Annihilator

Premium Premium Vehicles Over Powered OP Annihilator

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ahyote #1 Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1908 battles
Please just think about nerfing its gun. Two volleys destroys my T-43 easily and its the same teir, and I can hardly pen them.

Premiums shouldn't outclass regular tech tree vehicles. There is zero hope for me or most teir 7 tanks to ever take one on, heavies included.

snafuoorah #2 Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17069 battles
:child:

Ahyote #3 Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1908 battles

View Postsnafuoorah, on 25 November 2020 - 11:37 AM, said:

:child:

Ah yes, premium vehicle destroys regular tank easily, must be baby for acknowledging [edited]!

Go to your WoT PC and War Thunder to play with your money tanks where everyone is miserable and is at extreme disadvantages depending on how big their wallets are.

LordDumptruck #4 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20427 battles
  • [III-C]
The T-43 may have difficulty penning it, but consider that your dpm is quite high. If you can find a situation where an annihilator is distracted by another teammate or you can get around to the side of its hull and side hug it, you stand a chance of at least not taking all three shots of each volley. Also try using your APCR rounds-you may lose some damage per shot but you are more likely to be able to pen the front of its hull. The T-43 is definitely feeling some power creep, try not to 1 v 1 it in the open. The annihilator’s reload is about thirteen seconds long so you have time for about two and maaaaaybe three shots before you need to be behind cover if that crazy barrel is looking at you. 

Gojira1150 #5 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2596 battles
  • [GRAMS]

View PostLordDumptruck, on 25 November 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

The T-43 may have difficulty penning it, but consider that your dpm is quite high. If you can find a situation where an annihilator is distracted by another teammate or you can get around to the side of its hull and side hug it, you stand a chance of at least not taking all three shots of each volley. Also try using your APCR rounds-you may lose some damage per shot but you are more likely to be able to pen the front of its hull. The T-43 is definitely feeling some power creep, try not to 1 v 1 it in the open. The annihilator’s reload is about thirteen seconds long so you have time for about two and maaaaaybe three shots before you need to be behind cover if that crazy barrel is looking at you. 

And if all else fails, your forced to 1v1 it in the open and you have no APCR, chuck some HE at that barrel, make it even more likely to either A: miss you, or B: have its gun knocked out so you have time to flee

KempBushThe3rd #6 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 18025 battles
  • [SEAL]
I don't know what the above replies are talking about because I thought we already reached a consensus that the Annihilator is OP here on the forums. If WG isn't gonna fix the Smasher then they're definitely not gonna fix the Annihilator.

Ahyote #7 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1908 battles
See the issue is the Annihilator literally deletes entire tanks. A single annihilator took out a full HP T29, half HP KV-2, and my T-43. and just shrugs off anything i throw at it. This shouldn't EXIST unless balance based on tiering is some sort of illusion.

_Cletus #8 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:20 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 33587 battles
  • [III-C]
It is OP, but if you want to play Blitz, you better be figuring out how to beat OP tanks or be driving OP tanks.  One thing that helps is that people like me try to target and remove these tanks from the game early.  So in this case, you have to think about what advantages you have over the OP tank.  You're faster and you have a faster reload.  So try to mess up his shot, time him and make sure you're wiggling when he shoots, if he only pens one of his three that's good for you.  Take advantage of his long reload to flank him, try to hit him in the sides and rear.  If you're circling him he'll need to be traversing his hull and his turret to hit you so you he probably won't be able to hit you with all three shots.  Basically, the Anni is a slow fat heavy, use your speed to your advantage.  

Most people are other people.  Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.  -Oscar Wilde

Gojira1150 #9 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2596 battles
  • [GRAMS]

View PostAhyote, on 25 November 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

See the issue is the Annihilator literally deletes entire tanks. A single annihilator took out a full HP T29, half HP KV-2, and my T-43. and just shrugs off anything i throw at it. This shouldn't EXIST unless balance based on tiering is some sort of illusion.

The big problem is that the Annihilator is kind of a Tier 7.5 tank, as it is op for a Tier 7, but as a Tier 8 it would be fairly bad, as it just doesn't have the raw stats to face Tier 9s

RoadKutter #10 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:38 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 42376 battles
  • [III-C]

All I hear OP saying is "I'm dumb and can't figure it out, pls make everything else dumber" 

Maybe its a good thing we don't have +/-2 MM anymore, imagine how diluted the game would have to be if ha had to deal with a tier 9 in a tier 7 successfully?

Ghosting reds since 2014

RonaldusMaximus_ #11 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Physics Denier

• Players
  • 18563 battles
  • [III-P]

Annihilator teaches players not to pull out with your broadside showing.  If they cannot learn that, then they get deleted.

Vantablack12 #12 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:55 PM

Crayon Eating World Champion

• Players
  • 16689 battles
  • [K9]

Don't worry OP. The Annihilator will become less common as time goes on. 

It happened with the Smasher. When it first came out you would see a platoon of them on each team or more, but now you only see about one or two per game and they usually aren't good players. Some new tank will come out and everybody will ditch their Annihilator for this new one.

Not to mention it will probably get powercrept a little as time passes.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

tanker070 #13 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:58 PM

You rig some, you lose some

• Players
  • 61622 battles
  • [OHNUG]
i try to find out everything about OP tanks. 
know their reload, their top speed above all.  T43 gets better if it doesnt have to fight face to face. Pls know, WG pays off the debts to devil with our OP tank use

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

acrisis #14 Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-C]

I hear you, when it comes to fake tanks. One can dislike them out of principle ... not buy them, not play them, etc. ...  I was that way and still am about some tanks in the game, that I find blatantly OP (hellsing, gravedigger).  But, at some point one is forced into the realization that WG is not going to turn back the clock, will not stop releasing less realistic, futuristic, completely unrealistic tanks, etc. relative to the original era of the game.  

So, it is either get out of the game or accept it and let it go. 

As far as dealing with Annihs ... either kill them first or kill them last.

Try to keep distance and/or keep moving so only one of the three shells hits.

Then attack during their reload or when you can swarm them as a group. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

LordDumptruck #15 Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20427 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAhyote, on 25 November 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

If it shrugs off anything you throw at it:

1) stop panicking

2) do not fight it front to front, don’t waste time fighting it front to front

3) minimize how much of your tank is sticking out of cover so that you take minimal damage which allows you to 

4) AIM YOUR SHOTS AND USE APCR BECAUSE EVEN FRONTALLY YOU CAN PEN THE ANNIHILATOR WITH A T-43. 

Is it an easy tank to beat? No. Can it be beaten? Yes, frequently. Don’t stay exposed long enough to allow it to put two back to back volleys into you while you try to plink away at it. Knock out their tracks, retreat so they are forced to chase you, drag them into friendly guns so other green tanks engage them, don’t stick out in the open and stand still when you try to engage them. An annihilator is only OP if the driver is allowed to fight tanks one by one at close range. If it is engaged at mid to far range by multiple tanks, there’s not much it can do in return except find cover and wait for a better opportunity.

Mako__Reizei___ #16 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:01 PM

Sleepyhead

• Players
  • 8739 battles
  • [ALIAS]
You're about... five ywars late from when premiums weren't so op..

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)

pilotharrison #17 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:06 PM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 10189 battles

View Postacrisis, on 25 November 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

I hear you, when it comes to fake tanks. One can dislike them out of principle ... not buy them, not play them, etc. ...  I was that way and still am about some tanks in the game, that I find blatantly OP (hellsing, gravedigger).  But, at some point one is forced into the realization that WG is not going to turn back the clock, will not stop releasing less realistic, futuristic, completely unrealistic tanks, etc. relative to the original era of the game.  

So, it is either get out of the game or accept it and let it go. 

This. 

I hate these stupid fake tanks, and I just want to play with my actual realistic tanks and the prems that are usually prototypes/captured tanks (e.g. Pz. S35). I've stayed away from all of this fake tank [edited]and I don't have any of them minus the free Y5 T-34, but WG won't listen as long as the money keeps going into their pockets. 

As much as I hate the stupid Annihilator and I wish it'd be nerfed, it's not going to happen. T7 is just ~broken~ and the Smasher and Annihilator are part of it, but WG won't bother to fix it because they're just reeling in the cash. 

it's slowly getting better, at one point earlier I'd be the only tank that's not in an Annihilator platoon in the entire battle. 

Also, I started playing this game when premiums weren't that OP, and +2/-2 MM was still a thing. Since then, WOTB has significantly increased its playerbase, and it seems like to compensate, WG's strategy is like P2W, but they're a business, after all. 

Edited by pilotharrison, 25 November 2020 - 07:07 PM.

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

Aced tanks: T34, T14, Churchill III, BT-SV (x3), Ke-Ni (x2), Pz. II J (x2)

minitel_NA #18 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostAhyote, on 25 November 2020 - 04:17 PM, said:

Please just think about nerfing its gun. Two volleys destroys my T-43 easily and its the same teir, and I can hardly pen them.

Premiums shouldn't outclass regular tech tree vehicles. There is zero hope for me or most teir 7 tanks to ever take one on, heavies included.

we reviewed the numbers and found out that you are right.
will do it soon.

Thanks for sharing your remarks and don’t hesitate to come back if you have more suggestions.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

minitel_NA #19 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostMako__Reizei___, on 25 November 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

You're about... five ywars late from when premiums weren't so op..

you mean when most of them where basically tach tree tanks with the stock turret or gun ?

yes. That was a thing.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

snafuoorah #20 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17069 battles

View PostRoadKutter, on 25 November 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

All I hear OP saying is "I'm dumb and can't figure it out, pls make everything else dumber" 

Maybe its a good thing we don't have +/-2 MM anymore, imagine how diluted the game would have to be if ha had to deal with a tier 9 in a tier 7 successfully?

Where u at OP? The above is exactly what i was trying to say. But still :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users