7.4 Clan Missions Feedback, Good Idea but ...

clan missions feedback

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

acrisis #1 Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-C]

Clan missions are a good concept but the implementation is poor and the whole thing seems destined to be a failure in practice.

- The initial bonuses left a false impression. Medallions per clan member made it seem easy to complete and extra high rewards made it seem worthwhile to play extra for the clan goal.

- Then first week bugs with payouts and lost progress caused a lot of stress among players and second week smaller rewards already angered people, to where they express it is not worthwhile.

- Some players state they still have not received their rewards for week 1.
( factual ? or false impression because of design shortcomings ? )

That by itself has made players less motivated to use the new feature.

- The UI is poor / confusing.  In hindsight, into the second or third week, one can figure out how it all works, but it still is a poor layout and design execution.

> the first time you log on "Ok, we need 300 medallions, with our 10/day & 20-30/week we can do this " But then every time you log in later in the week it jumps higher and higher.  800, then 1000, then 4000.  So, in fact completing the whole bar is 4000, not 300 like it lets you believe.

- The math is brutal. I am not going rehash the same thing other people spelled out.
One needs more than 40 players to complete ALL their missions perfectly every single day of the week. That is simply not realistic, except for maybe a few hundred of the most active clans worldwide?

Considering some unrealistic missions in the daily tasks, one would have to play far too many hours.
Most players have a (very) limited amount of time to play and most clans have a mixture of daily / every few days / weekly and inactive players; so in effect it is simply unattainable for 99% of the clans.

- No incremental rewards for partial progress on the 10 mission / week thing?  I did not complete enough missions (thanks MM) over the week and then the weekend goal was just unobtainable.

- Stress inside the clans that we absolutely did not need.

A lot of veteran players have decreased their game time or pretty much walked off into the sunset, for any combination of reasons, between the game, player base, etc and real life.

Now the game demands clans to be filled with all highly active players.

The daily players are upset other players are not helping complete the total weekly goal.

The less frequent players, who try to contribute ... are frustrated that playing 1 hour does not come anywhere near completing daily missions ( considering MM teams, wins, tank kills, survival, etc. )

In larger clans, with friends spread out across sub-clans, and people moving around for competitive / tourney reasons;  playing with somebody from the family of clans doesn't count.  So, now you have to alienate some of your friends, if you want to complete clan missions. Yep. I played for two ours with a " clan mate " only to get zip, because he is actually not in the same sub-clan. This all goes back to the complication of having a 50 person limit per clan, which many clans have suffered with since day 1 ... and the fact that the clan mission goal does not differentiate between active, lesser active and inactive players. .

Long story short, WG causes clan stress that some of our friends are not playing enough, that people need to move, that any given week or month one may not be active enough to be in a clan ... if people set their goal on getting the rewards.

- The rewards can be trash. 1 booster for completing a clan mission?  After struggling to complete a particular mission for an hour or more, that feels like an insult.

And the whole thing actually backfires more on the game and the commuinity.

With the now known weekly top goal of 4000, clans with a mix of player activity ... simply don't stand a chance.

While it is an optional feature, and one should not expect rewards for limited time invested;  it is still a new frustration for most players. It failed to launch properly.  It is poorly implemented.

People already tire of the daily load screens for news, extra sales, pop-up deals after a battle, red dot notifications we can't get rid of without spending two minutes clicking around ( worst offender is the you-won-an-avatar ), we get events stacked on top of other events, events that seemingly do nothing (that music band thing?), more sales, battle pass, more gambling, more crates every given week or month, rewards that expire in three days but require additional purchases, rewards that you cannot pause (3x certs), rewards that vanish in 1 hr (tech tree discount), ...

All small frustrations that add up.

I really hope the pendulum can swing back towards more simplicity, transparency, and player appreciation.

People try to play for fun and relaxation.

The lopsided teams, ongoing verbal toxicity and trolls are bad enough. Missions right now add more stress than it is is worth, unless one can play for an unlimited amount of time and thus auto-completes them in the background.

So, in the end, the motivation for clan missions is very limited at best. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

_Cletus #2 Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:05 PM

[edited] Voodoo [edited] Wizard [edited]

• Players
  • 33600 battles
  • [III-C]
Agreed, WG pooped the bed on this one.  I've been trying to participate but the shifting goal posts makes it hard for me to keep caring about completing clan missions.

Most people are other people.  Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.  -Oscar Wilde

Viper8757NC #3 Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27016 battles
  • [III-S]

>>A lot of veteran players have decreased their game time or pretty much walked off into the sunset, for any combination of reasons, between the game, TRASH player base, etc and real life.<<

FTFY

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:15 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Physics Denier

• Players
  • 18594 battles
  • [III-C]

One thing I feel like they did correctly is the Leaderboard. This brings some healthy competition between clan mates. But overall I feel like the unrealistic goals breed resentment within a clan, which is unhealthy.

I like the idea, but as per usual WG took a simple concept and really effed this one up.

generalhonks #5 Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8813 battles
  • [HOUSE]
I agree with all of that. Also, does anyone feel like Battle Passes happen too often?

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

Gojira1150 #6 Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2628 battles
  • [GRAMS]

View Postgeneralhonks, on 25 November 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

I agree with all of that. Also, does anyone feel like Battle Passes happen too often?

Wargaming seems to have discovered them recently, and now has fallen in love with them, honestly I might be a part of the problem because I have payed for all of the premium passes since Code: Fatal, except the time the Annihilator was one of the prizes, because that is just my luck, to skip the one battle pass that gives an OP tank...

RoadKutter #7 Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:15 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 42422 battles
  • [III-C]

Nothing beats the collect 6000xp mission which rewarded me with one xp booster. I mean come on, what is the point comarade?

Ghosting reds since 2014

wrecker1968 #8 Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:25 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 57787 battles
  • [HOUSE]

Agreed. Have lost motivation for the clan missions already.

Sad part is, it is actually a good base idea. But very poorly implemented.

DobyIR #9 Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:56 PM

I see you...

• Players
  • 51799 battles
  • [III]
I have to agree with acrisis on this one. The concept is a really good one with getting clan mates more engaged but the implementation and failure to pay out the first week has left a sour taste in most people’s mouths. Unfortunately I feel no drive to continue to work towards clan awards until we are paid out the complete amount we earned in week one and adjustments are made to allow the majority of clans to earn acceptable awards for a weeks efforts.

Edited by DobyIR, 25 November 2020 - 09:57 PM.

LordDumptruck #10 Posted 25 November 2020 - 10:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20482 battles
  • [III-C]
Chiming in with a bullet that has been mentioned specifically but not globally: the rewards for completion of daily clan missions are terrible. As stated previously, single grey boosters for killing eight medium tanks or fourteen tanks in platoon or something like that? Man.

_Crusader6_ #11 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:13 AM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 72386 battles
  • [-EXP-]

It just further trashes the game.  

Why, the incredible amount of morons that play in platoons now.  

I mean, imagine the solo player who loads in with 3x 40%’er toons on green.  
    Yup two camping tier X lights beside their buddies the IS-4 and IS-7 snipers.  
and the 2x recon Grilles...

When you have 4 games in a day when you have 6 zero damage greens in tier X, you really need to ask yourself, why are you playing, as you seem to be the only one on your team that is actually playing Blitz. 

Before clan missions I had only ever had 6 zero damage greens in an X game Once before in 6 years.  Six years, now it seems it’s common place.  

Tank Hoarder: 429 tanks in Garage:  440/440 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

tedg5 #12 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:21 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 58803 battles
  • [AGOGO]

Yea, clan missions should have encouraged you to reasonably step up your wotbing and overall platooning. Instead it sets the bar so high, and then moves it to boot, that it’s hard to care. All that was said above, you want that “if we just do a liiittle more” moment to encourage continued play....

:facepalm:

Having said that, WG is better about not dealing out full on “kicks in the nutz”, now they are just glancing blows. :amazed:

rosgrim #13 Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 100886 battles
  • [COD]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 26 November 2020 - 12:13 AM, said:

It just further trashes the game.  

Why, the incredible amount of morons that play in platoons now.  

I mean, imagine the solo player who loads in with 3x 40%’er toons on green.  
    Yup two camping tier X lights beside their buddies the IS-4 and IS-7 snipers.  
and the 2x recon Grilles...

When you have 4 games in a day when you have 6 zero damage greens in tier X, you really need to ask yourself, why are you playing, as you seem to be the only one on your team that is actually playing Blitz. 

Before clan missions I had only never had 6 zero damage greens in an X game Once before in 6 years.  Six years, now it seems it’s common place.  

110% with this,

in fact

the poor rewards/too challenging target (I dare to find a clan able to get more than half the rewards) compared with this issue that is deeply influencing the game experience (the "mortal platoon" - that is 40% toning - are now hordes) ......

make me strongly desire that it will disappear magically.

Edited by rosgrim, 26 November 2020 - 04:59 AM.

LordDumptruck #14 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:01 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20482 battles
  • [III-C]
The survey recently put out was strongly skewed towards clan missions staying and only getting maybe minor tweaks: one of the answers to the question “what do you think of getting rewards for completing clan based missions?” Was “it is right and as it should be” which sounds like it came out of a creepy manuscript rather than a “let’s see what the player base-and not us staff-thinks” kind of survey answer. 

acrisis #15 Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-C]

Of course clan missions will stay.

It is kind of an automatic / logical expansion of the game, that we could have had years ago already ( but got scheduled after the UI revamp ) 

The important questions are: does it work, what doesn’t, how should wg fix it

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  

generalhonks #16 Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8813 battles
  • [HOUSE]
I would love for it to stay, but with some changes. I don’t want to work my butt off for 80000 credits and some boosters.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

RonaldusMaximus_ #17 Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:15 PM

• Players
  • 18594 battles
  • [III-C]
I don't care if they stay or go. Just leave the leader board 

acrisis #18 Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-C]
Yes, you are a leader :) 

BE  (+)   

RoadKutter #19 Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 42422 battles
  • [III-C]
Still did not receive the rewards from the very first mission fail.

Ghosting reds since 2014

RonaldusMaximus_ #20 Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:05 PM

• Players
  • 18594 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRoadKutter, on 26 November 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

Still did not receive the rewards from the very first mission fail.

Filing a third ticket 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users