never see a tank on the other team and think “oh no, they have an XXX.” I’m far more concerned about the players on the other team than the specific tanks.

Edited by j_rod, 17 November 2020 - 01:55 PM.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Also tagged with Smasher, Remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users