Japanese TDs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

AntoineDodson #1 Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:36 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 34101 battles
  • [-OMG-]

Just finished the Swedish heavy line. Probably time to start the Japanese TD’s.

Thoughts on the line?

I’m not opposed to skipping the early tiers if they are junk as I have over 700k of free xp.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

generalhonks #2 Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8805 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Chi To SPG is really strong. Troll armor, ok mobility, a great gun. The rest of the line is pretty standard, although the Tier X Ho Ri has good prem shells.

Edited by generalhonks, 26 November 2020 - 05:00 PM.

No, I’m not defending German technical superiority, I’m stating the ****ing obvious!

One day, the goose will rule the world!!

tedg5 #3 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:15 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 58774 battles
  • [AGOGO]
It’s good, you’ll have fun! :great:

_BobaFett #4 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:33 PM

Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 17780 battles

I'll just repost this here:

Block Quote

Tier VII Chi-To SPG:

This tank is a true beast. To use this tank effectively you'll need to be looking for hills and ridges where you can make use of the fantastic 10 degrees of gun depression it has, therefore increasing your effective armor and generating more bounces. It's also a viable option for sniping, as it is low to the ground and has a good camo rating. Be careful not to push too aggressively because while the armor is fantastic, your hit point pool is not. Try not to trade shot; play the peek-a-boom tactic often. 

Tier VIII Ho-Ri T.I:

This one is severely underrated as most people don't like it. While the power-to-weight ratio isn't the greatest and neither is the traverse, it does have an excellent top speed of 45 km/h which allows you to roll with the meds when necessary and it allows you to get into position quickly. The gun is simply glorious on this tank. With rammer and provisions you can get the reload down to 8 seconds with 400 alpha, not to mention 3rd best penetration at tier 8 with 246mm. The armor is also quite bouncy, but don't rely on it as your hit point pool is still quite low, only 1100. One thing you should take note of is that the vehicle is rather tall, resulting in a poor camo rating and it makes it a large target. There is also a tiny strip of armor on the top of the tank that is an auto-pen, but most tanks will be unable to hit it anyway. 

Tier IX Ho-Ri T.II:

By far the strongest in the line, the Type II is a formidable opponent in battle. The upper plate on this tank is sitting at 400-450mm of effective armor when faceing dead-on, not even a Jagdpanzer E 100 HEAT shell running calibrated will pen it. The lower plate is also exceedingly small, just a tiny strip below the upper plate. It is pennable though, and you shouldn't be too aggressive because of that. Combine the impressive armor with a devastating gun that deals 560 with 290mm of pen and an 11 second reload, you can start to see why this tank is so strong. Something that this tank gets that no other tank gets in the game other than the Foch 155 is the fact that its premium shells do only 15 less damage per shot than the regular shells but with MASSIVE penetration. For this reason, I'd say just load the gold if you have the credits to do so. Obviously, if you can't afford the premium shells, don't use them. 290mm is plenty for tier 9, so don't feel inclined to use only premium shells. As with all of the tanks, it has a low HP pool of 1500, so make sure to not push too aggressively.

Tier X Ho-Ri T.III: 

This one requires a little more skill to use, as you lose the armor the previous tanks had. The hull, while 250mm, isn't very reliable against tier 10 guns, and your gun mantlet is paper thin. Don't ever rely on bounces in this tank; focus on staying back and dealing damage with your excellent gun that you have. It also has the mobility to be flexible, as it goes 50 km/h and has a decent traverse speed. You can get the reload down to 10.1 seconds with a rammer and provisions, resulting in a DPM of 3kish. Something you should be aware of is the gun arc. Only 7 degrees either way is pretty poor, and you generally shouldn't run with the meds for this reason. I'd play it as a campy, 3rd-line support tank for the heavies.

In my opinion it's one of the best lines to grind in the game.

Formerly known as "Nathanronco".

Last battle: 30 ago

Retired from Blitz, just hang around the forums these days.

__Frostbite #5 Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:55 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 31686 battles
  • [_V2_]
The tanks are a little vanilla, but all the tanks are either really strong or at least acceptable. It's one of the better lines in the game in that there are no stinkers in the line. Good luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LordDumptruck #6 Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20445 battles
  • [III-C]
The Chi To SPG stands shoulder to shoulder with the JPanther and T25 AT as the Three Amigos of casemated chaos at tier 7. It is a real treat and can really brutalize even two or three tanks if they decide to not push on it straight away. 

AntoineDodson #7 Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:32 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 34101 battles
  • [-OMG-]
Commence Japanese grind.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

j_rod #8 Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:36 PM

Not a moderator, but Better Looking Than Cletus

• Players
  • 28645 battles
  • [III-R]

Chi-To SPG is fantastic and one of the best T7 vehicles in the game currently. The combination of gun "down", alpha, DPM, and mobility make it a beast. 

Actually mastered the Ho Ri Type 3 yesterday in my first game in it in months and it was better than I remembered. Just have to pretend you have no armor and use the mobility and pen to make the best of it. 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users