• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

pilotharrison #1 Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:53 PM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 11428 battles

Hi everyone! 

Have some hard decisions to make here. 

The E25 #1 bundle is $13.99 (CAD) and so is 4250 gold, and I currently have enough gold if I buy the $13.99 gold to get either the Lorraine 40 t or the Obj 252 U. 

I already own the classic Tier 8 trio of premium heavies - the IS-6, T34, and Lowe, as well as the KV-5 and the 2015 Snowstorm JgTiger 8,8, so I'm considering either the Lorraine or E25 more to diversify my garage a bit. However, if the Obj 252 U is really worth it, I'll consider it. 

From your experience which is the most worth it? 

Thanks and happy tanking! 

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

Aced tanks: T34, KV-3, Type 58, T14, Churchill III, Excelsior, Pz. II L "Luchs", FCM36Pak40, BT-SV (x2), Ke-Ni (x2), Pz. II G (x8), Pz. II J (x4)

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View Postpilotharrison, on 26 November 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Hi everyone! 

The E25 #1 bundle is $13.99 (CAD) and so is 4250 gold, and I currently have enough gold if I buy the $13.99 gold to get either the Lorraine 40 t or the Obj 252 U. 

I already own the classic Tier 8 trio of premium heavies - the IS-6, T34, and Lowe, as well as the KV-5 and the 2015 Snowstorm JgTiger 8,8, so I'm considering either the Lorraine or E25 more to diversify my garage a bit. However, if the Obj 252 U is really worth it, I'll consider it. 

You will struggle hard in both the Lorraine and the E25.  The 252 is much more nub friendly.   If you must get a new tank, get the 252.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

hobblegoat #3 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15771 battles
  • [N-W-6]
252 is good for rated and thats it imo, it is not what I would call a fun tank.

_BobaFett #4 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:36 PM

Bounty Hunter

• Players
  • 17848 battles
If I were you I'd get the E 25 simply because it's the most fun one. 252U is strong and all, but the playstyle is very stale and you'll get bored of it quickly.

Bad players blame MM.

Good players blame bad players.

Great players blame themselves.

Formerly known as "Nathanronco".

LordDumptruck #5 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21232 battles
  • [III-C]
The Lorraine is interesting, but high variance-if you are against a three heavy three td and one 152 toting American light tank team you may be as worried about dodging fire as dishing it out. Similarly if you are alone on the flank you are ripe for abuse on your tenets second reload. It can be fun, and sometimes it requires you to hide under your team’s umbrella. 

acrisis #6 Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-S]
Fun is in winning ... E25 is not a carry tank. YMMV. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

generalhonks #7 Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8979 battles
  • [HOUSE]
E 25 takes a fair bit of skill, but once you have skill it is very fun to play. Same with the 40t. However, the Obj 252U is much more friendly when you first jump in. It gets boring after a while though, and any skilled player will take the 252U with ease. Long term, get the E 25. If you are unsure of your skill, get the 252.

Irany0 #8 Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:39 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 24431 battles
  • [FRS17]
Like what everyone else is saying, E25 and 40T if you like having fun while grinding credits, even if you can't always carry the games.

252U if you like winning and don't mind that it's just another ISX copy with better armor.

I don't know about you, but I'd never willingly buy the 252U because it just seems boring and undynamic to me, no matter how strong it is.

Edited by Destroy0, 26 November 2020 - 07:40 PM.

Meat_Locker #9 Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:14 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 55453 battles
  • [TOES]

Ranked in order to "Must Have":

252U : Low DPM (terrible) but good for when you are feeling lazy. 

Most fun but exhausting: Lorraine

Exhausting and less effective than ever: E25

All are must haves. Don't sweat it too much.

Don't take this overly personally. When I look at your stats, you probably should work on the fundamentals at tiers 5 & 6 and not jump to tier 8. The Lorraine and E25 will drive you crazy and you will fail. They are tough vehicles to make effective.

You can have a greater chance of success in the 252U but you will be selfish for playing at tier 8 and expecting the team to carry you. Morally, you are asking a LOT of others when you play any of these tanks. I wouldn't do it nor suggest it.

pilotharrison #10 Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:39 PM

Nub-in-Chief

• Players
  • 11428 battles

Fair points everyone, I do agree I am a nub. 

It seems like a common theme from replies that the 252U is an IS-X clone, and having both the IS-3 and IS-6 as tanks I'm permanently keeping, I'm leaning away from getting another one to that collection. 

So I'm considering getting either the E 25 or Lorraine, playing a few battles and then shelving it to return later, just to pay now at Black Friday prices. I don't know if that's advisable? 

Thanks

Nub-In-Chief, proud dirty seal clubber

Aced tanks: T34, KV-3, Type 58, T14, Churchill III, Excelsior, Pz. II L "Luchs", FCM36Pak40, BT-SV (x2), Ke-Ni (x2), Pz. II G (x8), Pz. II J (x4)

Meat_Locker #11 Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:47 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 55453 battles
  • [TOES]

That sounds logical and fair. One thing that you could also do is work at getting up to snuff in them in games that don't count. Sure, you could do skirmishes but neither fares well in those small games and you will still be weighing down teams.

Maybe set up a training room with 4-6 friends and go nuts.

Edited by Meat_Locker, 26 November 2020 - 10:05 PM.

Von_Blucher_1 #12 Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:53 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4046 battles
  • [KCS1]

View Postpilotharrison, on 26 November 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Fair points everyone, I do agree I am a nub. 

It seems like a common theme from replies that the 252U is an IS-X clone, and having both the IS-3 and IS-6 as tanks I'm permanently keeping, I'm leaning away from getting another one to that collection. 

So I'm considering getting either the E 25 or Lorraine, playing a few battles and then shelving it to return later, just to pay now at Black Friday prices. I don't know if that's advisable? 

Thanks

Hello.  I'm also a noob.  I have both the E25 and the 252.    The E25 is way more fun, but the 252 is wat friendlier for people like you and I.    Its slow.  But well armored.  The gun does massive damage.     

The E25, I drive it like its a medium.   I rarely use it though because I'm better in the 252 so I can help my team more.    Don't let someone tell you not to play higher tiers.   This is just a game after all.   Anyone who gets upset at you because you want to play at a tier you aren't good at, has some issues.        

Since I'm new i do play mostly lower tiers, but I have the higher tanks for when my clan members want to play upper tiers.  I early carry my team there but im usually also not a liability.    

The 252 has better armor than the other IS tanks.   It will keep you alive longer than most tanks.   Make sure you keep that huge lower plate hidden.  You will deal lots of damage if you stay alive and make every shot count.       

I got the E25, PZ IVs, 252U, and type 62. Don't regret it.   Haven't used them all extensively but I will when my skill improves.  

BillyNair #13 Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13993 battles
  • [MOD3]

I skipped answering this earlier, but now reading some more responses, I would like to weigh in. I only have the E25, so I cant itemize them, but I will respond to some other comments about WHY you should consider each tank.

I did look at your page and yeah, your stats are lower than most, but that just tells me that you are here for the "Fun of It"and not to become a professional gamer. Yes, there is something to be said about "Winning is more fun" but, winning in a lame tank isnt much fun either. My top 3 tanks as far as WR goes (Tiers 5-10) are the Agent, Spike, and Angry Conner, but I have very few "Fun" games in those. I played them enough to know I just dont like them, regardless of their WR.

My most fun tanks are the Annihilator, Gravedigger, and Black Prince!! So much fun in these tank!! The TOG, AT7, and E25 ar straight up gun games, win or lose, and MOST of these are in the 40s WR% for me. So, not a lot of wins, but so much fun.

--

THAT SAID, it looks like you run to the IS-style tanks in your games most of the time. If you like THAT style of play, it looks like the 252 might be more for you. BUT, you were saying you were looking for diversity, and the Lorraine would be closer to your other top used tanks than the E25. The E25 is definitely more diversity for your garage, but, it plays a lot like the Hetzer and Alecto, both of which you didnt play much. For me, the list would be the E25, Lorraine, then the 252, but I would say the opposite would be true for you.

So, based on your history, I would suggest:

252 - for familiarity

Lorraine - for diversity

E25 - nah

Johny_Drifter #14 Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5 battles
I am not a fan of TD's but I have seen how quick the E25 is and it looks like a fun tank to play. I have the 252U and I'm not overly impressed by it. You're rarely going to be able to make any long shots so forget about shooting at that Annihilator someone spotted on the other side of the map that you can clearly see. It's an up close and personal fighter.

_Tactician #15 Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:00 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 28067 battles
  • [CRUEL]
252U: press battle, drive forward, shoot, profit, repeat

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Meat_Locker #16 Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:10 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 55453 battles
  • [TOES]

View PostVon_Blucher_1, on 26 November 2020 - 10:53 PM, said:

Don't let someone tell you not to play higher tiers.   This is just a game after all.   Anyone who gets upset at you because you want to play at a tier you aren't good at, has some issues.        

This is the all-too-common myopic & self-centered view. 

You are engaging in an endeavor with other persons. Have some respect. Would you do the same thing with chess, basketball, Scrabble, etc? Forcing others to deal with your inability to contribute to the quality of gameplay? Is it acceptable for one to intentionally and repeatedly hamper the ability & chances of a plurality of others to find good and balanced engagement during their time?

Finding people that don't care about others is easy. Strive to not be such a commoner. 

Edited by Meat_Locker, 27 November 2020 - 05:33 AM.

BlitzAssassin #17 Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:16 PM

Kool Aid Drinker

• Players
  • 27364 battles
  • [-INQ-]

None. Based of your replies to previous comments, I suggest none. If you don’t want a is clone the the 25u wouldn’t be too fun for you. If you acknowledge you still have quite some room to grow skill wise, then you’ll likely struggle in the Lorraine and even more in the e25.

I just the t26e5 if you want to pick up a tank at this exact moment. It’s a bit on everything. Roll with the meds and you should do pretty well. If you don’t think you want it, I suggest waiting. 

waga100 #18 Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles
I have to say i'm pretty disappointed with the lorraine, its just an amx 50 100 but with more mobility which isn't a problem for the AMX- but it gives up everything that makes the AMx work. Each clip takes 1.5 seconds longer to dump and does 30 less damage as well as losing a huge chunk of HP you can leverage it with.  it's extremely high risk, not particularly high reward because you wont even 2 clip a tier 8 heavy 

I'm from the Asian server but the forum is dead there

minitel_NA #19 Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postpilotharrison, on 26 November 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hi everyone! 

obj is strong, but it gets boring for good plauers. Slow, low dpm. U need to deflect shots for your team, and your team needs to work. When you drive it, you will freak many average players because of the armor. But a good player will still get the upper hand, he will know how to get you, and you won’t be able to use the gun. 

lorraine is fun, but it’s an expensive suicider for many players. Even a good player will need great levels of concentration to make it great.

e25 is fun but only useable in some circumstances. It’s a very unique gameplay of using the camo speed and dpm from afar, which are not easy skills to master. and nowadays it’s not very competitive anymore. U need at least a good platoon mate.

if you have limited money and skills, I suggest the obj.

if you have enough money, you can get the e25, you will lose but it will teach you a lot.

lorraine will just get you swearring at your mom and your dog, and it’s the holiday season so we don’t want you to do that. 

Edited by minitel_NA, 27 November 2020 - 12:26 AM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

minitel_NA #20 Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postwaga100, on 26 November 2020 - 10:37 PM, said:

I have to say i'm pretty disappointed with the lorraine, its just an amx 50 100 but with more mobility which isn't a problem for the AMX- but it gives up everything that makes the AMx work. Each clip takes 1.5 seconds longer to dump and does 30 less damage as well as losing a huge chunk of HP you can leverage it with.  it's extremely high risk, not particularly high reward because you wont even 2 clip a tier 8 heavy 

come on .
Ram clip in this thing is 1000+ in any enemy.
if you can do it twice in a game and that’s already 2k. 

I rammed is- series for 400+ damage and ram killed many tier7 lights and borsig, etc...
i even ramkilled a vk100 once.

its a lot of fun once you use all the speed that’s inside.

ok the reload is like 25s. You can’t have everything,

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users