Howitzers for the Maus line

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

daREAL_trainboi #21 Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:39 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

The point is to keep out discussions about player stats, etc. as this is not what this thread is for.

I'd just rather have people not bring in that topic, whether about me or someone else as it is not needed.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

Mako__Reizei___ #22 Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:58 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Howitzers would turn them into Japense heavies.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

daREAL_trainboi #23 Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:09 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Do I have to explain myself again?

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

Mako__Reizei___ #24 Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:21 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Yeah, Maus with E-100 gun is totally balanced. You're missing the point, it removes the fun for everyone but the player. If you really want a 15cm gun then get yourself an E-100. Such a heavily armored tank will become extremely broken if given a big caliber gun.

daREAL_trainboi #25 Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:08 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

This is nowhere near an E100 gun. Less accurate, worse reload, and crap pen. They are howitzers, not anti-tank guns like on the E100.

Did you even read the penetration numbers at the beginning?

KempBushThe3rd #26 Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:53 AM

my words sometimes mean things

• Players
  • 20286 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 20 November 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

Do I have to explain myself again?

Do we have to explain ourselves again? We already told you why this, like all your other ideas, is a bad idea. Let it rest.

Mako__Reizei___ #27 Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:27 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Yes, I have read the penetration numbers. That isn't the problem here, the problem is giving heavily armored tanks a big caliber gun with really spammable HE. 128mm HE is already capable enough when used right, what about 150mm? Would you really want a Japanese heavy line in Blitz? Because that's what they'll become when given such a gun.

daREAL_trainboi #28 Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:36 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

But what's the point in using the HE if you can run the current gun, which is far more consistent and will give you a better time.

If you want, I can lower the HE even more to ensure that people will not even think of using it, but why would you splash ~300 with a 17 second reload if you can do ~460 for a much quicker reload and much better penetration. There is no point to using these howitzers unless you catch the rear or sides of lights and mediums, which is hard since you are as big as a barn, and very slow.

The thing about the Japanese heavy tanks is that they also have HESH, which is something I would not even think of giving to these guns. The HE is much worse on this proposal then on the Type 5. As far as I'm concerned, it is balanced enough. Plus, the Maus does not have as much armor as it used to, because most heavies can pen it's upper plate with prammo anyway.

daREAL_trainboi #29 Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:40 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

View PostKempBushThe3rd, on 20 November 2020 - 11:53 PM, said:

Do we have to explain ourselves again? We already told you why this, like all your other ideas, is a bad idea. Let it rest.

Do I have to explain myself again?

I have made this idea with consideration so that it is balanced and near-useless now thanks to your concerns, and you still think it's a terrible idea. This will, in no way, break the game and I'm sure most people would decide to run the other guns anyway. This is a purely fun little idea I had and we are all making a mountain out of a molehill  here.

KempBushThe3rd #30 Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:11 PM

• Players
  • 20286 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 21 November 2020 - 11:36 AM, said:

But what's the point in using the HE if you can run the current gun, which is far more consistent and will give you a better time.

If you want, I can lower the HE even more to ensure that people will not even think of using it, but why would you splash ~300 with a 17 second reload if you can do ~460 for a much quicker reload and much better penetration. There is no point to using these howitzers unless you catch the rear or sides of lights and mediums, which is hard since you are as big as a barn, and very slow.

Then why add it in the first place??

daREAL_trainboi #31 Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:19 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]
Because it's fun. Who doesn't like the howitzer on the KV-2 or T49? Yes, they are terrible, but they are so fun to play. This is a game.

KempBushThe3rd #32 Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:45 PM

• Players
  • 20286 battles
  • [-PYX-]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 21 November 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

Because it's fun. Who doesn't like the howitzer on the KV-2 or T49? Yes, they are terrible, but they are so fun to play. This is a game.

Then play the KV-2 or T49.

daREAL_trainboi #33 Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:02 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

I was using them as an example.

And we're right back where we started, with this fun little proposal that people want to make a huge deal about.

Mako__Reizei___ #34 Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:29 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Because tapping someone for 300 damage is better than aiming in and increasing the risk of getting penned for 460 damage. Masterful use of HE will make you a force to be reckoned with. Unless you're a sadist who gets fun from making people's lives miserable, I don't see any reasonable use of using a 15cm gun on the Maus. And even then, it'll become a Japanese heavy in the game if it gets a 15cm gun. You use AP on tanks you can pen and spam HE on heavies you can't pen. Tell me how that isn't op on such a heavily armored tank that can also push and hold flanks like no other.

daREAL_trainboi #35 Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:54 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Want me to update the pen numbers again?

May I make myself clear-this tank does not have HESH like the Japanese heavies. Secondly, the AP pen is absolute trash, and even the premium pen sucks. Your effective damage per minute is much, much lower than using the current gun since you can only use your standard if you run into a light or medium, which due to your speed is unlikely. Secondly, even if using the premium AP it'll be a miracle if you penetrate anything since your soft stats on the gun suck. The only way this gun is useful is if a lone medium, light, or the rear of a tank is pennable with HE and you can slap them for 960 alpha. And thirdly, remember the E100 has a much more effective 15cm gun that people should be more wary about than a crappy howitzer that can't do anything. Be glad I'm not mounting an E-100 gun on the Maus. 

In short, I've nerfed these guns several times and yet you still think it will break the game. How much will it take?

Mako__Reizei___ #36 Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:03 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
Sure, remove the HE on all the 15cm guns on the line. Then maybe it'll be ok.

generalhonks #37 Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9138 battles
  • [HOUSE]
While it is an interesting idea, I don’t see it coming to Blitz for a few years. Also, Boris, can you just shut up please. No one needs to hear you stat shaming this guy. That goes for everyone else as well, although you did hide it much better than Mr. Nogudnik/Badenov here.

No I'm not defending German technical superiority, I'm stating the ****ing obvious!

daREAL_trainboi #38 Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:25 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Finally, someone who doesn't think this sucks.

I agree, this might never come, but I thought it was an interesting homage to the historical development of the Maus, before the Germans decided to go with the 12.8cm.

I do believe, based on the drawings and plans of barrel length doing research that these guns appear to be large, anti-tank weapons with actual power similar to the E-100, but I decided to make them howitzers because it seemed more fun and less op (we have the VK72 and E100 for big guns that actually penetrate).

Mako__Reizei___ #39 Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:03 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
The Maus was planned to have E-100's gun and turret. So technically speaking it wouldn't make sense to give it a howitzer. And besides, HE on a caliber that big on such a heavily armored tank reeks of Japanese heavy tank line. AP is pretty much irrelevant when you can consistently spam HE and do 300 splash; it would mean that you get to maximize your armor thickness while also dealing very effective damage even with bad DPM. The tank isn't even about dealing damage, it's about absorbing it and giving it a way to consistently deal damage with little effort is broken. 

Mako__Reizei___ #40 Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:05 AM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]
And also, before continuing on with the topic of giving the Maus such a good HE spamming gun I suggest you get it first and give it about 750+ battles or so to get a good grasp at how the tank works. Then perhaps you'll see why such a gun would make the Maus stupid broken. Maybe not so op but it's gonna be cancer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users