Howitzers for the Maus line

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

daREAL_trainboi #1 Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:04 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Let's not make this thread about how bad of a player I am or how stupid my ideas are, can we just discuss what it would be like to maybe have these in game and think about other things along this topic.

Hello all,

I've been poking around on the WG wiki and after digging and researching a bit, I've found that the VK 100.01 (P) and Mäuschen were proposed to have 15cm howitzers. Using this info, I've made some stats for proposed howitzers that can be mounted on the VK100 and Mäuschen. I've also added one for the Maus based on the Reheinmetall-Borsig Wäffentrager's cannon. Without further ado, here are the stats.

COMPLETE REVAMP-HE SHELLS REMOVED, AP and PREMIUM AP PENETRATION INCREASED.

VK 100.01 (P):

Add 15cm Kw.K L/37 howitzer. 180/215 penetration, 580/510 alpha damage. Reload 19.47 seconds.

Mäuschen:

Add 15cm Kw.K L/40 howitzer. 210/244 penetration. 620/530 alpha damage. Reload 18.83 seconds.

Maus:Add the 15cm Kw.K L/29 Ausf. B howitzer. 230/255 penetration, 640/550 alpha damage. Reload 17.49 seconds.

What do you think? Does this seem like an interesting idea? Post below!

Edited by daREAL_trainboi, 23 November 2020 - 01:01 AM.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:17 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

I think you should spend more time learning how to play Blitz and less time with these silly suggestion threads.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

NastyShrimp5 #3 Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3494 battles
  • [SSB1]
Howitzers? On the most heavily armored tank in the game? That much damage with a tank that thick smells like overpoweredness and broken gameplay to me. No thanks.

Edited by NastyShrimp5, 20 November 2020 - 01:23 AM.

daREAL_trainboi #4 Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:42 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Changed the premium pen to AP, and lowered it as well as standard. Not to mention these howitzers come without Soviet bias, so aiming is a nightmare.

These changes are for fun. After all, Blitz is a game.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 19 November 2020 - 07:17 PM, said:

I think you should spend more time learning how to play Blitz and less time with these silly suggestion threads.

Peace-

Boris

It feels nice to be appreciated. And I am learning more how to play, aren't all of us learning new things everyday? Besides, suggestion threads allow us to dream up what-if ideas and speculate with other members of the community.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:16 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 19 November 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

Changed the premium pen to AP, and lowered it as well as standard. Not to mention these howitzers come without Soviet bias, so aiming is a nightmare.

These changes are for fun. After all, Blitz is a game.

It feels nice to be appreciated. And I am learning more how to play, aren't all of us learning new things everyday? Besides, suggestion threads allow us to dream up what-if ideas and speculate with other members of the community.

Or they make you look silly.   Sort of like asking how to play a tier 8 tank when you've not yet leaned the fundamentals.  

Peace-

Boris

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

daREAL_trainboi #6 Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:28 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

I suggest you take your slamming somewhere else. I'm not ashamed at being a 46 percent player, and I have zero tolerance for this behavior.

So, besides Boris's obvious opinion, what does everyone else think?

KempBushThe3rd #7 Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:38 AM

my words sometimes mean things

• Players
  • 20286 battles
  • [-PYX-]
I agree with Boris's obvious opinion, this is just Japanese heavies with less steps, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't understand why Japanese heavies would be bad for the game even though it's been shat on on the forums almost as much as arty.

daREAL_trainboi #8 Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:45 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

I respect your opinion.

But think about it-the Japanese heavies are also much bigger, and much better armored than the Maus line. Plus, I think that derp guns are fun, and it's much easier than Japanese heavies to implement or balance.

If Japanese heavy tanks were to come in, I'd remove the derp guns altogether as that seems too much. But on this line it feels a bit more toned down and balanced.

BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:56 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 19 November 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

I suggest you take your slamming somewhere else. I'm not ashamed at being a 46 percent player, and I have zero tolerance for this behavior.

So, besides Boris's obvious opinion, what does everyone else think?

If you are not ashamed, then there is no way you can be slammed for you stats.

Your ideas to "improve" the game are bad - really bad.   This is not the first time you've posted a bad idea, and I doubt it will be your last.

Peace-

Boris

daREAL_trainboi #10 Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:13 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Thank you.

"Good" and "bad" ideas are debatable terms, it all depends on opinion.

My suggestion threads usually don't gain a lot of traction, mostly just folks talking about how I suck and my ideas suck, so I expected this. It would be nice to get a change of pace though.

BorisBaddenov #11 Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:56 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 19 November 2020 - 08:13 PM, said:

Thank you.

"Good" and "bad" ideas are debatable terms, it all depends on opinion.

My suggestion threads usually don't gain a lot of traction, mostly just folks talking about how I suck and my ideas suck, so I expected this. It would be nice to get a change of pace though.

Put up a reasonable idea and you'd get different responses.   But if I were you, I'd wait until I understood the game, before I started putting up threads about how to change the game or how to add tanks to it.  That's why you dont get any traction.   See what Kemp said about you and Japanese heavy's? 

Peace-

Boris

Morphman_ #12 Posted 20 November 2020 - 04:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37376 battles
  • [WEAK]
Last time they took a 40%ers input, spare parts were introduced. Let that sink in.

#1 Hated Target of the Censorship Bureau

They hate my good hygiene

And despise the vocal stylings of David Lee Roth

Morphman_ #13 Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37376 battles
  • [WEAK]
Anyone with a brain would also realize that howitzers are not designed for anti-tank usage because they are an infantry support weapon. This is why tanks equipped with howitzers are literally useless to engage an armored enemy. The best example is the M4 Sherman 105. It literally carried no solid ammunition which is the primary choice to take out armor. It only carried HE rounds and had several HEAT rounds sprinkled in the mix, which were practically useless because the rifling made the HEAT rounds spin thus making them less effective. The reason is because it was designed to assist infantry. Even in today’s age, howitzers are an area weapon meaning they only fire HE, smoke, and canister charges. Same reason why the T49 only carries HE and HEAT. Instead of using that skull to make up stupid fantasies, try to figure out how not to lose over 50% of the time. Don’t even bother saying you are doing better when you still struggle to break even with your hit pool.

#1 Hated Target of the Censorship Bureau

They hate my good hygiene

And despise the vocal stylings of David Lee Roth

daREAL_trainboi #14 Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:19 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 19 November 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

Put up a reasonable idea and you'd get different responses.   But if I were you, I'd wait until I understood the game, before I started putting up threads about how to change the game or how to add tanks to it.  That's why you dont get any traction.   See what Kemp said about you and Japanese heavy's? 

Peace-

Boris

You make a fair point. I will not deny I'm not the best player. I just thought this would be a fun suggestion to speculate on, and as for the Japanese heavy tanks-why not? We know it'll never happen, but we're still allowed to speculate and imagine if WG made the unthinkable decision to bring them in (which, will never happen).

View PostAnathsHairy3rdLeg, on 19 November 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

Last time they took a 40%ers input, spare parts were introduced. Let that sink in.

Wasn't around for that...

View PostAnathsHairy3rdLeg, on 19 November 2020 - 11:06 PM, said:

Anyone with a brain would also realize that howitzers are not designed for anti-tank usage because they are an infantry support weapon. This is why tanks equipped with howitzers are literally useless to engage an armored enemy. The best example is the M4 Sherman 105. It literally carried no solid ammunition which is the primary choice to take out armor. It only carried HE rounds and had several HEAT rounds sprinkled in the mix, which were practically useless because the rifling made the HEAT rounds spin thus making them less effective. The reason is because it was designed to assist infantry. Even in today’s age, howitzers are an area weapon meaning they only fire HE, smoke, and canister charges. Same reason why the T49 only carries HE and HEAT. Instead of using that skull to make up stupid fantasies, try to figure out how not to lose over 50% of the time. Don’t even bother saying you are doing better when you still struggle to break even with your hit pool.

That's the entire point of these derp guns. They are terrible against armored vehicles, but they are fun to play. The reason tanks such as the SU-152 or T49 are played so much is not because the derp guns are good, it's because they are fun. This is a game, after all. An arcade game for that matter. 

And I know, I'm not a great player at all. But I am trying to improve, and am learning all sorts of new things. If you want to give me tips on how to play better, I suggest you reply to my thread on that instead of bringing it here.

Vantablack12 #15 Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:54 AM

Milk Chugger

• Players
  • 17351 battles
  • [K9]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 19 November 2020 - 06:56 PM, said:

If you are not ashamed, then there is no way you can be slammed for you stats.

Your ideas to "improve" the game are bad - really bad.   This is not the first time you've posted a bad idea, and I doubt it will be your last.

Peace-

Boris

Well, at least he's not constantly posting about how MM is broken or Smasher needs nerf. I prefer good or bad ideas over ranting and complaining.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Vantablack12 #16 Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:56 AM

Milk Chugger

• Players
  • 17351 battles
  • [K9]
I don't think your idea will ever come to fruition, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility anymore. (except Japanese heavies, arty, and composite armor)

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

tedg5 #17 Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:39 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 60350 battles
  • [AGOGO]
THe issue is balance. If you look all derp tanks in wotb have significant armor weaknesses. That makes you very vulnerable during that long reload to help balance that big alpha from your one shot. There are other balancing such as dispersion etc, but I don’t think it should be the only one with such good armor too. So that’s a no from me. :arta:

KempBushThe3rd #18 Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:41 PM

• Players
  • 20286 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 20 November 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

That's the entire point of these derp guns. They are terrible against armored vehicles, but they are fun to play. The reason tanks such as the SU-152 or T49 are played so much is not because the derp guns are good, it's because they are fun. This is a game, after all. An arcade game for that matter.

If you really love derp tanks so much, just play the KV-2, SU-152, or T49 and stop asking for more. Those tanks already exist for a reason.

daREAL_trainboi #19 Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:06 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Good replies so far, I like your opinions when they are not based off my in game stats or win rate.

TBF, it could seem pointless to add more derp tanks and guns but I think that from a historical perspective this would be interesting to see what would have happened if 15cm guns were decided as the Maus' main armament.

Or we could dispense with the derps altogether and make a mini-branch (maybe even just a single Tier X) that is essentially the Mäuschen, at Tier X, with the same armor but a weaker 15cm like the E100. Seems like a stretch, but could be interesting. I'll keep this thread going.

KempBushThe3rd #20 Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:37 PM

• Players
  • 20286 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 20 November 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

Good replies so far, I like your opinions when they are not based off my in game stats or win rate.

Boris: This is a silly idea and you should learn to play the game.

daREAL_trainboi: stop attacking me for my stats!!1!11!!!

Me: I agree with Boris, this is a stupid idea.

daREAL_trainboi: Thank you, I respect your opinion.

???

To me it just feels like you're disregarding a person's entire opinion whenever they directly hurt your feelings without even looking at the opinion itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users