Howitzers for the Maus line

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

daREAL_trainboi #41 Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

I made them howitzers because I needed to take some creative liberties. There was no way I'd give it the E100 gun, especially with the VK100. Howitzers are not as damaging.

You are right, the Maus's job is to take hits. That's why I made the guns howitzers, because a normal 15cm gun would make the E100 and VK72 irrelevant. Giving it a howitzer makes it much less effective, and really only a threat when dealing with soft targets. I don't know why you keep thinking people would run the howitzer on the Maus, it's only there for fun and most will stay with the 12.8cm.

And yes, I have not played the Maus, but the VK 100 is along the same lines, the only problem being the center mounted turret. And since the VK 100 is one of my favorite tanks to play because of that armor and gun, as well as watching lots of Maus replays, means that I've got a general jist of how they play. Once I get the Mäuschen (which could not be very long), it's essentially a Maus except for the large cupola on top.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

daREAL_trainboi #42 Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:38 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Wow, 3 pages of arguing. Awesome!

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

Mako__Reizei___ #43 Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:40 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8879 battles
  • [ALIAS]

Mäuschen is not a Maus. Its armor is a lot weaker tier for tier. It's kind of more troll but it's slower, has a big tumor and weaker overall armor. The problem with giving them howitzers is the fact that you can maximize your armor whilst getting consistent damage source. IS-4, E5, IS-7 facehug? No problem, tap for 300-500 HE roof splash. Enemy Maus sidescraping? Click and point, deal 300 damage and return turret to position. Somebody going hull-down? Blap for 350-450 splash. Not only does the Maus have a very consistent damage source but the amount of time it takes for you to deal damage is lower because you don't really have to aim in, you can just tap someone with HE and do consistent damage output. Aiming in and the shooting takes an average of about 1-4 seconds, so around 2.5 seconds. That's 2.5 seconds off of your turret being unangled and potentially receiving damage on the unangled cheeks as you can just tap someone with HE and then resume angling.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

daREAL_trainboi #44 Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:58 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 11672 battles
  • [UWU_]

Well sure, I can't escape that excellent piece of evidence.

I'm going to change the guns up a little. I'll give them better AP pen for both standard and premium, then eliminate the HE rounds so they turn into dangerous but non-HE vehicles that still have bad-ish pen and all the normal derp gun drawbacks. You're right, HE makes these tanks more powerful with the armor. Revision time.

_Bland #45 Posted 03 December 2020 - 04:11 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7714 battles
  • [L0YAL]
Man you guys are being pretty toxic to daREAL_trainboi.  It's the forums, he can say what they want.  We all can come up with ideas to daydream about.  15cm howitzers would be a fun new playstyle, but I doubt they'll be added.  And man, I know they won't, but I wish they'd add japanese heavies.  I already have the maus and e100, and I want more thicc bois

TOG II + floaties + boat engine= mobile island

CommanderSean_2014 #46 Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:43 PM

Yukari Ma Best Waifu

• Players
  • 19245 battles
  • [COD]

jap heavies were not implemented for such a reason.

edit:  WG said no,what is all the point of this three page long argue?

Edited by CommanderSean_2014, 03 January 2021 - 03:44 PM.

A   Proud        

Taiwanese     

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users